PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:15:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 910151 times)
Naria
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2190 on: 2008 December 03, 00:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, look ... another lurker come out of lurk mode, how original. I would have joined sooner, but even with proper grammar, lack of 12ness, I still kind of thought you guys ate new members for breakfast. Hey, don't get me wrong, you might, I'm just going to be the first to say I don't think I taste good, even with ketchup.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for the updates on the status of InSim, and most especially a huge thank you to Pescado and anyone doing their best to make the InSim clone. It was my home, even if I only popped in to help the 12's and people who couldn't use Google to find stuff, and to check the Daily Updates. And yes, I have not been to the website! I am waiting patiently.  Wink

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents and my gratitude in, that is all. I shall resume reading every page of replies that comes up and lurk moar.
deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: 2008 December 03, 00:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eric promised to support the hack for the next year to Walt in conditions of the sale..
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: 2008 December 03, 00:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ If that's the case, it's legally Walts. InSIM will not survive Warplan Beige.

Is that right?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2193 on: 2008 December 03, 00:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eric promised to support the hack for the next year to Walt in conditions of the sale..

Yes, but probably long before shit hit the fan. We don't know how Walt feels about K/E right now, but if his latest post is any indication, I'm thinking: not good.

Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: 2008 December 03, 00:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do know that we creators worked :censored: hard on our stuff, and for someone like that to just grab it up isn't right.  Regardless of it being EA's programs, I feel like my Captain Jack Sparrow is MY creation!   Angry

And where would this guy be without all our creations? :censored: That's what!  He would have an empty site without us. And None of us got Any warning whatsoever that any of this was happening. I think that's what has made us all this angry with the whole thing. No warning, no preparation for any of it.  And now we can't even get in to the site to take what belongs to us because the site is always down!

I just found out on Sunday night, and apparently it's been going on a while before that! I am bummed! As we all are! Angry

Call us pirates, or whatever they like--this content belongs to us creators, and we have a right to it! Walt did not pay any of us off for our content. And it wasn't Katy or Eric's to sell either. I agree that Walt should sue Kathy and Eric for his losses here, and they seem to be the con artists rather than Walt.  Walt just didn't know what he was walking in to when he bought that site.  Angry That is not normal or even smart investing for someone who claims to be an investor-as Walt claims to be.)

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2195 on: 2008 December 03, 00:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to Eric and Kathy's creations, those were the only creations they were entitled to sell.  My opinion, none of their stuff should be on the new site.  There are alternatives to insim.  Although for the 2 things I use the most, careers and toddler training, haven't found satisfactory replacements.

Look for Rebecah's stuff on MTS2 - she has some good toddler things, including some pottyes and the like they can use by themselves.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: 2008 December 03, 00:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ If that's the case, it's legally Walts.

I think in any case, it's legally EAxis  Wink

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2197 on: 2008 December 03, 00:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh--everytime I go to post, I get that little message about a new reply.

Anyways, I only ever went to insim to download...but this new incarnation does sound promising.  

OH....not that it matters much but I say let insim die....I've since used other (better imo) hacks.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: 2008 December 03, 00:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this question may get me hanged or whatever but I feel for those of that haven't paid much if any real attention to politics in this community what are peoples issues in regards to Pescado and Delphy and folks not wanting them host a clone of InSim?

I know I'm probably about 12 or so pages out of sync...

The short version begins: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters" ...

You don't even want to know the long version!

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: 2008 December 03, 00:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Naria (I snipped some bits)
I'm just going to be the first to say I don't think I taste good, even with ketchup.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for the updates on the status of InSim, and most especially a huge thank you to Pescado and anyone doing their best to make the InSim clone

Cheesy Everything tastes good with ketchup  Wink
Yes, I know, worthless post. Had to say it.
We're all very grateful to Pes, but if people keep coming out with it he might just decide to scrap it all so he doesn't have to put up with all the hugs.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: 2008 December 03, 00:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hold up Skye, of course your creations are yours. Everyone who contributed outside of Eric and Kath should get their stuff back and should have a say where their stuff is getting hosted.
That is why Oasis is very important right now, it's where the organisation for the rebirth is taking place. All members should be active in there, and if not, should be contacted so they could at least say "Aye" or "Nay".

InSim (the hack) is what I was talking about, because Eric put it in the conditions over the SALE of the site (by saying he was going to support it for a year). He had every right to do that, it was his fucking toy in the end.
Is InSIM (the hack) enough to keep Walt in business?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: 2008 December 03, 00:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes me laugh like you would not believe. Kathy and Eric knew that there would be a shit storm, and that there probably wouldn't be an InSIM to update. Walt bought exactly not shit and hopefully he will choke on it.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: 2008 December 03, 00:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the members don't want the hack at WFIS, could it not be put in the booty or the graveyard?

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: 2008 December 03, 00:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pickles, it's already up at SimsCave.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2204 on: 2008 December 03, 00:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the members don't want the hack at WFIS, could it not be put in the booty or the graveyard?

The booty, no. People seem to be against that and for now, it's not a payfile. The graveyard? Why not. I like it. Although Insim isn't dead and likely won't die, but that would be a fine solution.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: