PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:22:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894434 times)
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #360 on: 2008 November 28, 11:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Straw poll here:

What would people say to an alternate copy of Insim, only with a few slight differences, such as, say, different domain, being ruled by me, and having 100% less Walt?

I don't say much, but I must put in a vote of yea. It will be more comfortable than what is available now. What exactly would be the "slight differences" other than the domain?

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2008 November 28, 12:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Straw poll here:

What would people say to an alternate copy of Insim, only with a few slight differences, such as, say, different domain, being ruled by me, and having 100% less Walt?

Speaking as a casual visitor to that site, I like the idea. I'm guessing that the desperation donation drives would come to an end and people could actually visit the site without feeling guilty.

I'm also curious as to what would become of the actual InSiminator hack. Now that the expansions have (I believe) run out, does it get left behind in Walt's world or would it make the transition as well?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2008 November 28, 12:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally I respect even paysite owners' copyrights.  But Eric diddled people who could hardly afford it out of THOUSANDS of dollars using emotional blackmail and lies.  I say put the InSimenator anywhere we like.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2008 November 28, 12:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also curious as to what would become of the actual InSiminator hack. Now that the expansions have (I believe) run out, does it get left behind in Walt's world or would it make the transition as well?

If Eric has washed his hands of the actual InSIM and not the site, then it would make sense to take over the project and see if anyone else would be able to work on it.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2008 November 28, 12:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Straw poll here:

100% less Walt, and you in charge Pescado, you have my vote.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2008 November 28, 12:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i still  cant get into insim has it been pulled? or is walt doing those supposed changes?
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: 2008 November 28, 12:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nah, Pescado did what Pescado does best.  And I don't have that much of a Pescado ruled Insim - a better alternative to Waltster and day.  Insim was a good site.  Its sad to see it go this way, all because some outsider chooses to take it over and run it as if it was a business, totally disrespecting the people who work for it and access it.  Hardly a good way to run any sort of a business really.  He is definitely a major dickhead.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2008 November 28, 12:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i still  cant get into insim has it been pulled? or is walt doing those supposed changes?
Insim meltz0r3d because I tried to snarf all the stuff at once. We are waiting for Walt to reboot it so I can try to snarf it again. Eventually I will either have it, or the site will be reduced to molten slag by my attempts to do so. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2008 November 28, 12:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ohhh i see well good on ya Grin
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: 2008 November 28, 13:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insim meltz0r3d because I tried to snarf all the stuff at once. We are waiting for Walt to reboot it so I can try to snarf it again. Eventually I will either have it, or the site will be reduced to molten slag by my attempts to do so. Tongue

So you were just trying to download everything at once to back it up or were you deliberately trying to shut the place down?  Because I might be ostracized for saying this, but the latter is kind of low. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Algaliarept
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2008 November 28, 13:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And so begins my excellent first post...

Straw poll here:

You've got my (insignificant, I'm sure) vote.

My current estimate of what Kathy and Eric sold it for is somewhere between $5k and $10k

And I'm afraid that makes Walt pretty much a dumbass, QED. I'm still reeling from reading 25 pages of this thread , but I can definitely join in with hoping Mr W returns to find his "investment" gone belly-up like he was the MD of Lehman Bros.  Tongue

I never went to InSim other than to lurk and snatch downloads (yeah, that annoying "You've never posted to InSim before, please post!" was always at the top of my pages), but having been involved in a site of similar magnitude to MTS2 in the past (not Sims related) which had the previous owners sell to another bunch of people only interested in making money off it while I was one of the staff, I can at least guess how you all are feeling. As far as I'm aware (I have not been there for a couple of years), the change in hands of owners meant that all the people really interested in the subject left and the staff members were left with only the dreaded 12s.

We do not inherit the earth from our parents, but borrow it from our children.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2008 November 28, 13:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, not only was pescado trying to get as much as possible, creators from insim were also trying to grab their stuff, which was a bit much for the site.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: 2008 November 28, 13:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you were just trying to download everything at once to back it up or were you deliberately trying to shut the place down?  Because I might be ostracized for saying this, but the latter is kind of low. 

Back it up - although he never said explicitly so here - but did at GoS:

So this is like an epic battle now, eh?? :biggrin:
Well, not really. I was trying to back up everything, not specifically meltz0r the servers.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=7852.msg235718#msg235718

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2008 November 28, 13:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As well as all us just-plain members hopping on and off and hammering the refresh key to read the latest Cheesy

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: 2008 November 28, 13:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back it up - although he never said explicitly so here - but did at GoS:

So this is like an epic battle now, eh?? :biggrin:
Well, not really. I was trying to back up everything, not specifically meltz0r the servers.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=7852.msg235718#msg235718

Ah ha! I didn't go there.  OK, carry on then.  Honestly, that makes me feel much better.  Sorry to have doubted you Pes.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: