PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:05:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893563 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #180 on: 2008 November 27, 19:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't strike me as the sort of thing Kathy and Eric would do - they are absolutely crap at organisation and this one would take a lot of planning.  Every time they come back they just make more rules, and take an opportunity to have a go at everyone for everything over the last 3 months, ask for money and leave again.  I don't see why they would make a far more elaborate plan this time.

Yeah, I think that's it. I think they started the site because they loved the game and the interaction with people. They had RL problems like everyone does, started dipping into the pot, became dependent on it. They lost their ethics along the way. The really big line they crossed was manipulating people's emotions, getting money out of their members that they believed was going to the site when in fact it was supporting Eric and Kathy directly.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 19:20:53 by redisenchanted » Logged
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 November 27, 19:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A whole "new era" has started over at InSim. I think it's to be called the Age of the Clueless Doofus. Its motto: Privacy is private.

Seriously though, the first thing Walt should do, after he's finished alienating everyone, is take down the notice that's always reminding me of how unsociable I am whenever I visit. I hate that thing.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 November 27, 19:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here!  And isn't it just encouraging people to post rubbish when they didn't have anything to say?

Is that why they have these weird games of guess what the person on top of you is up to?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 November 27, 19:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that "why don't you post" notice? It always gives me the shits.. I've donated to Insim once or twice when they've been in a hole with the money, but I barely download from there (just Bloom and Warlok's stuff) and I don't have the energy to string a sentence together with people I don't know most of the time.. I'd prefer to download and leave.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2008 November 27, 19:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think that's it. I think they started the site because they loved the game and the interaction with people. They had RL problems like everyone does, started dipping into the pot, became dependent on it. They lost their ethics along the way. The really big line they crossed was manipulating people's emotions, getting money out of their members that they believed was going to the site when in fact it was supporting Eric and Kathy directly.

And I think that shows the major difference between the way they did donations and the way a lot of other sites do donations.  Other sites have set goals, warnings ahead of time, etc.  More information, less on the begging.  So if there's $50 profit (pulling a figure out of my ass here) left at the end of the month on a site that just has a donate button, or a small "perks" subscription on a forum, you probably wouldn't care if the site owner went out and had a nice dinner with it.

On the other hand, if the owner comes up with a doom-and-gloom story every couple of months with a rather large figure to be pulled off in a smallish time-frame (We need $600 by the middle of next week or the site explodes!!!!!11), that's honestly more than taking advantage of good will, it's closer to blackmail.  You're only able to raise the money because of people's emotional investment to the site, and you're threatening to take it away to get the money.  Plus, the sums of money are turning out to be larger than the monthly bill for the site according to the information we have now, and it appears to be sheer greed, one way or another.

People are not going to be willing to give in the same amounts to a new owner looking to turn a profit that they were to a long-known community member who was supposedly only trying to keep the site up, especially now that they know the latter of the pair was lying the whole damn time.
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 November 27, 19:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't post a screencap at the moment, but one of InSIM creators Mellisenda has already removed all her creations and will be uploading them elsewhere. Has anyone else seen others taking down their downloads?

SynapticSim is gone. Everything will be moving to his site eventually.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 November 27, 19:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does SynapticSim have a site? I can't find one for him when I search..

Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 November 27, 19:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. http://s11.zetaboards.com/SynapticSims_Lair/index/  Smiley
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2008 November 27, 19:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A whole "new era" has started over at InSim. I think it's to be called the Age of the Clueless Doofus. Its motto: Privacy is private.

He certainly is.  All this flouncing while he's eating turkey - great timing guy.  Huh

Same here!  And isn't it just encouraging people to post rubbish when they didn't have anything to say?

I get rid of that by posting thanks for stuff I download - I don't download there often, but often enough. It shows up for me at Insim Adult though.

You're only able to raise the money because of people's emotional investment to the site, and you're threatening to take it away to get the money. 

Once (for Freetime I think) they even held the Insimenator over people's heads.  

Does SynapticSim have a site? I can't find one for him when I search..

Googled for you: http://s11.zetaboards.com/SynapticSims_Lair/index/

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2008 November 27, 19:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I helped Syn. I deleted (most of) his section this morning.
I'll be deleting mine once I'm sure people know where I've uploaded everything.
I know of 3-4 other Creators/Staffers that are going to be leaving too.
I'm going to be buying a domain by the end of this week, but hosting is gonna be a bit more interesting.

Also, I think it's funny he's so quick to assume we know nothing about Kathy and Eric. Like a lot of people here have said, it's a community. We knew the owners rather well, but not well enough, obviously.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 November 27, 19:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley oh that's cute.. I like the layout.. I won't join though, communities where I need to sign up to download make me nuts.

Corinne, with your domain, make sure you get whoisguard protection.. Namecheap's really good for that, they charge you ten bucks for the domain, then you get the whois protection for free. It's worth it not to see your personal details plastered everywhere. With the hosting, it depends on what you need as to what you want to buy...

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 November 27, 20:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this to say to the son of a bitch and am doing a copy/paste so non-InSIM members can read it:

You bought a website and domain, NOT the community of people that call(ed) this site HOME. You bought the licenses and all of that stuff, but you didn't buy the staff. You didn't buy the users. You did NOT buy my respect. That could have been gotten had you introduced yourself to the staff and formed a rapport with us, gaining knowledge of how the minds and relationships around here work. But no, you sat back and did NOTHING but run the numbers, seeing what you could make where.

I knew that there were real life problems for the two of them, but it wasn't my place to blab it out to the public. I still won't. BUT! They did a shitty on those of us that trusted them to not sell the site! Kathy swore up and down that she would NEVER, EVER sell this site! Take a partner, maybe. Sell? NEVER. You can chew me out for insubordination, lack of respect, whatever the hell you feel like doing.

Know what? It's not gonna matter a flying DAMN at a rolling donut. YOU don't know the working relationship/friendship that many of us had with Kathy, and you obviously don't CARE a rat's ass about how we feel about being left holding the bedpan!!

This place is entertainment, yeah. I heard the stories of the Great Depression from my parents and grandparents. It's great that your mum supports the site, I hope SHE at least plays! Thing is, people were still given a chance at dignity in those times, not talked down to when they would visit a music hall nor told to "get over it" when they couldn't afford whatever was being raffled off. Then again, the price of admission was also the price of the raffle ticket. I know history, I'm living through it every damn day I'm on this planet.

If you don't want to take into account how many special people make up this community, nor make any effort to understand us or support our growth, then get the hell out of it and sell it to Delphy. We ain't here to make money for anyone. My name isn't Bessie and you can't milk me out in the dairy shed. I moo for no man! Wise up, Walt, you're ruffling feathers that should be left alone.

If you drive away members and staff with your attitude, you're gonna find yourself with some empty webspace. If you're foolish enough to keep going the course you have been, then you deserve it. Give us a chance that you denied us at first, we can be one hell of a great group of people. Thing is, when a new owner of a business comes onto the scene, he gets to know the people he's going to be working with if they decide to stay. You've not even done any of the staff here that basic courtesy. If that's the kind of business man you are, then I won't be here long.

I'm trying to give you a chance, I really am. But you keep shooting yourself in the ass with the "new sheriff in town" attitude. That one got a lot of Golden Age cowboys shot in the damn back... Give us a chance, get to know us and what makes us who we are in this community and maybe, you'll earn some good will back that you've lost. If you can't do that, prepare for empty spots where there used to be people posting.

Also, I found this upon the staff boards and the person that wrote it gave me permission to quote it so long as I didn't use her name because she likes to remain unknown here, being as she is a lurker. Cheesy Thanks, babe!

I think Walt needs to see there are two discussions/issues going on. One addressing the sudden selling of the site without so much as a 'thank you for all the help' from Kathy and Eric. Their lives are filled with RL problems that must be addressed, but I think many would have liked to say good bye and even find alternatives to the site being sold in such a NON sim related way. They are not upset at Walt for this, but rather just venting their feelings. Walt, saying 'get over it' to a membership that was hugely supportive of the previous owners and treat this site as a second home is was pretty cold. Perhaps you should allow them to vent and not comment on it. The comments are for support of others feeling the same way.

The second issue is someone who suddenly posts that they bought the site and now want to discuss how the members can make money for them. Honestly that was really something you should have held back. You have a huge membership of kids. Some are younger than ten. They just want to play their game and download clothes. You also have a large amount of people who are disabled/out of a job and this is really their only way to escape from the life and socialize with others without barriers. THESE are your members. Please keep this in mind.

Hopefully we can discuss this more behind the scenes in the Moderator section.

We're calling for the motherfucker to have some talks with us, but he seems to wish to remain upon his money bags, reclining while munching on a turkey leg with some grapes nearby to finish his repast with. Hope the fuck chokes on some gristle for a few moments...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 November 27, 20:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, makes me think of......"The king was in his counting house counting all his money...."
I hope his turkey is undercooked.  Kiss

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2008 November 27, 20:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe you guys are giving this money hungry d-bag a chance.  He's not going to talk to you until he realizes he is failing miserably and that is his only option left.  If he does say anything it will be the same regurgitated shtick that he has been feeding into the rest of his posts.  He doesn't want your complaints, companionship or opinions (unless they help him make more money) he wants you to work for him much like a boss wants his employers to work.  He wants you to help deal with what he deems problems, take orders, be supportive of him and most importantly make him money.

He's an ass.  He dropped this bomb of an announcement yesterday knowing full well what day it was and then is using Thanksgiving as a reason to excuse himself from the ensuing uprising.  If he really gave a shit would be actively working with staff to help resolve...yet for some reason took the time to set up a poll to try to forecast how much money he could milk out of a subscription system.  That's exactly where his interests lies, in money.  

I am so glad to hear people are leaving.  I hope both the turkey and the forum are left cold for him. 

« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 20:31:43 by Sherry » Logged

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 November 27, 20:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone who wants their section deleting at insim let me know before I get sacked

........... and most likely I will as I won't be able to keep my mouth almost shut much longer!

I've long been disgusted at the behaviour over there but couldn't bear to leave as it's my home, but this is just one slap in the face too many for this lassie  Angry
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: