PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:20:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 906591 times)
ugly_duck
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #825 on: 2008 November 29, 16:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say, to more butthurt, don't change the site name, change only the .net thing to .org or anything similar. Dotcom already taken, though. Although walt.mustbedestroyed.org is a good one.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2008 November 29, 16:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have 5 PMs and if I am meant to be offering refugees web space and finding out what Squinge is doing, I could easily get more than that while I am asleep.  And I can't keep a copy of my outgoing PMs to remind myself what I said in the first place, as that would eat into the allowance even more.

Pescado you horrible old man please can you give us all at least 10 PM slots?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2008 November 29, 17:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to be offering webspace at this time. Discourage people from souping or nuking anything at this time and tell them to be patient. Remember: Pillage, THEN burn. All will be made clear in time. Do not panic.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2008 November 29, 17:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have 5 PMs and if I am meant to be offering refugees web space and finding out what Squinge is doing, I could easily get more than that while I am asleep.  And I can't keep a copy of my outgoing PMs to remind myself what I said in the first place, as that would eat into the allowance even more.

Pescado you horrible old man please can you give us all at least 10 PM slots?

He could take the five always-empty slots I've got (I ain't popular enough for PMs!) and add them to yours!  Cheesy

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
rosess
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2008 November 29, 17:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mass-moving or deleting threads, particularly large threads, in vBulletin melt0rs servers very quickly.  
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2008 November 29, 17:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I already had done before I understood the plan, and they're still replying.  Oh well...

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Yarp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2008 November 29, 17:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the adult site also being taken into consideration? I am hoping both sides are saved.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2008 November 29, 17:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the adult site also being taken into consideration? I am hoping both sides are saved.
Yes. In fact, it is probably more likely to survive because it is smaller and has sustained less damage.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2008 November 29, 17:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real scoundrels here must be Kate and Eric, Walt is just in his own businessworld, They contacted him, convinced him to buy Insim? I wonder, how did they do that?

Funny pic Pescado, to see a nazi fall on the ice made me laugh, but it was not so funny to see Hitler as a sim in lingerie over at mts2, another site which is down atm.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2008 November 29, 18:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think that, but let's just say that I know something you do not: I...am not left-handed!

Princess Bride FTW!

I'll post a notice to hold off at the Oasis. Pescado, once you get the backup, can I convince you to hold onto the contest section data long enough for my refugees to pillage it?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2008 November 29, 18:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll post a notice to hold off at the Oasis. Pescado, once you get the backup, can I convince you to hold onto the contest section data long enough for my refugees to pillage it?
That would be rather meaningless. You will see. We can burn that bridge when we come to it.

Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2008 November 29, 18:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, cool. Thanks.
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2008 November 29, 18:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The adult site is more likely to survive? Yay!

Ummm... even storys? I have a couple story writers whome I love and one of them is paniced cause she dosnt have a backuped copy of her story and the picts for her story... (I tryed to start copying it but I cant get on the site long enough to get past one page honestly plus Im trying not to try to get in to much cause I want to stay out of the way to help with the copying the site thing so we can have the clone site) I would hate for the Shadows story to disapper... or for unclesparks story to disapper. Reading them has given me a lot of happyness, enjoyment, and entertainment and its sad when a communitys storytellers work dissapeer.

Oh and waltmustbedistroyed sounds nice although we might want to refraze it to sound more individual and/or diffrent.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2008 November 29, 18:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do those of you who are freaking out get that what Pes is trying to do is get an entire backup of the site so a Mirror (exact copy) of the site can be created.  No need to pillage.  The site can come back as it was but if everyone keeps taking all their stuff down, it is only going to be very confusing when the site comes back up (with its new name and reliable server).  If you want to be included in the new site then leave it all alone for now.  He cant back up what you keep removing.  He can only Mirror what is there.  Everyone who thinks he is trying to take the site down needs to relax.  Once he is done it should all be there like it was before and then you can do whatever you want with it.

ETA, I hate punctuation.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 29, 18:54:04 by scrappysim » Logged

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
emosceneskater
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 2008 November 29, 18:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wait...but is the site still down because it's not working for me....O.o
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: