PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:12:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 15 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893953 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #465 on: 2008 November 28, 20:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it my imagination or have the main admins stopped posting too?

No - they seem to have - probably don't know it's back up, or are too busy baleeting and downloading to shout into the abyss. Cheesy

You have valid points and the smart buyers would know that but the current event at hand shows not all would do the proper research before buying. I think it was Barnum who said "There's one born every minute."

Well it'll also be immeasurably smaller when everyone is finished - it won't have such and such fan content - it will be a shadow of its former self, with graffiti all over it, and angry shit all over the place - and a terrible reputation.  He let it go down for one day, and already there's far less optimism than there once was.

Of course, there is one born every minute, and Walt may make money at it.  It strikes me that before he gets over his arrogance though (still hasn't checked in) that it will all be too late.  He doesn't have a clue how to handle sims community drama - it's not enough to just say "get over it" or "if you want to leave, leave" - that's a quick way of killing a forum.  Fucking over the staff - that's a big mistake too - it would be a spam farm there if they're not caring for it.  He may have bought a big fansite - but he's going to have to sell a small fansite, and once I know where everything stands, I'll be removing my link to insim, and I'm sure a lot of others will do so also. He may just be the last sucker in line once he's through with his management techniques - particularly if everyone is saying Yay! Pescado.

Furthermore, he'll have to invest far more time to stop all those bitter people who will leave messages about "Insim is dead, come to Reinsim" etc. just like TSR has to do.  I think he'll give it up as a bad job.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2008 November 28, 20:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have most of the stuff for olemantiker, but I didn't get any images.

Does someone have an add on that will strip those quickly?

Oh fuck I was doing that too, lol

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: 2008 November 28, 20:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll grab the community section then, as I can - after all, while those folks aren't as well known for their creations, they put as much love into it, and shouldn't have it used to make money for this guy either.

Got a show and family stuff to do tonight too, though, so it will be kind of catch as catch can.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2008 November 28, 20:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She may sound like that in public, but the staff section is another area entirely.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
whiterider
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2008 November 28, 20:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine Pes will finish backing up, but for those of you want to do it yourselves too, DownThemAll! for FF.

Should be able to nab the images too. If you get DL issues (other than general server shittiness and overload), go into Preferences and turn off multiple DLs and multiple chunks. Some sites (such as MTS2 and the booty) have protections against these functions which will lock you out from downloading if you're using them.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 21:07:51 by whiterider » Logged
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2008 November 28, 20:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Pes will likely get anything that is missed.

But I think Walt Dismal was planning to "shine" the place up a bit and sell on to the highest bidder, mostly likely another "online marketing and web business guy". Either way InSIM was doomed to destruction; it was only a matter of time.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: 2008 November 28, 20:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries ken!  As long as we get everything.  Duplicates are ok.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2008 November 28, 20:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh For Fucks Sake

Just keep trying you'll get it eventually

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: 2008 November 28, 20:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got Enayla's files, but NOT the images - was going back for that, but since Nixy got those, I'll concentrate on Sgooby right now.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2008 November 28, 20:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, Paden locked the thread. I was going to ask them if they were on crack or something.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 2008 November 28, 20:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHAHAHA! Oh dear, they're brown nosing people who don't give a flying fuck about them. So sad!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2008 November 28, 20:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it so I didn't explode like all hell in the general area. That, and I was getting massive sugar poisoning.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
whiterider
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2008 November 28, 20:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Caffeinated Joy sounded like she was intending to stick by him.
http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php?topic=8.msg270#msg270
http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php?topic=8.msg325#msg325
« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 21:08:07 by whiterider » Logged
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2008 November 28, 21:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHAHAHA! Oh dear, they're brown nosing people who don't give a flying fuck about them. So sad!

This is one reason Insim used to drive me nuts. They worshiped Kathy and Eric as gods over there -- including worshiping Kathy's stupid booby picture.

However, many people really liked the tone of the site. I'd hate to see it become just another Pescado production, because many of those people would be left in the cold. If the same staff were kept, though, it would probably work out well. However, since I only went to insim to snarf downloads very occasionally, I don't really have a horse in this race. Tongue

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2008 November 28, 21:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it so I didn't explode like all hell in the general area. That, and I was getting massive sugar poisoning.

Guess someone has to be a grown-up.

I'm really not too worried anymore. Everyone is busy backing up the important downloads. I yanked nearly all of my stuff. Insim will either continue nuking itself or Pes will save it. Meh....

It is a pity though about all the people who gave so much only to be shafted by K & E.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: