PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:24:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 906653 times)
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2580 on: 2008 December 03, 12:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone is defending Walt?! Where? I'll keep a note of it and check when I get home *sigh*
The clueless wonders are TehJarl and Sakrayami.

SynapticSim,
New members?? I was kinda hoping they were just rubberneckers, damn.  Sad

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: 2008 December 03, 12:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda think Delphy's assessment is like a fart during a wedding ceremony.  It may be necessary, but it could've been held off on.  

Dude, seriously.  Can't you ever let go and be optimistic and, I don't know, happy?  

You may be right.  It may all be pointless.  In fact, in the greater scheme of things, it IS pointless - there are TONS of forums people could go join, there doesn't NEED to be an Insim or an Insim clone.  But it's FUN.  At least for now.  Because people are MAD.  They were betrayed by someone they once trusted.  They want to VENT.  At least the ones who actually know what's going on, because there are a lot of them who don't know.

And I woke up at 2:00 AM and couldn't go back to sleep, and have since been up reading the past 45 or so pages, and now have to go get ready for work.  So, sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Work'll be FUN today!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: 2008 December 03, 12:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda think Delphy's assessment is like a fart during a wedding ceremony.  It may be necessary, but it could've been held off on.

It wouldn't be necessary if people would just complete the task they began!

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2583 on: 2008 December 03, 12:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've posted a new thread on Insim: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?p=1470223#post1470223

If you think this is a bad idea, tell me and I'll remove it. If it's okay, I'll try and get the word out. Because I do feel the need to be productive, natch.

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: 2008 December 03, 12:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Devilfish, I think it's a very very good idea; the most information is given, the better.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2585 on: 2008 December 03, 12:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was worried about Walt, actually. We don't know how much he knows about all of this, but the less he knows the better of course.

Insim is a big site, maybe I could post that message in other sections too? I'll get it on the BBS in any case if nobody disagrees with that.

JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: 2008 December 03, 12:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've caught up, and I'm STILL fangirling.  Kiss

Also, I've been and changed my Email to gibberish just in case Wart decides to sell mailing lists. I already get enough spam in my Email thanks.

And here's my contribution to the FAIL macros:
SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: 2008 December 03, 12:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Devilfish, great minds think alike.  I've posted this in my profile page on InSim.  You are more than welcome to copy and paste it where ever you choose.

Attention everyone:

Here's a rundown of what has happened.

Kathy and Eric listed the site for sale on 11-10-08 or earlier.  Walt, being the businessman he is bought the site.  In essence Kathy and Eric sold it to the highest bidder.  Walt then announced on 11-26-08 that he was the new Admin.

Walt then proceeded to announce that he was considering voluntary subscriptions for the main site, and mandatory subscriptions for the adult site.  He has sinse taken that off the board, or so he says.  However, at every turn he has been quick to point out just what a great investment InSim will be and how profitable it could be.

It was also discovered on a site where Kathy and Eric listed InSim for sale, that according to their numbers, the costs to run the site are $500/mo.  They also claimed Ad Revenue of $2,000 and Other Revenue of $1,200.  For you math whizzes out there, that would equal a profit of $2,700/mo.  Yet we were still having donation drives whenever Kathy and Eric felt like it.  And subsequently followed by threat of site closure of "X" amount wasn't reached within a few days.  But remember, they claimed to be receive $2,700/mo in profit.  These numbers were most probably inflated.  Either way, Walt and the rest of the InSim community was duped.

All of the above was done behind the backs of the other Admins, Mods, SuperMods, Talent, and Members.  Walt has been a member of this site since 11-12-08.  Ample time, fourteen days in fact, to discuss what was going on with the staff prior to making his announcements and his handful of polls.

Walt however, despite many pleas and words of advice, ignored the advice that he reportedly was seeking from the Site Staff.  Walt then slipped off into quiet oblivion to enjoy his Thanksgiving Holiday, leaving the InSim Community as we know it to crumble behind him.  When he returned to hot tempers on Thanksgiving, he promptly told us to "Get Over It."

Delphy of MTS2 has offered to purchase the domain and servers from Walt.  This too was ignored.  Our favorite cranky pirate has seen to it during Walt's period of inaction that a proper backup of InSim and InSimAdult has been made.

The current situation you see on the site now is the result of Walt's uninformed business acquisition.  Walt was mislead, there is no doubt about that.  But anyone who has ever studied business should know that you MUST research your investment before throwing all your money into it.

He has offered us salvation in the form of possibly creating a Board of Directors, and buying him out.  What he fails to realize is that all of those who have donated have paid MORE than their fair share already.

Various InSim refugee camps (aka sites) have sprung up all over the internet.  Keep an eye on these.  They are made up of the heart and soul of the old InSimenator.net.

Walt, you might be able to purchase a domain and a server.  But you will never be able to purchase a community.  Especially one you clearly do not understand.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 12:56:54 by SynapticSim » Logged
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2588 on: 2008 December 03, 12:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, down again. Not for too long, I hope. I'll see what I can d to get that message spread.

MistaEff
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: 2008 December 03, 12:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if Walt actually goes through and visits the threads, he can't really do anything but wave his banhammer at this point.

Buuuut.... Just in case he's reading this:

Elphaba
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: 2008 December 03, 12:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe someone should change that message at the bottom of the page if you're not signed in
Want to be a member of a great community? Register Now!
to
Want to be a member of a dying community with far too much Walt (i.e. some)? Register Now!

Is anyone else beginning to feel sorry for other people called Walt? So much hatred towards their name for none of their own fault.

Nurture your inner 0. Cherish your inner 6. Squish your inner 12 into a tiny box so they can't open their mouths and embarrass you
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2591 on: 2008 December 03, 12:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it up at The Place Of Incredibly Long Links as well. Good thing I don't care about any banhammers.  Roll Eyes

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23&threadID=93ae303a354a0a2a10ad65b1060bb24b&directoryID=2&startRow=1

It'll probably stay up for all of five minutes, but hopefully people will have seen it by then.

kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: 2008 December 03, 13:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been talking with Dinki@ Simvention. She's at work right now and can't log onto either PSMBD or Insim, and would like her section removed if possible. Just an FYI.
Neptune
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: 2008 December 03, 13:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Devilfish: what if people linked to your thread in their signatures would that be helpful?
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2594 on: 2008 December 03, 13:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Devilfish: what if people linked to your thread in their signatures would that be helpful?

Any links to it at all would be helpful.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: