PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:09:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893916 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #240 on: 2008 November 27, 22:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps some of the newly-disenchanted insim staff can now explain to me why Beosboxboy changed his userID to be the same as his female modding partner?  (So they became Marvine and Marvine)  I was pretty much told to mind my own business when I expressed surprised before.

He left and went to create for TSR only, and there he also stopped because of health issues. When he left, he didn't contact Kathy, Eric, and just told another admin to change his username and that was that. Even discussing it sent Lethe, an admin at that time, over the edge. He scolded anyone who asked why he left without saying anything to anyone, told them they had no respect, and basically the whole conversation was stiffled by his ranting. It was weird.

Inactive
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2008 November 27, 23:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really bizarre how these people, whom I was "friends" with most of, all of a sudden magically left.

I just wonder if the only reason they got Squinge back is so they could sell the site for a higher profit.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 November 27, 23:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone, including Yakov himself, know why in the fuck he does a damn thing?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: 2008 November 27, 23:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, Paden; I think we already know the answer to that without thinking twice about it - HELL NO!
djslippyman
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 November 27, 23:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm what a weird development.  I can't blame Kathy and Eric for wanting to sell the forum as it had likely run its course and yet was worth something to sell to someone who thought he could make it reasonably profitable.  While its strange not to aid in the transition but sell and run they may have wanted to avoid the drama (as has obviously occurred). Still its a weird time to buy a site for a game that's basically dying.  Sounds like they may have gotten the better side of the deal.

Whether Insim become TSR with better creators or even runs a paid subscription will be interesting to see (doubtful). Of course with all the server issues on MTS and difficulties paying for Insim I can't blame any party for wanting to improve the site performance / make it financially sustainable at the same time.  I know that might mean its a paysite in many people's eyes here but on the other hand even charities have paid employees.  If people think their donations to Red Cross don't go to employee wages, building improvements, events as much as the charities themselves they'd be kiddign themselves. If this guy's not a Sims fan then he clearly want to be getting enough from his investment to live off it (as I'm sure Kathy and Eric wanted the same at one point) so he'll be the one paid employee.  Whether mods will continue to work for free (why they do in the first place is always what surprises me) or even stick around should be interesting.

Just hope people don't take a slash & burn technique to leaving as it would be even a ruder move to piss on the community right before leaving.  I can certainly understand if people took their sections and left or gave up their moderating with new mgmt.  Still life will go on as it always does.
SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2008 November 27, 23:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anouk, my reasons for leaving InSim is because of Walt's mentality.  He's treating this like a business, and my number one concern is that he thinks because he bought InSim, he bought everything on it.  And I don't want anyone thinking that they own my stuff besides me and the people that download it to use in their games.  As far as the situation between us goes, I'm sorry that things went down the way they did.  I'm sure I could have found a better way to handle things, but I don't have a time machine so I can't change it.  At the time, I did consider InSim my home, and that included Kathy and Eric.  But this has put the final nail in the coffin for me.  And you are 100% right, I don't care about InSim anymore.  I do care about a lot of the people there however, and I hope they can find a new home, because I don't see InSim bouncing back from this if I'm being completely honest.  As far as BeosBoxBoy goes (and judging by what I've seen here, what I'm about to say probably doesn't bode well for me here) I still consider him a friend.  He has helped me out a lot along the way, and I'll always be grateful for that.  And in that sense, with what happened between you and I, Anouk, was a result of me standing up for my friend.  Whether that was misguided or not.

saraswati, the reason that I don't allow guests into my site is because I'm anal-retentive and some members would forget to log in, so I was getting "Guest" posts all over the site, with no way of knowing who said what.  I'm sure there's a way I could fix this better, but I needed a quick fix for it.  But I will look into a better solution.

~ Syn
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 November 27, 23:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm what a weird development.  I can't blame Kathy and Eric for wanting to sell the forum

I can. I do. And I hope people slash and burn, rather than sitting around being screwed by some jackass and "hoping" everything will somehow turn out right.

Couldn't someone from the site set up a refuge site for the people who left, and bring the things they liked about Insim to it?

Still life will go on as it always does.

No shit Sherlock, as we said in 5th grade. I don't think anyone here thinks we're talking about nuclear war. That doesn't mean it's not a big deal.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2008 November 27, 23:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know Paden I gotta tell ya (all my goofball fucktard schtick aside) I'm sorry this happened to you. I know you invested time and effort in InSim, I know you went to bat here for K&E several times when we were hating on them, and I know you always make an effort to do the right thing and your intentions are always good. So I know this has really must suck for you. I'll probably go back to being an ass next post but I just wanted to tell you straight up I really am sorry, you're a nice lady and you deserved better.  J

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2008 November 28, 00:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't someone from the site set up a refuge site for the people who left, and bring the things they liked about Insim to it?

Mutiny like that takes a bit of time to plan... Keep your eyes open. Some of us plan quickly.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2008 November 28, 00:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily.  All it takes is one or two people to take the initiative and the rest of the people who want to be a part of it will come.  That's pretty much what happened with SFV/simscave.  Ofcourse SFV was "temporarily" down for like the billionth time, but after I talked to Ferris who kinda had a temp site up, her and a couple of others had a new forum up within a few days, and the majority of people just moved on over.  I don't think a ton of planning went into it, just alot of work and help.

Sometimes you just need to move on, and shake of the bad vibes. 

Edit: Nevermind I totally missed the small print. I need to go put the glasses back on.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: 2008 November 28, 00:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed - it only needs a forum to start it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2008 November 28, 00:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THE END IS NEAR.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: 2008 November 28, 00:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh man, I so needed that. I've been biting my nails all day and this made me laugh so hard. Thanks, that did me a world of good.

djslippyman
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 November 28, 00:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm what a weird development.  I can't blame Kathy and Eric for wanting to sell the forum

I can. I do. And I hope people slash and burn, rather than sitting around being screwed by some jackass and "hoping" everything will somehow turn out right.

Still life will go on as it always does.

No shit Sherlock, as we said in 5th grade. I don't think anyone here thinks we're talking about nuclear war. That doesn't mean it's not a big deal.

lol. Kathy and Eric saw the ending credits on the site and sold it to an interested party who was willing to pay for what he likely thought was a still thriving site.  No doubt that Insim contributions and ads went to the roofs above their heads as well. Sounds like they got the better part of the deal and a nice severance check.

I'm sure Insim refugees can put together a good competition for it and put together a thriving forum.  Can they do so completely free and how long will people want to spend on Sims 2 mods, content, and discussion after Sims 3 comes out?

PS I don't consider slash & burning taking the content you made and uploaded to the site and leaving with it or even yelling at the new mgmt and quitting.  I do if people want to lock others accounts or access out, delete other's content, or do similar destructive acts. That's quite a bit more unethical and unwarranted.  Might as well hack or do DOS attacks on paysites if you live by those standards.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2008 November 28, 01:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That picture is truly terrifying. I thought it was the witch from Hansel and Gretel when I saw it. *shudders, squeaks, and hides behind CapnJ, even though she isn't here at the moment*

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: