PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:56:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894418 times)
jokerswild
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #450 on: 2008 November 28, 20:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about that too, but in relation to ad revenue.  It still couldn't possible be enough to earn in one weekend what he paid for it, could it?

Edit:  Has anyone got all of olemantiker's stuff?

This will surely last more than a weekend but one could sell a bunch of ad space in a single day, if you show enough traffic. Either way there is money to be made. Can't beat a scandal when trying to draw people to a site.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: 2008 November 28, 20:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a few thoughts. How many visits/traffic has this generated? How many other sites is Google picking up the mention of the Insim sites issues? Will it make the market value appear better for the next potential buyer?

It's not going to be generating a lot of income - if the site is to be onsold, you can't show a spike of two days (with a blank day in between) as proof that it's saleworthy.  After everything is vaccuum packed from Insim, the traffic will diminish immeasurably.  So you'd have a say 1 week spike, and then flatline.

As for other sites - google ranking needs a bit of consistency, and as far as insimenator visibility, it's not particularly high - too neglected for too long.  

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: 2008 November 28, 20:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got all my crap out and deleted my section. Monica (Mohicantunes) may have me delete hers too, since I backed it all up. I'm not sure this Walt idiot knows where the Staff section is, but he really needs to locate it and start a dialogue with the staff and creators.

Some of the Staff and Creators are going to stay on the log ride, even after all the water has dried up, but I'm not going to push them down the slide.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2008 November 28, 20:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think he will freak out since I am not sure he even understands what is happening.  He doesn't seem to understand what he bought. I doubt he even understands the downloads area or that the creators own them and can remove them.  He may also have not realized the amount of daily attention he should be paying to the site especially during the transition.  I mean if the only people he talked to about it were K&E and we know how much daily activity they had maybe they told him all you have to do is go over there every once in while and make sure the money keeps coming and the staff will do everything else.  

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: 2008 November 28, 20:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I am trying to get past the server busy messages to start backing up the modding section.  There's some useful tut's there we don't want lost either.

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2008 November 28, 20:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it my imagination or have the main admins stopped posting too?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
jokerswild
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2008 November 28, 20:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a few thoughts. How many visits/traffic has this generated? How many other sites is Google picking up the mention of the Insim sites issues? Will it make the market value appear better for the next potential buyer?

It's not going to be generating a lot of income - if the site is to be onsold, you can't show a spike of two days (with a blank day in between) as proof that it's saleworthy.  After everything is vaccuum packed from Insim, the traffic will diminish immeasurably.  So you'd have a say 1 week spike, and then flatline.

As for other sites - google ranking needs a bit of consistency, and as far as insimenator visibility, it's not particularly high - too neglected for too long.  

You have valid points and the smart buyers would know that but the current event at hand shows not all would do the proper research before buying. I think it was Barnum who said "There's one born every minute."
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2008 November 28, 20:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's your imagination. The staff has been running the site for so long, this bastard was probably told to make his announcements and the staff would handle the transition. I got news: Like HELL we are, asshole!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Chaavik
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2008 November 28, 20:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much did you manage to grab Squinge's stuff? He has a lot going back to 2005 or thereabouts. I already got my own stuff backed up and ready to delete them (the MQ computers). Got a message to prepare to post in MQ's old thread at MTS2. I will still plan to update them one more time and test them with Mansion&Garden for compatibility.
DecoraChroi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2008 November 28, 20:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it my imagination or have the main admins stopped posting too?

Admins, supermods, mods.  Were all pissed and as much as I would like to help, it would be defeating the reason of how we feel. What's the word Im looking for...Strike anyone? Even though we dont get paid for any of that, Walt should have been direct with his intentions.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 20:30:57 by DecoraChroi » Logged
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2008 November 28, 20:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Caffeinated Joy sounded like she was intending to stick by him.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: 2008 November 28, 20:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have most of the stuff for olemantiker, but I didn't get any images.

Does someone have an add on that will strip those quickly?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: 2008 November 28, 20:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if someone wants, and hasn't done so already I'll grab Enayla's stuff - I'm pretty sure I already have it, but another copy doesn't hurt.  If not, is anyone making an archive of the -community- section?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: 2008 November 28, 20:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grabbed all the Enayla with images, and I got most of Gothplague and Bloom, though it wouldn't hurt to have someone else get those if it's not already done.

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: 2008 November 28, 20:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe zillah said she got all of Enayla.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: