PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:46:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 910250 times)
coralleane
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2835 on: 2008 December 03, 21:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the probability of a backup in Walt's posession definately discarded, could he be trying to re-gain what he feels he's "lost"?

As Devilfish mentioned, not entirely discarded, but didn't various people say that forum backups generally don't include uploaded files - even assuming that there is a backup and Walt can figure it out.  Of course, he might be trying with no hope of success...

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2836 on: 2008 December 03, 21:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the probability of a backup in Walt's posession definately discarded, could he be trying to re-gain what he feels he's "lost"?

This may be old info but from waaay back on page 69:

Items can still be deleted in protest and a fuss made if they are restored without permission, but for the time being, deleting anything just increases the number of people who see the rug pulled out from under them.
Actually, all information available suggests that there IS no backup, at least not one that is COMPLETE in any way, and if the site is incinerated by, say, someone deleting all the attachments, or Liegenschonheit removing a few DB tables, Hasta la Vista, Baby.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: 2008 December 03, 21:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, he might be trying with no hope of success...
You forgot the server squad and the professionals he claimed to hire!

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2838 on: 2008 December 03, 21:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, he might be trying with no hope of success...
You forgot the server squad and the professionals he claimed to hire!

Yes, he needs to hire people so that he can up the asking price for the site.  Which, I still wonder, is for how much.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: 2008 December 03, 22:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warplan Beige says we can haz. So, is it time to break out the t-shirts yet?

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: 2008 December 03, 22:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be old info but from waaay back on page 69:

Thanks for finding that, I knew I had seen the info before, I just couldn't find where.
I'm a bit miffed, as I had been hoping to come home from this lousy job interview to a big bonfire. (I'm a confirmed pyro.)
Instead...meh.
So I've been poking round the interwebz, and found a site with some truly awsome pics, such as mr. turtle and this one:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/kattenijin/lulzy.jpg

Which I find fitting to the situation.

I'm trying to contain myself and not drive you all too batty, sorry if it isn't working.
Feel free to macro as necessary.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: 2008 December 03, 22:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it was so much kissing Delphy's ass.  My position on that little sporking was that it was just not necessary.  Plus, I remember all the times that Delphy & Pescado have stepped in to help sites get back up after DNS attacks, server problems, etc.  Pes personally helped our forum move (this is a while back) by just asking.  He did all of the work and didn't ask for anything.  I don't ass kiss, but I do have a sense of loyalty.  I believe Delphy was giving his opinion based upon his experience as a site owner, creator and mod.  

And seriously, if Walt had hired all of these "professionals", we wouldn't have a mirror of the site.  I'm throwing the bullshit flag on that.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: 2008 December 03, 22:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't get into InSIM and reading all the posts has made me late for work, damn you pirates!
So I never got to see any original threads, so a big thanks to the guys who zipped and screenshooted the entire thing.  Kiss

After visiting the links, I get a "Page Load Error" not that it matters on WHY it's down, the fact it's down proposed a question...
Has Walt picked up his sword to surrender or has he buried it and run for the hills, picture of mother-dear slapping in his back pocket?

THAT is what I am waiting on, for his humiliating defeat. I have edited my account there with a dummy email, what he knows about me is diddly squat Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2843 on: 2008 December 03, 22:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And seriously, if Walt had hired all of these "professionals", we wouldn't have a mirror of the site.  I'm throwing the bullshit flag on that.

Probably a way to make us pay even more. It's what he does, isn't it? I mean, what in the seven hells is a "server team" anyway? Maybe he banked on us not asking for receipts.

Simlover
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: 2008 December 03, 22:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to get in there for the last hour and a half...I'm kinda wondering if Walt might have had a hissy fit and pulled the forum altogether?  Roll Eyes
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: 2008 December 03, 22:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The obvious just hit me!

It's Pescado's fault, the InSim is down, right now: he took down ALL THE ADVERTISEMENTS.

According to Walt's alleged logic, a server without ads is only a power-consuming thingy, isn't it? Like anyone who suffered the Great Depression (or World War II, BTW) you need to cut expenses off, dammit!!!

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2846 on: 2008 December 03, 22:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to get in there for the last hour and a half...I'm kinda wondering if Walt might have had a hissy fit and pulled the forum altogether?  Roll Eyes

I don't know, he pumped all his money in that site, it'd be pretty daft to pull the plug on it, not while there's still a chance in hell he may get hois money back. Walt hasn't exactly been quick on the uptake so far, he probably still thinks people are concidering making a serious offer. Or what he conciders serious anyway.

Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: 2008 December 03, 22:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive my "compu=tarded-ness" but why is it that Walt can go in the site, rattle the cages, melt the site down, when we can't even get in there to our own creations?  Is it because he's messed up the server? Or he's messed up some internal parts so that we won't be able to get in there.

I thought we weren't able to get in because of the mirror thing, and the wild exodus folks were making-but it looks like No one can get in. How is this so? What is happening?  

My next question is if I left my stuff, would it ended up lost, or perhaps him leaving it in place. I want my uploads outta there! Yesterday! (But I am able to wait til this all gets straightened out)
thanks for answers!

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Simlover
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: 2008 December 03, 22:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, he pumped all his money in that site, it'd be pretty daft to pull the plug on it, not while there's still a chance in hell he may get hois money back. Walt hasn't exactly been quick on the uptake so far, he probably still thinks people are concidering making a serious offer. Or what he conciders serious anyway.

I think what he did in the first instance kinda proves his level of daftness already? 
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: 2008 December 03, 22:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want my uploads outta there! Yesterday!

I was lucky, I was able to get everything of mine off the site last night before engaging in the macro festival. But I'm concerned because I didn't think to change my email to grilledcheese@cheesemail.com until I was in bed.  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: