PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 00:41:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 101651 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED ARR!
« Reply #90 on: 2008 September 30, 05:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The suit specifically requested a trial by jury. I think it was on the last page, in the summary section.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Rata_Chen
ARR!

One Bad Apple

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 September 30, 06:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A trial by jury, let's hope EA gets steam rolled!

Sadly, like Druid, my CD drive has been fried. After installing Free Time, my CD drive can only read the Sims disc 1/2 the time, and when it does I'd get a nice little "Insert original The Sims 2: Free Time in drive." Now I get the same deal with AL. Why didn't I find an ARR-ed copy? 
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 September 30, 15:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know. There are ways to fix that, you know. Like the stickied thread in the Podium at MATY.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 September 30, 15:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, it looks like sales are swarming.  But I guess that means that pirating hasn't cost them too much:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/151615/spore_hits_1_million_mark_despite_drm.html

This article said they need to sell 8 Million copies just to break even. So 1 million? meh....not even close.
http://microscopiq.com/2007/06/spore-cost-what/

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Rata_Chen
ARR!

One Bad Apple

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 September 30, 17:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know. There are ways to fix that, you know. Like the stickied thread in the Podium at MATY.

Danke! I have never checked that thread before; I always head to Peasantry in search of CS stuff. Danke!  Kiss
Vicci
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 September 30, 18:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This article said they need to sell 8 Million copies just to break even. So 1 million? meh....not even close.

Hahahaha! 8 million? That can't be right. Bearing in mind that was a year ago and PC games have more than likely risen in price since then , as has maybe their suggested RRP, they can't surely have 8 million to sell to break even. That's ridiculous. Especially with the whole sueing thing. Tongue
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 30, 20:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep, even the article where Will Wright was sued says the production costs were 35 million, so conservative estimate, they need to sell two or three million to make their money back.. and the way things are goin' that ain't happening..  Cheesy

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 30, 20:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aside that Spore is most ARRed game in history. Congratulations to Securom, who encourages to annoy customers and to pirate your game

Die! Securom! Die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 September 30, 22:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nice to see the biter bit for once. EA bites us, they bite our wallets and they just plain bite!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 October 02, 17:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.girardgibbs.com/Spore.asp?_kk=securom&_kt=ab4da11e-36c2-4686-9632-ad225132aa8f&gclid=CPeIlMjM_pUCFSJIagodV3ZwEA

New Class Action now including many more EA titles with SecuROM.

"Girard Gibbs LLP is currently investigating complaints that certain Electronic Arts computer games, including Spore, Sims 2 expansion packs, Need for Speed, Medal of Honor, and Command and Conquer, automatically install an undisclosed Digital Rights Management program (DRM) called SecuROM on users’ computers. DRM is a form of technology that is used to protect copyrighted material by restricting the consumer’s ability to copy or distribute it.

Some consumers complain that SecuROM, which they are unable to uninstall, disrupts the operation of their computers by interfering with other software, such as anti-virus programs.

If you have purchased Electronic Arts' computer games, or would like to learn more about the SecuROM investigation, please fill out the form below.

Privacy Policy: Girard Gibbs maintains the privacy of your message. We do not transfer your personal information, including your email address, to any third party. Information entered in the form will be used solely for informational purposes to assist in our case investigations."

If you want in, fill out & send your email. (he is calling people back or contacting via email if you don't wish to include phone number) or know someone who this affects, pass it on!  Grin He told me they are adding EA titles as they get more information.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2008 October 02, 18:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just keeps getting better and better.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 October 02, 20:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoot! Requip, have you posted that over at Prism so Lisa can get it on the front page immediately?

Greenie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 October 02, 20:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad that the Girard Gibbs lawsuit is very open about their lawsuit being for any EA game. It's great. Grin

And Kath — Requip did post at Prism. I posted it on BBS and got some replies and many views so far.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 October 02, 20:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoot! Requip, have you posted that over at Prism so Lisa can get it on the front page immediately?

OMG, Kath.....I've been posting this EVERYWHERE today, even on the Amazon Spore forums!  Cheesy Got a person from there who called immediately & signed up! I'm trying to gather people to come forward & join this and I think it's being posted on other gamer forums affected by SecuROM as well.
and trying to keep getting screenshots of stuff too.... Wink

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 October 02, 20:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink I just wanted to check.. I think seeing as the lawyer's pretty clear about what they need there, we can probably pretty much get that one on the front page of RYG straight away..

Speaking of which, RYG's having another busy morning this morning, over 200 in the site when I looked and I'd say this is the reason.. If this new lawsuit is covering lots of games it means people like Paden should be able to get a look in.. and considering she nearly lost the last photos of her dad due to Securom, she's entitled.

hmmm.. I wonder if they need the "SMBurpie lying through their teeth" screenshots.. Cala has those.. Including the infamous "choke them with their usb cables" statement.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: