PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:22:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894309 times)
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #135 on: 2008 November 27, 14:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this feeling he might jump ship sooner rather than later, as I don't think he took into account how pissed off everyone (bar the the extreme sheeples) would be about how this was handled.

Wait - his mum supports the site? Norman Bates anyone Cheesy

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 November 27, 14:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again my immediate reaction when I saw this, "what is he up to"? It doesn't add up to me at all. At least for Kathy and Eric (pulling a profit and deceiving the community or not) they had some sort of personal investment in the whole business. Keeping  2 sites running requires time and effort from someone, so who's that going to be and why would they be willing to do it? This guy has no interest in TS2, he has no connection with anyone in the community and I seriously doubt he will ever develop an interest in it, so there has to be a purely financial motivation.

He must have (truthfully or not) seen what appeared to be a good investment opportunity and grabbed it. Was he mislead? Possibly. His he intent on making a profit of other peoples free given time and effort? Definately. Would he unload it in a minute if that's not the case? Absolutely.

I would suggest that anyone who works over there make it a condition of their staying onboard, that he provides them with a written agreement that the site will never go pay and that it will always remain completely free and accessible to everyone without financial restrictions. Either that or run the site and do all the moderating yourself. It not legally binding in any way, but it will be available to be posted at any time in the future should the need arise.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 November 27, 14:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Walt sim will soon be available for any one who is interested.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 November 27, 14:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THE FUTURE OF THIS SITE IS BRIGHT
I suspect that he may have inadvertantly meant "bright" in the way a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space is bright.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 November 27, 15:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Originally Posted by carlymichelle
walt can you understand why so many of us are concerned and upset though we had NO warning whatsoever and IMO that isnt right what we need now is honesty

(Walt's reply)
Sure, I understand. What I don't understand is why some people think I can fix the way they left. I can't. No one can. Get over it.

Wow... Anyone else struck by the 12-ness of that response?  Nice, coming from a supposedly serious adult businessman.  Idiot.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2008 November 27, 15:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This guy has no interest in TS2, he has no connection with anyone in the community and I seriously doubt he will ever develop an interest in it, so there has to be a purely financial motivation.

Which is quiet frankly why I would want to leave the site, be it mod or creator.  It's not as if Kathy and Eric decided to have new donation drive/system or put up ads and then they just happen by some profit.  I would be okay with that so long as it was only donations not pay or subscriptions.

It's his intentions, he intends to profit off the site, off the creations, the mods, the fun and friendship of the forum.  Whether he makes it pay or not, he intends to make money off your labors.  That's such a kick in the balls to everyone there.  

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2008 November 27, 15:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's his intentions, he intends to profit off the site, off the creations, the mods, the fun and friendship of the forum.  Whether he makes it pay or not, he intends to make money off your labors.  That's such a kick in the balls to everyone there. 

The kick in the balls imo is the profit Kathy and Eric seemed to be making with their "DONATE NOW OR WE'LL BE FORCED TO SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!!!" apparent bullshit. And if it was just bullshit to make the site appear more profitable to whoever bought it that's still disgusting behavior.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2008 November 27, 15:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt pretty much said that the financial information (probably referring to the info on the auction site) was incorrect. Also, that he refuses to discuss things as complicated as "fay-nanse" with the peasants. (My interpretation)

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2008 November 27, 15:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt pretty much said that the financial information (probably referring to the info on the auction site) was incorrect. Also, that he refuses to discuss things as complicated as "fay-nanse" with the peasants. (My interpretation)

Well, that does make him a dumbass then but it doesn't make Kathy and Eric's behavior any less disgusting. Still, in my opinion.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 November 27, 15:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt For Dummies. 
Administrator

Clarification About Free Site Access
I want to clarify some key points.

Watch me backpedal like a mofo!
First, I apparently made a mistake in the way that I communicated my intentions for the web site in yesterday's announcements. Let me clarify. This site will continue to offer all content free. No one will be forced to become a contributor in order to share in the community, mods, downloads, etc. on this site. I apologize for the confusion that was created.
You heartless bastards! Expecting custom sim stuff to be free, just because that's the LAW.  Damn it, why can't I be TSR? 
Second, I want to thank those who have already donated on the first day of this donation drive. It is already helping. To those who have not yet donated, please consider donating if you can.
Gave me monies? Give me more.  Haven't gave me monies? Give now, thnxs!
Third, the idea of the voluntary subscription plan is NOT to make some of the contents of the site unavailable to free users. Rather, it is intended to be a replacement for the donation drives.
Whew! Thank god I thought up this excuse. I just have to hope that everyone is idiotic enough to believe that anyone would expect people to "subscribe" to a site for absolutely no benefits at all!
I want to thank those who have given me your warm welcomes.
Dance for me, my puppets, DANCE!
To those who have expressed concerns or doubts about the viability of this web site in bad economic times, I respectfully disagree. I am a student of history among other things. While we undoubtedly have some rough times ahead economically, we will get through them.
I took a history class in High school. Thus, I am an expert you twits.
I have studied the Great Depression of the 1930s.(Not a direct quote, but sumerized to save space) Blah blah blah, my mother can't use a computer. And, I'm old, BTW.  And even when times are bad, people like to be entertained!
I hope you're buying all my history cred.  Even though what I said is something anyone who watched 10 minutes of A&E knows already.
That's why she's supporting this web site.
Mom ROXS.  Love ya Mom, now, where did you hide your purse?
When times are tough, people need to be able to escape for short periods of time. That's what the entertainment industry offered...much needed escapes. Movie theaters were popular. It was the Big Band era, and in places like Harlem ballrooms such as the Savoy, the Roseland Ballroom, and the Apollo Theatre survived and thrived. Night clubs were popular in the cities. In the towns and rural areas, dances and church events and county fairs and community groups were organized to provide entertainment alternatives. Throughout America, people engaged in low-cost and no-cost entertainment of all kinds, and the pattern repeated itself around the world.
Moar Histories!  I'm sure glad I watched The Waltons when I was a kid. 
The Internet is the modern entertainment realm, and gaming is one very important aspect of that realm. The Sims is one of the most popular computer games in the world. That's why I think this web site, this community, is so worthy of the relatively small amount of investment involved
Please don't bring up that people already have to buy the games, so why would they want to spend more money on stuff to put into the game.  Please don't... I have no answer. 
A number of unkind things have been said about Kathy and Eric.
Kathy and Eric are my best friends, because I paid for them.  Giving money = friendship.  Just ask my mom!
Those of you who have expressed support and confidence will find that your faith will be rewarded.
PRAISE JESUS!
This site is not going to change its basic good character. It will continue to offer all free content, and I have every confidence that it will continue to be supported as it has always been supported...by the people who love it the most.
Cash = Love.  No cash = you hate this site.  Money can buy happiness! Give me money and I'll be happy.!
« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 16:02:34 by BlackDwarf » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2008 November 27, 16:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy That's too funny BlackDwarf!  I can't believe I missed the part about his mom!  OMG is he really 12?  Loser. 

"But my mom says I’m cool"

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 November 27, 16:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy That's too funny BlackDwarf!  I can't believe I missed the part about his mom!  OMG is he really 12?  Loser. 

"But my mom says I’m cool"

I love my parents too, but I don't use them to validate arguments.  I used to, but then I turned six and that became sooo baby-ish.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 November 27, 16:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The kick in the balls imo is the profit Kathy and Eric seemed to be making with their "DONATE NOW OR WE'LL BE FORCED TO SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!!!" apparent bullshit. And if it was just bullshit to make the site appear more profitable to whoever bought it that's still disgusting behavior.
Kathy and Eric have always been infamous for their LOUSY FINANCIAL PLANNING, which is why they tend to resort to last minute histrionics when it comes to donation drives. Over here, we plan these things months in advance, so as not to create a sense of panic or pressure.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 November 27, 16:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why was it necessary to go outside the Sims2 community to find a buyer for Insim and it's sister site? Why wasn't Delphy contacted and offered the site? These are questions I would surely love to have answered.
Delpy doesn't play Sims2 either, but he at least has his finger right smack dab on the heart of the Sims2 communities.
This Walt is flying blind. He waltzes into Insim, makes his first colossal blunder with his announcement, and then doesn't get why no one thinks he's God's gift to Insim. Then he makes the crack, "Get over it."
Only Pescado can make those kinds of statements. We expect that from Pescado and would be sorely disappointed if he didn't.
But Walt is not Pescado, not even close. We have Pescado and Delphy to go to for clarification. Walt obviously does not know this. For a business man he neglected to realize, or take into account that Insim is a forum with *gasp* people on it. His people skills are of epic failure proportions.
I will never again donate to Insim. I'm not gonna finance this asshat's vacation property or aid in lining his bank account. I don't care if that's what some of my money goes to do at MTS2 cause Delpy doesn't rub my nose in it. (anyway I don't think it does)
Walt is apparently oblivious to the fact that the staff at Insim is voluntary, they don't get paid for their time and effort. The entire staff should be outraged at his shenanigans.
Walt doesn't play the game, he has no clue as to what draws people to play it. He has no knowledge of the Sims2 communities, so how in hell does he think he's God's gift to Insim or the Sims2 communities in general.

And all I wanted was to see TSR go BOOM.With Walt at the wheel, it's possible Insim will go BOOM before TSR, what a shame that will be.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 November 27, 16:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*adjusts telescope* So Salty-Walty emerges on the horizon. No need for the harpoon and cannonballs. This guy's going to sink himself.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 16:52:38 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: