PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:01:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 906710 times)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #720 on: 2008 November 29, 08:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For future impersonations, DollieD, try to remember that brevity is the soul of wit.

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2008 November 29, 09:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was strange dollied thought no one would recognise her. Does she live in the middle of nowhere.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2008 November 29, 09:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's down again.   Everyone seems to be trying to "back up" stuff from there.  WOuldn't it have made more sense to just leave it to Pes?  At this rate no one will manage to get it all.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2008 November 29, 09:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, I'd just like to get on long enough to download any of my piddly shit that I may not have backed up.  They aren't much, but they are mine.

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2008 November 29, 09:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's down again.   Everyone seems to be trying to "back up" stuff from there.  WOuldn't it have made more sense to just leave it to Pes?  At this rate no one will manage to get it all.

Yes. But this is the Sims community. When has it ever made sense? Cheesy

I don't really understand the creators who don't have copies of their own work. I have a hard time deleting stuff I make that's crap, just because it's mine, even though it sucks. I can't imagine not having backups of things I actually thought were good enough to upload.

Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 2008 November 29, 09:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really understand the creators who don't have copies of their own work. I have a hard time deleting stuff I make that's crap, just because it's mine, even though it sucks. I can't imagine not having backups of things I actually thought were good enough to upload.

I feel exactly the same.  I have very few sims uploaded on the adult side, and I have backups, but I'm anal retentive to the point that I just have to double check. Cheesy

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2008 November 29, 09:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a complete duplicate of my site - pages and downloads - on my local disk so any time I have to change host I just upload it as it is.  That's one of the reasons I use pages rather than attach to my forum - cos once when I lost my forum and restored from its backup that I had diligently taken, I learnt that attachments never get backed up, and the links to them stop working.  Loads of tedious work to reupload everything even though the wretched attachments are sitting there happily in their folder being ignored!

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: 2008 November 29, 09:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm absolutely anal - I have a backup of my site from its first incarnation (the purple, the red html, and the joomla), all my creations backed up in my external hard drive, and on my PC, a backup of every joomla thing I've ever installed, as well as making periodic backups of my entire site, and getting this feature called "Lazybackup" to send the MySQL to my email every ten days.   Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
PirateOfMashedPotatoes
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2008 November 29, 09:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that why they have these weird games of guess what the person on top of you is up to?

I'll tell you what the person on top of me is up to, just as soon as we are done. Be back later.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2008 November 29, 09:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that why they have these weird games of guess what the person on top of you is up to?

I'll tell you what the person on top of me is up to, just as soon as we are done. Be back later.

TMI kthx

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
PirateOfMashedPotatoes
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2008 November 29, 10:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TMI kthx

It's my freakin' dentist, for crying out loud.  He's pulling my tooth.  What did you think I was talking about?!
lamamma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2008 November 29, 10:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so glad someone has already saved Olemantiker's stuff! and generally speaking, it's great what you're doing for all the Insim creators (here and at GoS, Oasis etc etc).
I sent him an e-mail but you know he's not around so much anymore.
The going on and off of Insim is making everthing harder, but if the reason is Pescado then I'm fine, just hope that it's not the stupid evil Walt who has shutted down the site. Frankly, if he's conviced he bought the stuff together with the site name it could be a very hard war to remove everything from there, also because I've read some posts before that administrators didn't get access to FTP files, is it right? Very wise from K&E.
I'm  just happy I didn't know them, but I'm really sorry for all of you who called them friends.
There must be a lesson behind this tsunami but I still can't decode the message.
I just want to think to the positive aspects so far, which are mainly referred to your great support and to the amazing community relationship.
However, it's such a disgusting event and make me feel bad the lacking of respect showned by K&E, they should be the first to go nuked. Who knows, they can even be around under different nicks.

Anyway, immediately after the first Walt announcement it was clear that Insim would have troubles, nothing could be as before and surely not better then before, but in some way the whole thing is going well if you think to the support the community is giving spontaneously.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 29, 10:41:31 by lamamma » Logged
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2008 November 29, 10:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TMI kthx

It's my freakin' dentist, for crying out loud.  He's pulling my tooth.  What did you think I was talking about?!

Your dentist is ON TOP OF YOU?  Shocked He's doing it wrong.  Tongue

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2008 November 29, 10:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In principle I have nothing against Walt (or anyone else) running InSim.  And he was apparently honest about he was intending to make a profit unlike the rats who ran out on us.   But he did need to speak to the contributors before starting to think about taking an income from the site.   Maybe many of the creators would have said "whatever", but it is pretty much in contravention of their copyright to deliberately start making a profit from publishing their work without entering into an agreement with them.  Even TSR obtains the agreement of their creators.   He definitely needed some awareness of these issues before considering his options.  

And purely for his own benefit, he also needed to contact each staff member to find out which was happy to transfer to working with him and change his team to suit if necessary.   No one with any sense goes off for 4 days leaving people who might hate him or have any level of integrity or otherwise with the keys to the whole site.  The admins are actually displaying a good level of restraint, but he was not to know they would.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2008 November 29, 10:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the desire to riot is pretty high. It is suppressed at the moment by several things, such that I have specifically stated not to riot at this time, and that the site keeps crashing anyway. But everyone can understand the importance of pillaging BEFORE you burn.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: