PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:00:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893416 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #765 on: 2008 November 29, 15:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pauses to catch her breath* Only 7 more pages?  Maybe its slowing down.

And I try and keep backups of all my stuff - but somehow, sometimes I lose stuff anyway.  So, I made sure I had copies of all of my insim downloads and gave the goahead for nuking my section.

Actually, except for the pictures, the Walt stuff was kind of funny.  And thought was appreciated.

And Rohina, we're pirates - its not a squiggy lovefest, its just the rum keeps us pretty mellow most of the time.  That and we prefer to take the fight to the paysites.  Duh.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2008 November 29, 15:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, of course, let's never forget the final step:
4. Worshipping Yours Truly.

hmmm ... you might have a problem there Pescado .. you have to realise we don't all universally adore you  Shocked
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2008 November 29, 15:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you le tsome of us that actually call the place home like I have for over 3 years try and get some things done before you all start sharking it to death? I'm sympathetic to all of your concerns about archiving creations but we as staff have been left in a shitstorm. All of this is making things difficult way beyond what it has to be.

I am sympathetic to the Admins and Mods who got blindsided by all of this. I really could not wait to see if my things were going to be put up for sale, so I yanked them.

Insim is in its death throes. You can't really want to be a part of it anymore, can you? Knowing what K & E did? What Walt intends to do?
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #768 on: 2008 November 29, 15:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, of course, let's never forget the final step:
4. Worshipping Yours Truly.

hmmm ... you might have a problem there Pescado .. you have to realise we don't all universally adore you  Shocked

If Pescado can crash and burn Wallyworld while preserving it's goods for the rest of us, I will worship him to my dying breath.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2008 November 29, 15:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if everyone must join in the slurping at least organise it so you do a section each - not everyone heading for the same one first and leaving some out altogether Smiley
Look, I have a battlefleet of 7 commercial-grade servers. There is no way you can do anything except slow things down.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2008 November 29, 15:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pescado can crash and burn Wallyworld while preserving it's goods for the rest of us, I will worship him to my dying breath.

I get the occasional twinge of a crush on Pescado myself, at times like this...

Our lil friend must be stopped.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2008 November 29, 15:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, quit taking all the fun!  Fire is so...messy and stinky.  Nekkid and tied up, we will have pics to post.  Grin

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2008 November 29, 15:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just trying to suggest you get some organizational skills and go about it in an orderly fashion as has been suggested. Running haphapzardly all at once all over both sites is only preventing you from completing what you're trying to accomplish. For one, people like gothplague who'd recently had a serious meltdown of her computer a few weeks ago had a Hell of a time trying to get in and get copies of 3 years worth of her hard work for backups because of the feeding frenzy you're displaying.

I'm not thinking of myself in this at all but of the friends I have at both sites, so quit trying to act like this is some kind of magnanimous action by most of you. If it is you're sure showing it in a strange way.

And if everyone must join in the slurping at least organise it so you do a section each - not everyone heading for the same one first and leaving some out altogether Smiley
Look, I have a battlefleet of 7 commercial-grade servers. There is no way you can do anything except slow things down.

Then the rest ought to just kick back and let you go about it...
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: 2008 November 29, 15:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then the rest ought to just kick back and let you go about it...

That's what we're doing

edit -
Oh, and BTW
I'm not thinking of myself in this at all but of the friends I have at both sites, so quit trying to act like this is some kind of magnanimous action by most of you. If it is you're sure showing it in a strange way.
Bite me. We were grabbing stuff to preserve it for everyone and make sure it was available to be put back up by Pes. Not cause we wanted it all to ourselves - I have no interest in half the stuff I grabbed.  Magnanimous - not really, just trying to be helpful. You may not have noticed, but you're not the only one who got burned here.

silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2008 November 29, 15:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I see that InsimAdult was on for a few moments, and I could read everything, and now, I can't.

I'd post one of my usual book-length posts, but there isn't much more to add here than what you fellow pirates have already added.

Geez, back when I worked retail as Christmas help for a commissioned salesperson, the salesperson at least got me a small token for the hours of work I put to help give her the best season's sales she had in years. A rather puny token, but she at least made the effort. This guy isn't probably even going to give the mods and creators a McDonald's gift certificate if he makes any money from this venture. So ... he expects faithful servants to mind the masses and produce beautiful creations for free while he rakes in the cash!? And the previous owners expected the same (and indeed, probably succeeded)?

Nice. Real nice.

I have a quick question, and I realize that it may not be easily resolved because in terms of creations to the Insim family, I have contributed but one item, and the creations of more prolific creators do, of course, come first. How do I remove said puny little download? (I backed it up a long time ago.)  Granted, it would probably fetch Walt about .001 cent, but ...

And if I asked an obvious question, I humbly await my macro-punishment.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: 2008 November 29, 15:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone heard from Squinge yet? Is he considering accepting the cookies? I think that's one of the more important transitions as it concerns active hacks and people need might technical support.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2008 November 29, 15:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not thinking of myself in this at all but of the friends I have at both sites,

It's not possible to have friends at InSimenator.net unless you're a necrophile.  InSimenator.net is dead.  It is being vulturized as we type.  Go chat to your surviving friends at Sim Oasis Smiley

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: 2008 November 29, 15:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I worship no man. But if someone tech savvy enough says he can do this, I step back and let the man do his thing. I've learned to take his word for these things. But I hardly worship people I've never met or talked to.

I have a quick question, and I realize that it may not be easily resolved because in terms of creations to the Insim family, I have contributed but one item, and the creations of more prolific creators do, of course, come first. How do I remove said puny little download? (I backed it up a long time ago.) Before InsimAdult went flaky again, I didn't see anyplace on the thread where you can delete it or the download.  Granted, it would probably fetch Walt about .001 cent, but ...

Best not to do anything to do with Insim right now. You would not like being caught between Pescado's battlefleet and the cheezeservers.

Also, I thought it was made clear at least that *for now* there were no plans of making anything pay. I thought we mostly objected to the way he handld things, right?

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2008 November 29, 15:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone heard from Squinge yet? Is he considering accepting the cookies? I think that's one of the more important transitions as it concerns active hacks and people need might technical support.

No, I emailed him on the suggestion of Chaavik as I was offering him hosting, but also AncientHighway has extended an invite to him, so he does have options.  However, more than 24hrs later I have not had a response.   I think he tends to come and go.  I wonder how he would feel if someone simply did the hard work of moving his stuff for him, and gave him control over them as and when he re-emerges?

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2008 November 29, 15:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you weren't referencing your friends in your previous post.  So quit bitching.  Pes can put a stop to it and he has.  I haven't been to Insim in over a month so there's no reason for me to go now and piss off the FOJ, no matter how much I like nekkid.

Quorneater, Paden and I have his number, want me to call him?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: