PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 15:02:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 906065 times)
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #285 on: 2008 November 28, 05:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolut works wonders too.  Grin

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2008 November 28, 05:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its  gone down for sure maybe to much downloading of the artists own creations?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2008 November 28, 05:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if the little bastard has done that, it proves he's nothing but a worthless piece of shit. I won't be surprised to find myself fired at the end of all of this.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2008 November 28, 05:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all,i keep getting in firefox is problem loading page
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2008 November 28, 05:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to say welcome to all of our new Insim friends.  This totally sucks for you guys and you should feel free to come on over and speak your mind.  Vent it out.  We dont mind.  Get rowdy, Yell, scream, cry but most of all Plan!  This is a great place to sit and think and plan.  It has helped many people in this community to get organized and many new forums and communities have popped up or been reclaimed due to the open and unmoderated planning that can be done here.  If anyone needs any help with any of this just ask.  We are all always willing to help.  You all deserve a break after all the crap you have been dealing with over there what with having to keep the site going without any real support from the owners all this time and now this.  

Anyway,  Welcome and enjoy.  Let us know what we can do.

-jen

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
arrrohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2008 November 28, 05:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rohina burnt them chaavik, plus they leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Cheesy

Vile calumny! I was totally and utterly nice and helpful to Walt, both on InSim and sim wank.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2008 November 28, 05:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if the little bastard has done that, it proves he's nothing but a worthless piece of shit. I won't be surprised to find myself fired at the end of all of this.

You can't be fired, you're not getting paid for anything.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Canoodle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2008 November 28, 05:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is something I have never really understood.  What do unpaid moderators and admins do it for, unless it is because they like the site owner a lot and want to help them keep the site running?  Why do so many people work as moderators for sites where they say they don't like the owner, or don't approve of all the rules, yet they still work, unrewarded, at enforcing them?   I know the answer you often hear is that the person likes helping users, but they could help the other users without being moderators.   The only thing that moderators can do that non-staff helpful people cannot, is delete posts and reprimand users.

This is not aimed at any individual BTW!

Sorry to dredge this up, seeing as it's 10 pages back, but this struck a nerve with me. I've been a long time lurker and never registered until tonight. I am staff at MTS2, and I must say that Delphy has been nothing but kind, considerate and pro-active since I've been on board. No major changes have ever been made without full staff input.  We aren't paid at MTS2,  but rather do our job for the love of the game and for the site.

My first reaction , when learning the news and how Walt and the prior owners handled it, was absolute bewilderment. I cannot imagine putting my heart and soul into a website, for no pay and very little thanks from the membership, and then having the rug pulled out from under me. I can go to bed at night and sleep tightly knowing that Delphy would never, in a million years, pull a stunt like this nor even consider turning our beloved site into a bloody PaySite.

The whole situation is just pathetic. Prior subscribers who feel ripped off, general users who enjoy the site, and lurkers like me who love to pop on over and see what's going on...we all feel a loss. Not just a loss of faith, but a loss of community. Maybe something good will eventually come out of this. That is what I am praying for.
Chaavik
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 November 28, 05:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehehe I'll take those evil cookies and leave a morsel on the plate.

Thank you for welcoming us. Who knows what will be there tomorrow when we wake up or come home from work to check?

Canoodle couldn't have said better for how we felt as well as Corinne, Paden and the others here. Yeah, the rug was pulled. To think we would have some sort of input as to the future of the site since the majority of work were done by unpaid mods at the Admin level down to the Mod level to keep the site going for the community, the ones who put in time and energy without asking for anything in return really for the love of the game and community.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2008 November 28, 05:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vile calumny! I was totally and utterly nice and helpful to Walt, both on InSim and sim wank.

Now you have piqued my curiosity, please elaborate further.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 November 28, 05:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe walt returned from his t'day dinner to find a huge defection and loss of filez and locked down the site?
Actually, it's probably my fault. I kinda aimed download scripts running 7 high-bandwidth machines distributed around the globe at it in an attempt to suck it dry. As a result, it seems to have meltz0red, even though I stopped. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2008 November 28, 05:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You naughty boy! I am so proud of you... Cheesy

BoogerNabbingCrust
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 November 28, 05:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well dear the first batch of cookies were under cooked, and the second batch tasted salty. I'd rather have rum balls instead.
arrrohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2008 November 28, 05:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now you have piqued my curiosity, please elaborate further.

Sim wank here. You even get a mention.

My letter to Walt seems lost for the moment, since Pescado meltzored InSim; rest assured it was a post worthy of my usual brilliance and erudition.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008 November 28, 06:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, thanks for the treatment. Thing is, when I signed on to do the job, I gave KATHY a promise to be on my best behaviour in order to be able to counter some of the pay site supporters always directing people towards T$R to get things. I was able to direct them to the Booty, with official sanction. Now that she is gone, so is the promise to be on my best. Everyone slips with the language at times. I am no exception. I can think of no one that is an exception. I did, however, enjoy what you had to say to the man.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: