PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 14:00:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 908410 times)
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #480 on: 2008 November 28, 21:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh they deserve to rot alright. What they did is unforgivable. No, I never knew them. But for those that did, I have a lot of sympathy for you. As for Kathy and Eric, I don't care what crap is supposedly going on in their lives. It gives them absolutely NO right to do what they did. They get no sympathy, and they will get what's coming to them no matter how lazy Karma is. They almost make TSR look like fraudster wannabes. Almost.

And this is turning out exactly as I predicted. The ship is sinking, and based on posts made at GoS it appears that Pescado's WFIS plan is going ahead.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 21:18:08 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2008 November 28, 21:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one reason Insim used to drive me nuts. They worshiped Kathy and Eric as gods over there -- including worshiping Kathy's stupid booby picture.

I used to find some of her humour quite irritating, but I wanted to be nice to her because people used to tell me what a hard time she was having in her personal life.  But I think she's made up for that now with a few thousand of our dollars.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2008 November 28, 21:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She always got on my nerves. I donated to the site maybe a year ago but she got so annoying, I quit. I wanted to be sympathetic, but she was so unstable and profane I just couldn't.

So I would swoop in, grab downloads, post enough thanks to kill the "why haven't you posted message" and be on my way. Some of the creators there are really good. I hope they find a new place to post their stuff, they don't deserve this.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2008 November 28, 21:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention trying to sell a community of individuals and thinking the staff was gonna roll over and expose our throats and bellies to this new son of a bitch like trained dogs. When I think of the hours that some of the admins spent on that site, doing the damn updates, chasing down some of the folks that uploaded stuff in order to get rid of pay content, and just generally doing shit that K&E ought to have been doing, it pisses me off more than I can express.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2008 November 28, 21:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to find some of her humour quite irritating, but I wanted to be nice to her because people used to tell me what a hard time she was having in her personal life.  But I think she's made up for that now with a few thousand of our dollars.

The sad thing is, if they had just been up-front and said that they needed $700 before the end of the week to pay their rent or fix their car or whatever it was for, I bet people would have donated anyway just out of loyalty and a feeling of friendship.  It wouldn't have necessarily been classy, but at least it would have been honest.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2008 November 28, 21:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one reason Insim used to drive me nuts. They worshiped Kathy and Eric as gods over there -- including worshiping Kathy's stupid booby picture.

Other people have pretty much said it, but having a hard time in your personal life does not give you the right to treat other people like garbage. What kind of hard time were those other people having, and what gave her the right to walk all over them? It was just an excuse.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: 2008 November 28, 21:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, I'm glad you locked it -  after reading some of those posts I want to explode - and I don't explode usually.

And I think the goodbye to the boobies was pretty funny.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2008 November 28, 21:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So yeah, Walt... good luck with your server and domain name. The soul of insimenator (creators, creations, shitload of members and staff) is simply moving elsewhere to continue to make the community you tried to buy.

Inactive
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2008 November 28, 21:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I prefer Elton John's "Good-bye, Yellow Brick Road," it has a hell of a lot more honesty to it.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: 2008 November 28, 21:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sad thing is, if they had just been up-front and said that they needed $700 before the end of the week to pay their rent or fix their car or whatever it was for, I bet people would have donated anyway just out of loyalty and a feeling of friendship.  It wouldn't have necessarily been classy, but at least it would have been honest.

True.  But honesty is almost never the easy way out, and I believe that is exactly what they were bargaining for.  It's the same reason they neglected to even notify their own staff of the changes.  They would have been subject to alot of criticism.  Selling the site to Walt was easier.  They got the money from someone who was probably more than willing and were able to check-out without having to deal with the drama, anger and hurt feelings.    

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2008 November 28, 21:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, if anyone's interrested, there's always a place at Noukiesims 2 if you wanted your creations there. Either resident creator or a Community creator.
Edit: DUH, there's this server space and help with building your own site too, ofcourse. 100% free.

Inactive
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2008 November 28, 21:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So HugeLunatic I assume between the two of us we got Ole covered, so I'm gonna give it a break.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2008 November 28, 21:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt's first post, condensed to reflect honesty and brevity: "Hi, my name is Walt, and I'm a greedy dumbass and I own this site, everyone here and all of the creations posted. You'll like slaving for me and bringing me more monies and if you don't, you will be forced to watch my incredibly boring YouTube videos and learn how to shoot yourself in the ass with no help at all. Support this site, my mommy does, and she's nice enough to let me live in her basement and she even gives me allowance money cause I just suck at businessman. Isn't my mommy great, she went through the Great Depression and she knows how important it is to be entertained. So, give me monies and I'll act like a dancing jackass for you!"

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: 2008 November 28, 21:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  I've got images too.  Downthemall was not working quite right, kept giving me php.  I'm sure I used it wrong.  But got all of ole's stuff.  And a copy on my external as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2008 November 28, 21:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt's first post, condensed to reflect honesty and brevity: "Hi, my name is Walt, and I'm a greedy dumbass and I own this site, everyone here and all of the creations posted. You'll like slaving for me and bringing me more monies and if you don't, you will be forced to watch my incredibly boring YouTube videos and learn how to shoot yourself in the ass with no help at all. Support this site, my mommy does, and she's nice enough to let me live in her basement and she even gives me allowance money cause I just suck at businessman. Isn't my mommy great, she went through the Great Depression and she knows how important it is to be entertained. So, give me monies and I'll act like a dancing jackass for you!"

You owe me a new monitor, mine has milk spewed all over it.
I love my Paden. WOOT!

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: