PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:02:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Photoshop shopped!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Photoshop shopped!  (Read 140587 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Photoshop shopped!
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 24, 22:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One set that I drooled over from Reflex was the Ameritania collection. I plotted, I planned, I found the BOOTY! Once I got it in game, I got rid of it fast! I'd also gotten some of the bathrooms as well, and they too, went out via the delete button. They bled through the walls like all hell and while I did keep the floors and maybe one of the walls, none of the rest of it was worth the headache that I got from seeing it in game. Good idea for this thread, Millie, you're a sweetie to put that fug in and show us what sins can be covered with clever photoshopping.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 24, 22:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. The first post. That's reflexsims, right? When I first discovered this site, I was under the delusion that paystuff was superior. No basis for that belief, other than the assumption that money makes everything magically better.

So I go into a shitstorm of downloading, and can't wait to get all the stuff in game. Imagine how perplexed-- perplexed I was when I saw how shitty it was in game.

I had to delete almost everything. I was the MOST let down by the reflexsims stuff. OH, that stuff is beautiful---- ON THE REFLEX SITE ONLY.

Same here. Before I knew about the booty I used to promise myself that when I got a credit card the first thing I'd do was to raid ReflexSims and download every set (although it might have sounded a bit like "baaaaaa"). Theirs was also the first objects that I ARRed from the booty (the Pearl set and the Art Studio, if I'm not mistaken) just to find out that it bled through walls/had weird grid schemes (like a three tile desk or a wall mirror that would hang 1 grid away from the wall at all occasions)/looked generally shitty in game.
This thread is a wonderful idea. We should spread the word around in the community: if you absolutely MUST buy CC it's always good to know what are you really going to pay for.

Closeted stamp lover.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 24, 22:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One set that I drooled over from Reflex was the Ameritania collection. I plotted, I planned, I found the BOOTY! Once I got it in game, I got rid of it fast! I'd also gotten some of the bathrooms as well, and they too, went out via the delete button. They bled through the walls like all hell and while I did keep the floors and maybe one of the walls, none of the rest of it was worth the headache that I got from seeing it in game. Good idea for this thread, Millie, you're a sweetie to put that fug in and show us what sins can be covered with clever photoshopping.

In total agreement. I drooled over reflexcrap until I saw it in game. But the editing on the pics is amazing. Methinks their talent lies in photoshop effects rather than object creation. Which is a shame. That person might be able to edit Cameron Diaz to make her look pretty.

) just to find out that it bled through walls/had weird grid schemes (like a three tile desk or a wall mirror that would hang 1 grid away from the wall at all occasions)
ahahahaha! You get what you pay for right? Wait, no! That's not right! Payshit indeed. 
Thanks to this site, we get to see the work "warts and all". What a bait n' switch they're all trying to pull. You think something's good and see that it's ugly in game. But by then, it's like 'haha. I mean, oops. Well, you paid for it already. NO REFUNDS!"
« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 22:49:09 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 24, 23:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quickie, because I'm getting tired now. It's nearly midnight and us old fogeys have to get our sleep  Cheesy

Next up, Simcredible designs.

Doesn't this look just wonderful.

Now the in game shot.

You will notice, that on my version there is no cooker hood. Reason for this? It's not damn well included in the set. Oh, you do get an extractor, but it isn't that one, and nowhere on the download page that I can see is the link to download that particular extractor. So, not only does it look jack all like that when you get it in game, you don't even get that particular item. Talk about false advertising!

Here's the one that you get in the set. Apologies for the darkness.

The cooker bleeds into the wall

Ze mysterious floating plate

Water coming from midair!

Oh, and I almost forgot. You get a fridge with this one. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, given how it is Wink
Whats with the glowy bits?

This is the only pic I could find that had the fridge in it. Strangely, no glowy bit on show.

With all of these, I have tried to reproduce the effect the paysite has used. With this set, I could in no way, by altering lighting, get the metal to look shiny like that.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 24, 23:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a great thread to show what many of us have been saying forever. Paysites suck and sell sub-par stuff. Thanks for all the pics, Millie. You're a brave one!

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
I_luv_the_booty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 24, 23:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eye opening pics, please post more when you can.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 24, 23:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY! thank you Millie. You do realize you're enabling what could be a new addiction for me?

As for the set, that site seems REALLY fond of using gradients. Have gradient effects ever been cool? Must've missed the memo.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 24, 23:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you know, you could.  This isn't Millie's job.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 September 24, 23:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you know, you could.  This isn't Millie's job.

I'm feeling inspired to post some of the reflex decor-shit  I bitched about earlier.
Which means I'm gonna have to redownload it. But its for a good cause.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 September 25, 02:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've obviously messed with the contrast and added shine in those kitchen pics. I do have a question about the wall that came with it, did that rock wall come with the actual set? Because it isn't anything like the advertised picture.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 25, 05:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from reflex's amertania set

the mirror does not fit the frame. Also, what's with the white graininess around the image? You usually get that ugly white border with low quality animated gif files, especially viewable on any non-white setting.

Again with the "gif.file" type white edges. Obviously, these objects were only ever meant to go on pristine white walls with the sims ligh and shadow settings disabled. I couldn't find any larger pics of the bowls, but I guess I know the reason why.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 25, 06:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot the fact that the mirror doesn't even fit into the frame. The bottom you can see through the design.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 25, 06:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot the fact that the mirror doesn't even fit into the frame. The bottom you can see through the design.

nope! (mentioned below the image already)

« Last Edit: 2008 September 25, 07:03:41 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 25, 06:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, oolongteadrinker saw that (unless she/he just edited his/her oversight really quickly Cheesy). Oooog, I'm too slow!

Also, what's with the white graininess around the image? You usually get that ugly white border with low quality animated gif files, especially viewable on any non-white setting.

The "white graniness" is more than likely due to poorly painted alphas combined with using a white/beige background in the working file instead of one coloured to match the metal (and yes, alphas that look like this are a true mark of laziness in my opinion).
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 25, 07:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, oolongteadrinker saw that (unless she/he just edited his/her oversight really quickly Cheesy). Oooog, I'm too slow!

Also, what's with the white graininess around the image? You usually get that ugly white border with low quality animated gif files, especially viewable on any non-white setting.

The "white graniness" is more than likely due to poorly painted alphas combined with using a white/beige background in the working file instead of one coloured to match the metal (and yes, alphas that look like this are a true mark of laziness in my opinion).

Thanks for the first part as well as answering my question. Learn something new everyday, huh?
Considering my past couple posts, this image from reflex's site made me a little angry.

Confirmation? It confirms nothing.
for emphasis:

notice something WONKY about the image that's not apparent in the TINY "screenshot" reflex used?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: