PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 13:08:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 906042 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #75 on: 2008 November 27, 03:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said in the GOS thread, I think that Kathy and Eric may have hoodwinked Walt. Honestly, a site that is forever begging for money is an investment?
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 November 27, 03:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, I am so sorry for you. I know you talked about InSim alot. But this just boils my blood. If InSimAdult because sub based, I will completely remove InSim and InSimadult from my favorites. It is outrageous. In the long run though, I do hope that Delphy will take over the servers, because why should a man that has no knowing of the game run that site? I think this all was a very bad move on Kathy's, Eric's, and Walt's part.

Besides, if he turns InSim/InSimadult into a sub based system, that will ruin all that InSim stood for!

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 November 27, 03:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.....corporate commercial trash..

He did mention about wanting to transition the site with TS3 so that would sort of be in keeping with the theme.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 November 27, 03:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said, you know what he can be suckin.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2008 November 27, 03:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, treating your staff like shit is important to maintaining order. Otherwise they start getting weird ideas and raised expectations. Consistent abusiveness is the key to any successful relationship. Once they have gotten used to a consistent level and form of abuse, they'll come to expect and even like it that way.

Treating your staff like something might be a good idea - no matter what - it should be consistent.  Kathy and Eric don't seem to be consistent at this - but I'm sure that all of your staff rely on your consistent obstreperous jerkery.

Like I said in the GOS thread, I think that Kathy and Eric may have hoodwinked Walt. Honestly, a site that is forever begging for money is an investment?

I agree - it certainly does look like that.  They must have known what he was going to do, and they let him do it cold anyway, while rubbing their hands with glee.  And what better as a final fuck you to the community than Insim the new paysite?

I'm totally going to do this when I quit. Cheesy I'll turn off guestbook moderation before I go, just to really stick it to the sucker I sell to.  

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 November 27, 03:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.....corporate commercial trash..

He did mention about wanting to transition the site with TS3 so that would sort of be in keeping with the theme.
HAHAHAHA! Kenmtl, I agree TS3 is gonna equal trash.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 November 27, 03:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking that too. This Walt guy obviously had no idea at all what he was getting into. Right now, I do feel sorry for him, because he obviously thought he was buying a real, legitimate investment opportunity. Kathy and Eric really haven't done right by anyone in this.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 November 27, 03:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I can't see you selling out to anyone without you being dead or at least haunting the bastard if he did make your site into a paysite.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2008 November 27, 03:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I can't see you selling out to anyone without you being dead or at least haunting the bastard if he did make your site into a paysite.

But there's monies and butthurt community members to be had. Cry  Plus, if I could beat the 2-for-u guestbook fiasco, with the most hate spam ever, this would be a great boon. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 November 27, 03:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya but here's my thing, guys like this are by profession looking for profit and besides that, he writes like someone with a reasonable amount of intelligence, so I'm assuming he's educated. He would of course want to see financial reports, membership info, traffic data, server costs, etc. So if he was hoodwinked by Kathy and Eric either they a: fabricated data or b: were in fact making a profit and led him to believe there was more to be found (paysite). Who knows.

This guy is not a gamer so why buy a fansite? I don't see a benefit. Anywhere. He has every intention of making a profit from this, that shouldn't even be question, I don't think he just always dreamed of being a member of the Sims community. Websites are business, fansites are not. He's a business guy not a fan guy.

So either a: he had enough truthful information given to him to see an actual profit and even more potential profit or b: Kathy and Eric are big fat liars and this poor dolt is a complete idiot.

and for future reference calalily might potentially need to be destroyed

edit: now my first b: makes sense
« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 04:48:03 by kenmtl » Logged

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 November 27, 03:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if they were making a profit, then they were lying anyway, since they were saying the site was in danger of being closed down from lack of fundage.

I like Kathy....it makes me said no matter how its sliced.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 November 27, 04:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean. But, Eric is committed to updating the InSIM for a year...

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 November 27, 04:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO, this guy wasn't lied to. His plan is to make money and he believes he can make money with his new business venture. If that includes becoming a paysite, that's what he's going to do.

It's shitty.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 November 27, 04:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading the threads here, at GOS, and at Insim, I'm really just... sad. Any way you look at it, long time members are going to get burnt. New members and going to be either taken advantage of or turned off completely, and one of the biggest community sites out there is going to in fact become something to point and laugh at - or scream, depending on your temperament.

I really hope that the people who used to run the site made a killing off of selling out. What I don't understand is, if things really were so bad IRL, why they didn't first offer it to someone with a little more invested in the community - either staff members at the site, or someone like Delphy with some experience.

I've had an account at Insim for a couple months, but haven't ever posted and rarely go there. I had gone through some of the boards the other weekend, thinking about getting involved, and I'm glad now that I let my shy side win. I had enough of a time when I realized how shitty T$R is, without getting involved in drama on a new site.

Hopefully the little bastard goes bankrupt.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2008 November 27, 04:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I meant what I said - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, after all, investment -can- mean more than cold hard cash.  There are other sorts of payoffs - the pride of a job well done, experience with running a large website and the like.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: