PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 03:06:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 908796 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2565 on: 2008 December 03, 11:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're just 100% clueless.

By the way, are we sticking to the Revolution thread or is the whole forum fair game? Because people keep pretending nothing is happening. Can we cause havoc everywhere pretty please? Or would that be too much?

SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 2008 December 03, 11:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more worried about the people still posting introductions.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 2008 December 03, 11:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there is $500 going spare, give it to the staff and creators of InSimenator to pay for their new hosting and domain.

The $500 is for hosting. Basically, money would have to be spent on a server, regardless of wether it is the present insim server or a new one.

Yes, but don't buy it off *him* on principle.  Get it from some new place we don't have an issue with.  He *needs* to be out of pocket with an unwanted servr to make sure he never tries it again.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Aoife
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: 2008 December 03, 11:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to change the daily updates on the home page to a whole bunch of Walt macro's that people have made?
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: 2008 December 03, 11:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the new people too, that's a real worry they are vulnerable and clueless.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: 2008 December 03, 11:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, finally managed to shake off RL, and all I can say is

WALT

Nice work guys! Skadi and Pescado, you truly made my night ESPECIALLY, the rest you were seriously cool in your responses!

However... I uh try and click all links to : http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=100208 and Pescado's post is NOT there. I go to the front page and I see the Viva La Revolucion! And a dude ripping a cord outta somewhere, and a link to the ^ above, but no Pescado and NO replies. This is the first thread I've visited tonight, so I'm off to investigate. WTF man, anyone got screenies? *takes a swig of rum* Cala?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2571 on: 2008 December 03, 12:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the new people too, that's a real worry they are vulnerable and clueless.

Is it possible to make the Revolution more visible? It's actually just one thread and people pulling their stuff. Side-wide announcement? Banner on top? Mass email? Anything?

Neptune
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: 2008 December 03, 12:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to change the daily updates on the home page to a whole bunch of Walt macro's that people have made?

Yea i agree that would be awesome, with skadi's sign and t-shirt and the new Walt sim on the daily updates page. Grin
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: 2008 December 03, 12:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone is defending Walt?! Where? I'll keep a note of it and check when I get home *sigh*

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: 2008 December 03, 12:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your looking for Pescado's charming offer?

I see the post it's number 13 on this thread  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=100208

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: 2008 December 03, 12:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what will happen is the following:

- Walt will see the news post, ban Pescado and delete it as well as the macro thread
- He will probably then get somebody else to look and see how the server was compromised (this may take some time)
- He will continue on with his plans for the site even with all this happening

But at the end of the day, I don't think much will have changed.  Creators will have left, the site will still be there, and people will still be posting.  I don't think this so-called "Revolution" will really achieve anything other than pissing off the regular people who maybe don't read anywhere else.

Whatever else has happened, Insim itself is still a community, and burning the innocent villagers really doesn't sit well with me.  Why not just let the site die in peace?
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: 2008 December 03, 12:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there is $500 going spare, give it to the staff and creators of InSimenator to pay for their new hosting and domain.

The $500 is for hosting. Basically, money would have to be spent on a server, regardless of wether it is the present insim server or a new one.

Yes, but don't buy it off *him* on principle.  Get it from some new place we don't have an issue with.  He *needs* to be out of pocket with an unwanted servr to make sure he never tries it again.

It was more the path of least resistance than anything. We need server...server is there...meh.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2577 on: 2008 December 03, 12:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, that's what I think will happen, but I'm not against it. I've come across so many angry, confused people who were just aching to do something. Let them vent. It's fun, it makes them feel good and it gets the news out. In a brutal way, yes, but sometimes people just need a swift kick in the arse before they're willing to see reason. If we attempt to let it die in peace, maybe it won't die at all. It's a strong message we're sending out. A childish one, true, but I'm no agains people letting go off all the anger they've been feeling lately.

Let people express ther frustration and have fun with it. Then, when what you said happens, we'll all feel a little better and be more inclined to listen to reason ourselves.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: 2008 December 03, 12:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, that's the down to earth appraisal, really.  Especially if everyone is going to get sidetracked by the pirate games and posturing instead of doing the job properly.  The site should have been wiped out by now, in the hopes that Walt *may* not have a backup.  But it's probably too late, and your appraisal will turn out to be the way it will be.

The staff and creators who don't want to stay with Walt should take their time and stuff to one or more new homes, leaving the domain name, the server, and those people who wish to be taken over, with Walt.  I will not put one penny more in that direction whether to buy the remaining days of the month's server hire or anything else.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2579 on: 2008 December 03, 12:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, that's the down to earth appraisal, really.  Especially if everyone is going to get sidetracked by the pirate games and posturing instead of doing the job properly.  The site should have been wiped out by now, in the hopes that Walt *may* not have a backup.  But it's probably too late, and your appraisal will turn out to be the way it will be.

I do agree, what's the holdup? I feel no need to see Walt surrendering his sword, so to speak. Some do, some don't, but I'd like to see New and Improved Insim up ASAP. That would be the best solution. For now, I wait and I lulz.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: