PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:48:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Good morning, please check here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good morning, please check here  (Read 56927 times)
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Good morning, please check here
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 07, 01:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the compliments, Iīve been studying a lot to improve my english.
But at the time that I had to fight at the Good, the Bad and the Rant I didnīt even know what "cheesy" means Smiley
 I read all FAQs before I post, I hate to commit mistakes and make mess. I didnīt know this was an immoderated board. I enjoy the pictures too, specially the avatars. I love Hecubus avatar. Itīs so awesome.
I remember Nubian Doll and there are still a lot of the "oldies" around, I kept contact with several people all this time, I have some good friends that I met through sims boards like Kiri, as example, another file sharing creations or CTNutmegger. We know each other for more than eight years by now. Itīs a lot of time.
But I digress.
I think I am going to read around, there is a lot of things to read here.
Hm. I think I just became part of the crew of this ship. We have a huge ship to sink called TSR. Wink

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 07, 01:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome dani Smiley
Even though I myself am what you would call a "sideline" pirate. I fully support everyone here. So have some REAL rum and enjoy the ride Tongue
That TSR ship has to fully go under some time, and right here, are front centre seats!  Grin

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 07, 15:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I confess I donīt lurk in several foruns. I just thought the extra backup files we are all doing could be useful here. Thatīs all. To be honest I donīt take part at PMDB or MATY for one single reason: my english is not good enough and I was attacked at MATY a couple times by old trolls who knows me from old incidents at TS1 times when I started to fight paysites. Since I really have difficulties in communication I dropped the option to go to certain boards. For me is enough to help from time to time when I can.
So, Iīm here just temporarily.
Thanks again.
Daniyagami, it seems you didn't use the same username at MATY, so I can't be sure the details of what went on. However, you should know that at MATY, while there's a good bit of bickering and noob-poking, if someone states they are ESL, grammar mistakes are ignored. Unless you pull a Gali. That's just fun for everyone.  There are perhaps four ESL posters I can think of off the top of my head who I honestly have a really hard time understanding, but no one teases them.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 07, 20:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gawd, get over yourself, your English is just fine. There's many of us not officially anglophone and if it wasn't for spell check I would suck at literacy more often than I do.  I haz good grammar days and bad grammar days. Here we care about what you have to say not how you say it.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 08, 18:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, thanks for the link to GoS thread. I haven't gotten adept at finding my way around there yet, so have only trolled the download pages. I clicked on the TSR link, and left a post that more than likely will get me banned over there. Since this is the first time I've logged in there in like 2 years, I guess that won't bother me. Anyone who would like the text of the post I left is welcome to it. Just ask. I copied it into a notepad page for posterity.

ETA: Ok, now I killed the thread at TSR. I posted a perfectly reasonable objection to Thomass' justification, and apparently prompted a swarm of responses. Thomass sort of didn't like what I said I guess. Anyway, now the thread is closed to comments. There was something in the comment about haters making new accounts
Update: This post was never intended to be a forum for TSR haters and new account creators to post their rants against TSR, so for that reason, I'm disabling comments here. TSR is accused of being illegal and breaking laws every day by the haters who think that pay sites are illegal. It's a long debated and clearly fruitless argument. We are not illegal and we are here to stay. We don't share private data with anyone outside our organization. If you wish to continue the TSR bashing then go back to your own communities that encourage such activity.
but he couldn't have meant me, because that account has existed for about 4 years. Ever since The Sims 2 first came out. Actually, I had an account there with Sims 1, but I can't remember if this is the same account, or I made a new one when I got Sims 2.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 19:01:28 by dragonarts » Logged

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 08, 19:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but he couldn't have meant me, because that account has existed for about 4 years. Ever since The Sims 2 first came out.

He's gotta say something to save face - he certainly can't say "long time members" Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 08, 19:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it just me or does his tone seem a little flustered *sniggers*

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 08, 19:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but he couldn't have meant me, because that account has existed for about 4 years. Ever since The Sims 2 first came out.

He's gotta say something to save face - he certainly can't say "long time members" Tongue

Sure he could.  I would love for him to screw up and put something like that, and watch the reaction of the foolish sheeple over there. 

is it just me or does his tone seem a little flustered *sniggers*

Sherrie, I think you just made the understatement of the year there.  Little old Thomas, sounded like he was about to lose it there a couple of times. 

dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 08, 19:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Furthermore, there was absolutely nothing in my post that said anything about paysites, period. The only reference I made to anything being illegal was the posting of confidential information. There was nothing in my post to identify me as a pirate, or member of PMBD. And he couldn't have recognized my username from here (or anywhere else), because it is different. In fact, TSR is the only place I still use that username.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 08, 22:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh I want to see what you posted that made him so angry. Hehe.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 October 09, 03:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, copy and paste:

Quoting Steve Bonham 8 Oct. 2008:
The information which you refer to was part of a private, internal discussion within TSR. It is unfortunate that one disgruntled (supposedly loyal) member of the team would take such action after they turned their back on us. They did this anonymously and is clearly a cowardly act towards us, but the information is very basic. Those that wish to twist this into the free distribution of member addresses and credit card details are clearly desperate to stir up trouble as they are totally inaccurate. The 5 names of people that have been caught trying to bring TSR down and siding with the pirates get no sympathy from us and are probably seeking revenge for their banning. That's hardly free distribution of all member details (it was 5 names). Judge for yourself.
(bold added by me for emphasis)

Regardless of how many real names were shared or in what forum (private or public), the sharing of confidential information is illegal. The reason given for sharing such information is immaterial. It is still illegal, and TSR could face a lawsuit over this if the injured parties felt inclined. Whether such a lawsuit would succeed in winning damages is debatable, but the fact that grounds exist for such a lawsuit should give every forum member and subscriber pause. Do you really want to be a member of a forum, and support such a forum with your hard earned money, when it can be proven that said forum, feeling threatened by criticism from other members of the Simming community, resorts to illegally sharing confidential information?

As for forum members who feel that "TSR is great" and supplies a needed service, all I can say is that you consider whether the risk is worth the service, particularly in light of the fact that there are many sites offering great Sims 2 downloads, and that the majority of the best ones offer as good or better downloads completely free of charge.

I didn't copy Thomass' reply to that, but it was on the order that I should stop suggesting that average subscribers should fear that their own information was unsafe. The next person who responded said something along the lines that oh, wow, sharing anyone's real name was just so irresponsible. My post was number 18. I decided to respond to good ole Tom's justification, and when I hit the submit button it can up comments closed. I noticed that there were now 24 comments though. I think I stirred up the membership.

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 October 09, 03:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, right before the comments were blocked and deleted, I captured a quick screencap of the thread on TSR. 

daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 October 09, 03:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daniyagami, it seems you didn't use the same username at MATY, so I can't be sure the details of what went on. However, you should know that at MATY, while there's a good bit of bickering and noob-poking, if someone states they are ESL, grammar mistakes are ignored. Unless you pull a Gali. That's just fun for everyone.
I wasnīt teased, I was attacked but not by MATYīs people, by people who goes to other boards where I go, knows me and had particular interest in attack me. Other people from MATY didnīt know this and were used by these bad people. I said I am a not english speaker and some of them stopped but others posted something like "itīs a poor excuse". I ended stop to posting because I knew that those who were attacking me had a hidden agenda and that the others didnīt know this. I have few posts at MATY and they have no idea who I am and how long Iīve been in this community so I wasnīt annoyed with them. I love MATY and the chaotic enviroment that reigns there. I just couldnīt managed to be accepted there and I blame my lack of language skills, to be honest.
About the username, I decided to not use my regular username here because of those who can be lurking and we donīt know. I thought it could be more useful. Itīs not the first time I have an account here, I think my old one was deleted for not being active. I* donīt think I ever posted with the old username here. But is really easy to guess who I am reading the GOS thread and that username is the username I use all the time Wink

kenmtl, you made me smile, thanks for that Smiley
I followed your advice and Iīm lurking around. Iīve been reading a lot of threads.

dragonarts, I was reading that thread at GOS about TSR right now. I had no chance to post at TSR, unfortunatelly. I think the most important thing is keep spreading the news. People need to know, more people know, more they will look ugly.

Titan, I read all screenshots posted here and at GOS. I think Thomas is losing the control, this is good. Sometimes I miss some "spread the word" tactic like post at other boards what is going on at TSR. I can think about a couple boards where spreading this info can cause some comotion. I will find a good way to do this.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 October 09, 03:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, my comment seems to have been deleted. I'm not particularly surprised. It was right before tessieroo's. When Thomass says "Da mama, I would appreciate if you would stop suggesting...", that was to me. That's my screen name over there. Has been since March 10, 2005. I can't remember what it was before that. I lost my password and had to make a new account, since I'd also changed email accounts since I created the first account. This comment was the first I'd ever posted over there however. When I joined, I didn't know anything about the joys of actually saying something on forums.  Guess I thought the only people who could post comments were the creators. Then I found MTS2, and no longer went to TSR.

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 October 09, 04:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, my comment seems to have been deleted. I'm not particularly surprised. It was right before tessieroo's. When Thomass says "Da mama, I would appreciate if you would stop suggesting...", that was to me. That's my screen name over there. Has been since March 10, 2005.

Due to the fact that I was at work and worried that I would miss something, I kept refreshing and hitting the screen cap button.  Guess what I grabbed during one of those clicks?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: