PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:11:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894371 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2610 on: 2008 December 03, 13:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  Walt is now on the site

I just saw that too.

And the site is down.  Cheesy

Delphy, I understand, I really do, but how much power do you think little fishies like us actually have? Pescado is not exactly forthcoming with information at this point (understandable, I think) and people are angry. Do you want us to go around and tell them not to do anything? It wouldn't work. The barbarians were at the gate long before the pirates stormed the place.

And FYI, I've been working my ass off in my own small way. I can't help with any of the major stuff, true, but there's nothing the members here can actually do beside sit and wait for something to happen. The morale is up, people are happy and elated, and I like that. We've all been so tired and angry and confused, this is doing wonders for many people.

But, like I said, I'd prefer a speedy resolution now. Someone to delete the entire download section regardless, Pescado finishing his work etc.

carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: 2008 December 03, 13:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dont you find it weird walt appears and  the site goes down again i have  kinda suspected him as a hacker not sure why...
Dinki
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: 2008 December 03, 13:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An Admin is now working on the deletions.  Yours too Dinki.

Thank you, Syn and the mysterious Admin.

But, like I said, I'd prefer a speedy resolution now. Someone to delete the entire download section regardless, Pescado finishing his work etc.
Good idea.
NorthenLight
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: 2008 December 03, 13:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if my talk of copyright, IP law and EA's lawyers scared Walt.  Grin I can't say I'll be sorry if it did. The man is an idiot and the sooner he realises that, the sooner I can stop wanting to throw my university text books at him. Those things were expensive and I'll need them stupidity free for the next three years.
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: 2008 December 03, 13:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh how I WISH I could see Walt's face right now... Maybe he's finally caught a clue...
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: 2008 December 03, 13:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yay its back up
Neptune
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: 2008 December 03, 13:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, seeing as so many downloads are still up there and it takes so long for individuals to remove anything anyway it would be better for whole threads to go, but i don't think many are behind this kind of proposed burning.

I just don't want to see Walt keep anything.
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: 2008 December 03, 13:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just... read through all of this. From page 1. I promised myself I wouldn't add to the page-load, but WOW. This is really messed up.

As for whining about people raging over at Insim - see it this way. Anything that makes people feel involved will strengthen the community. If that involvement means posting a cat macro (which is all most of us can do), it's still showing support, and it gives people a nice fuzzy feeling to know that they helped.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2618 on: 2008 December 03, 13:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, seeing as so many downloads are still up there and it takes so long for individuals to remove anything anyway it would be better for whole threads to go, but i don't think many are behind this kind of proposed burning.

You'd be surprised. From what I've seen in other communities on other forums, the majority of people trusts Pescado to drag the goods out of the flaming building. Not all of them, certainly, but if they want to start over elsewhere of course they'll be given their toys back, no doubt about that.

SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: 2008 December 03, 14:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay y'all, if you can, please refrain from going to InSim as much as possible so the mods/admin can get things hard deleted that need to be.

There's a thread about this at the Oasis:  http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php?topic=263.0

You can post there if you know of something that needs to be deleted.

Thanks.
Neptune
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: 2008 December 03, 14:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd be surprised. From what I've seen in other communities on other forums, the majority of people trusts Pescado to drag the goods out of the flaming building. Not all of them, certainly, but if they want to start over elsewhere of course they'll be given their toys back, no doubt about that.

But from what was discussed earlier on in this thread most people stated that they thought people should have the choice and opportunity to decide, which is far enough, but most creators will want their creations gone so i say just burn now deal later.

Fake Edit: Nice to see something is being done in the way of deleting.
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: 2008 December 03, 14:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok thanks SS
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2622 on: 2008 December 03, 14:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay y'all, if you can, please refrain from going to InSim as much as possible so the mods/admin can get things hard deleted that need to be.

There's a thread about this at the Oasis:  http://forums.sim-oasis.com/index.php?topic=263.0

You can post there if you know of something that needs to be deleted.

Thanks.

Yay, I can haz blinkies again!

carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: 2008 December 03, 14:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they going to delete the insim section  i think that shoould be the first to go and then blooms
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2624 on: 2008 December 03, 14:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, read it. People who have requested to have their sections removed will have them removed. That's all.

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: