PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:32:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909949 times)
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2250 on: 2008 December 03, 02:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal reason for using the Insiminator is that it doesn't have the conflicts that using too many game mods/hacks produce.

Very true.
I should add a link to the program that detects hack conflicts to my list of links the new site could possibly have, cuz' it would probably be much-needed.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: 2008 December 03, 02:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever.  I still like using it Pes.  What are the necessary items?  

ETA:  I have the program that detects the game mod/hack conflicts.  I'm just a control freak.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: 2008 December 03, 02:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attribute my lack of coherence to barely any sleep again last night, damn dental abscess keeps filling and bursting, making me have to shower cause I keep losing my lunch... And I'm outta gauze! Gimme that beer, would ya?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: 2008 December 03, 02:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever.  I still like using it Pes.  What are the necessary items?
The Batbox, the Ingelogical Shrub, and Debug Mode Shiftclick.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: 2008 December 03, 02:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One beer xtra lime comin' up  Grin

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: 2008 December 03, 02:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, too, have donated money to Insim over the last 3 1/2 years.  It was my choice to do so, my loss.  Unfortunately, this makes every free site that does a donation drive suspect and community members reluctant to donate.

I think the key comes down to a couple of things.. how calmly the drive is handled.. How Pescado etc did the drive here was ideal. A specific drive handled calmly for a specific amount. Not constant panic and hitting people up once every few months.

Secondly, where possible if a site has the "donate-meter" that helps no end because it reduces the suspicion of draining money aside for personal reasons.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: 2008 December 03, 02:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attribute my lack of coherence to barely any sleep again last night, damn dental abscess keeps filling and bursting, making me have to shower cause I keep losing my lunch...

Eek! That sounds horrid!
I feel lucky for just having returned from the dentist with no problems like that...
You have my sympathy.  Sad
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: 2008 December 03, 02:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kath, perfectly logical to me.  I have no problem donating.  I will, however, be more discriminating in my donating from this point on.  However, I (as crazy as this sounds) would trust Pes with my money.

ETA:  Spelling, sheesh....

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: 2008 December 03, 02:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't exactly TAKE the money anywhere. The Internet is made of antimatter, so if I tried to actually touch it with anything other than my Internet-being, it would instantly convert itself and the equivalent amount of normal matter into energy, resulting in a BFBVFS. Thus, Internet monies cannot be moved off of the Internets, and as such, I can't actually TAKE the money anywhere. It just hangs around in the warchest until we need it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: 2008 December 03, 02:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are making my headache worse.  Stop it!  You're killing my buzz.  Tongue

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: 2008 December 03, 02:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to donate based on how much I like a site.. I've been a regular MTS donator for over a year now (roughly) because I like the site and use a lot of their stuff.. But I only used to donate to Insim when it looked like things were critical.

I actually think discriminating is a good way to look at it.. and basing it on your gut is always good. If things feel dodgy they probably are.. I seem to remember some of the people were very unhappy with Kathy at the time for perceived emotional blackmail and last minute requests. With hindsight, they were probably right.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
ThatScaryChick
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2261 on: 2008 December 03, 02:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kath, perfectly logical to me.  I have no problem donating.  I will, however, be more discriminating in my donating from this point on.  However, I (as crazy as this sounds) would trust Pes with my money.

ETA:  Spelling, sheesh....

Same here. I learned my lesson and will make sure the site is legitimate before handing money over.

Very true. I should add a link to the program that detects hack conflicts to my list of links the new site could possibly have, cuz' it would probably be much-needed.

Does anyone know what that program is? I would like to check it out.

thatscarychick.com and simsoaps.com
What Lies Beneath (A sims soap opera comic strip.)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: 2008 December 03, 02:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hindsight, as ever is 20/20.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: 2008 December 03, 02:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can't exactly TAKE the money anywhere. The Internet is made of antimatter, so if I tried to actually touch it with anything other than my Internet-being, it would instantly convert itself and the equivalent amount of normal matter into energy, resulting in a BFBVFS.

How do we know that the internet isn't made of normal matter, and we are in fact the ones made of anti-matter??

Answer at a normal school: Because we live my mans perception.
Answer at a Christian school: Because God made it that way.

*sorry, I'm really bored.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: 2008 December 03, 02:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quit giving to Insim about 8 months ago and turned off my monthly donation when it seemed to be getting questionable IMO.  In chatting with Kathy, there were some issues with credit cards that were bogus and some other things.  Based upon numbers I have seen here and other sites, it just didn't seem plausible.

I have always loved MTS2 and admire HP, Delphy and Numenor, so have no problem donating there whatsoever.

As a side note, I would like to add that Insim is not the only site that allows donations by mail.  There are several others that do as well.

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: