PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:09:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 906781 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #810 on: 2008 November 29, 16:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone should be notifying people it should be him I would think and that counts at sites he's been posting about it at like GoS.
I mentioned this everywhere I have access to where anyone cares. I don't even know where this Oasis thing is. And I'm busy. And I hate people. Plus, you volunteered to do it. So go do it. Chop-chop.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Killzone
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2008 November 29, 16:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I support what Pes is trying to do and understand the anger of some creators who have removed/had deleted their creations.

But isnt deleting stuff kind of pointless? Wont both sites be totally backed up somewhere in the event of some disaster?

I know zippity-shit about running a website, but one of the main priorities I would have if I did run one is having a total backup of a site saved elsewhere in case of need.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2008 November 29, 16:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think that, but let's just say that I know something you do not: I...am not left-handed!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2008 November 29, 16:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So while we're enjoying the fondue, has a new name been decided upon yet for the possibility of a  clone? InSimenator 2, InSimenator redux, InSimenator Vista?
Walt-Free InSIMenator appears to be the tentative title.
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: 2008 November 29, 16:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put up a notice at NS

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #815 on: 2008 November 29, 16:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've got to take into account that members are seeing whats going on unless they're complete neophyte asshats and are trying to grab everything they can as well. Wouldn't you? The servers were slow even at 2:00 a.m. after last weeekend when the Watzinator took over at low load times so you can imagine what this is doing to them. I never did get onto the main site yesterday other than for about 2 minutes to post one comment in the mods area, then it was down all day ~ same for the adult side, obviously.

I have, but as you yourself say, they're unlikely to be here. So writing it here is to no purpose.

If anyone should be notifying people it should be him I would think and that counts at sites he's been posting about it at like GoS. Take into account the majority of members at the InSIM sites have no idea as to who MATY, GoS, PMBD, or the newly formed Oasis even are or where and we all have a major problem.

GoS has been informed about Pescado's statement.  Matyites are unlikely to be doing anything. As for Oasis, I'm not a member, but I'm sure as a mod of Insim, you are - tell them to stop.

You'd think that, but let's just say that I know something you do not: I...am not left-handed!

Pescado watched The Princess Bride!  Shocked

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2008 November 29, 16:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

deathtowalt - If you have been at Insim for 3 years then you certainly have heard of PMBD.  Especially when the "Great Paysite Debate" was in session. It was all over the place and Insim had a thread dedicated to it.  I'm willing to bet that more people than you think know about PMBD, specifically because of the booty.  We have a lot of lurkers who never post.

If you want to be proactive, email site owners and ask that they post a message if there isn't one.  Caring about the community as you do, this will be something positive you can contribute.  Plus, the FOJ has hand-picked you for this task, you really and I do mean REALLY, don't want to let him down.  Just check out the news box.

I too am stunned that Pes has seen The Princess Bride.   Shocked

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: 2008 November 29, 16:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take into account the majority of members at the InSIM sites have no idea as to who MATY, GoS, PMBD, or the newly formed Oasis even are or where and we all have a major problem.

That's why PMBD shouldn't ever be censored.  You never know why you are going to need Pescado in a pinch.

I don't know that there is much anyone can save maybe mass emailing or a sticky at insim about the situation, and either of those things could cause Walt to lockdown the place.  So I don't know that complaining is going to get us anywhere.  Just hope that Pes gets what he needs.  

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2008 November 29, 16:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FINALLY! This thread just kept going, I didn't think I would ever reach the end. What K&E did to everyone is deplorable, fleecing the community for however long they have been, and then just leaving!?  I am sorry to everyone who had a vested interest, its sucks for you guys. This Walt guy seems like a real winner, why in the hell would you buy a website dedicated to something you admittedly know nothing about? That just seems to reek of idiocy, but I guess that has been proven already.

I can't wait to see this whole thing pan out. Seeing Walt's site crash and burn is going to be oodles of fun.  Grin

Hehe! Pes liking The Princess Bride is kind of scary. I love that movie.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2008 November 29, 16:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA Who are the powers that be round here?  I implore you PLEASE can I have more PM allowance?  I am missing important communications as my box keeps filling up Sad
The only person who could adjust that would be pescado.  Tongue

The current limit for regular members is five, I do believe.

Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2008 November 29, 16:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has this Walt person not even checked up on his new "acquisition" ? He bought a website, angered the fandom and staff and went off to have a four day long weekend ? I know it was a holliday for the US, but did he not take into account that the rest of the world doesn't celebrate the same bank hollidays or is he just that naive.
Tin Foil Hat time: Perhaps he's trying to bak up the creations the same time as Pescado, that's why the servers are turning into cheese toasties.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2008 November 29, 16:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The current limit for regular members

So I can have more if I get constipation?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 2008 November 29, 16:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So while we're enjoying the fondue, has a new name been decided upon yet for the possibility of a  clone? InSimenator 2, InSimenator redux, InSimenator Vista?

Oh no! Not Insimenator Vista! *shivers* vista has kicked me in the bottom to often.

How bout just "The Other Insim" or "The Real Insim Community"... Hey we can have a contest to see who can come up with the best name for the possable clone.
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2008 November 29, 16:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The current limit for regular members

So I can have more if I get constipation?
I would simply suggest backing up PMs elsewhere and deleting as you read or trying to convince pescado to give you more. But, if you really want to try to route you suggested, go for it. Tongue

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2008 November 29, 16:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: