PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:00:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Good morning, please check here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good morning, please check here  (Read 57492 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Re: Good morning, please check here
« Reply #120 on: 2008 October 15, 04:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To some people, going out to all the nightclubs, and hanging out with random people all the time, is enough for them to be "in the know" so I think that is what she meant Smiley

Personal Size power? Is this something for short people? I am curious and want to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cheesy Fucking Xenu....Geez...people will believe anything these days ...

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 October 15, 05:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personal Size power? Is this something for short people? I am curious and want to subscribe to your newsletter.

Oh, you sweet naive kid, you. Wink

Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter though. Admittedly it's mostly about squids; but I do guarantee 30% less creeepy threats and 50% more insane fears about space aliens than the other guys, and it's a whole lot cheaper to join in (er, for the moment...tell your friends and family please!).
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 October 15, 05:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Born and raised in Iowa, hung around people from all over the place like Australia, London, Frankfurt, Alabama, as well as family from all around the country, so my speech is kind of a mish mash of different areas. Both of my grandpas had Dane accents because their parents were from Denmark, although my dad's grandma on his dad's side was from Norway... Now I'm stuck in Illinois and dunno if my speech has changed or not, but man did I get teased by family members last year when they say me for the first time after 20 years. They're mainly from Minnesota, donchaknow, and they say I sound southern. Uh huh, just cause they're up by the border... meh

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 October 15, 06:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, or deelink, what is occa? I needz to learn me these Aussie terms.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2008 October 15, 08:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mother - half southern Irish, half Northern Irish; Dad - half Northern Irish, half Jamaican. Me born in London and grew up with a strong cockney accent mixed with Jamaican (I was born within the sound of bow bells so technically am true cockney Wink ), live in Dorset which has a what would be is referred to as an "oh ah" accent here in the UK, it's a similar accent to the Cornish or Devon/Somerset accents. For example Dorset is pronounced Darrset. And I have a mixture of all the accents which is so messed up  Grin  My other half is Jamaican and speaks only in Jamaican patois with a thick Jamaican accent.  My dad speaks Iyaric so I have picked that up as well. I often get laughed at because certain words I say come out either broad Irish/broad Dorset/broad Jamaican/broad London depending on the word and I can end up being broad in each accent across the course of one sentence lol  Cussing is easy - I cuss Jamaican  Grin

Druid I think the nearest I have come to your situation is that we are house hunting in Jamaica currently, the other half intends to go back there with the next 2/3 years and as I have dual nationality (Irish/Jamaican), my son has dual nationality (British/Jamaican) we will emigrate when he does and go with him but he comes from Montego Bay, my Dad lives just outside Kingston so we want to live on opposite sides of the Island!  We did find a house we compromised on, up in the blue mountains a few weeks ago, I was happy because it was only 30 miles outside of Kingston and he just fell in love with the house.  Unfortunately Hurricane Gustav as was put paid to those plans by deciding to touch down right in the front yard destroying the entire property  Undecided  So now we are back to arguing which side of the island we are going to live on! LOL

I love accents though but I suck at recognising them.  Personally I don't think the Scottish and Irish accents sound in any way the same but I like both of them.  I do tend to prefer the harsher Belfast accent but that's more a roots thing and I could seriously listen to the soft Southern Irish lilt all day (my late husband was Southern Irish).  I read an article on yahoo yesterday that was saying that local dialects in the UK are dying out and that people in the UK tend to be able to recognise/understand/translate more foreign words that they do dialect from other parts of the country.

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 2008 October 15, 08:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to Answer Keirra's Question:

Alright, Occa is country Australian, working Aussies who love drawling their words, when they bother to say anything. This example is of a modern occa accent, which is not as strong as it is with the older generation.

Bogan is different, that is Kath and Kim. Or Bogan Pride. It's what we consider "white trash" here.

I tried, hope it helps! Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 09:45:15 by deelink » Logged

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 October 15, 11:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

I wonder if you thought I was from Boston because I am uh.. abrasive and "loud".   Wink

Abrasive and loud?  Only at Celtics games.  The rest of the time we are have Yankee lockjaw. Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2008 October 15, 11:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Accents? I'm from California. We don't have accents Tongue LOL

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 October 15, 13:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am from north east England so i have a Geordie accent. 
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 October 15, 13:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm stuck in Illinois and dunno if my speech has changed or not, but man did I get teased by family members last year when they say me for the first time after 20 years. They're mainly from Minnesota, donchaknow, and they say I sound southern. Uh huh, just cause they're up by the border... meh

Yer from Illinois now. You gots an accent. Trust a fellow Illinoisan. I didn't believe it either....until I lived in Kansas for awhile and got made fun of for my accent. (Then I moved back home and got made fun of because I aquired a "twang" whilst in Kansas.)

Italian, Irish and Cherokee from my dad's side- Norwegian and German from my mom's. For some reason, when I get mad I tend to get a bit of an Irish accent going...while my hands are flying around like birds- which is my version of an Italian accent I guess.  Wink
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2008 October 15, 13:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love accents and am halfway decent at figuring them out.  My first day of Geology, after class, I went up to my professor and asked him what part of London he was from - I think I startled him, since most americans can at most ask what part of England, and half the time, they're asking someone from Australia or New Zealand.

edit: And we're trying to move to illinois - figure Chicago is a good compromise since I -really- don't want to move to Alaska, and everyone else are such polar bears and hate hot georgia weather.  And honestly, I hat both the heat and the cold with no snow thing.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 October 15, 15:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

I wonder if you thought I was from Boston because I am uh.. abrasive and "loud".   Wink

Abrasive and loud?  Only at Celtics games.  The rest of the time we are have Yankee lockjaw. Cheesy

I think reality television has warped my opinion of the Bostonian accent and attitude.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 15:15:54 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2008 October 15, 15:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grew up in Memphis so my accent is more big city Southern (think Cybil Shepherd) but I live now in the small town my husband grew up in where the accent varies from somewhat pleasant Southern to git-r-done Larry the cable guy style (gross I know.) It's a constant struggle with my kids to keep the git-r-done style out of them.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 October 15, 17:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Born and raised in South Texas, so a bit of Tex-Mex influence in my accent.  Plus, lived 9 years is Alabama before moving overseas to The Netherlands...my accent is totally fucked up.  Except when mad...then it's ALL Texas!!  With all the slang, descriptive phrases and cuss words all rolled together. 

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 October 15, 18:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was born and raised in southern VA so I have a southern accent and it becomes more pronounced when I am talking excitedly about something.  For those of you that have heard me speak you know what I mean.  Cheesy

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: