PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 23:25:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 101647 times)
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED ARR!
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 25, 14:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it comes to The Sims 2 expansions that have SecuRom- it'd be really interesting to see what would happen if the lawyers involved in this suit were informed that Spore isn't the only EA game involved.

He has been informed & expressed interest in gathering information. (yes, he's emailed me back personally) If you have copies of emails from SecuROM tech support or EA, documentation about computer repairs or such....please contact him. He might indeed be interested in hearing about other games that this has been installed on, without the consumers consent or knowledge and what it did to your personal PC, if anything. I really don't care if I get anything out this this monetary wise but I believe the more information the class action has, the better. His email is listed here:

http://www.kamberedelson.com/Himmelfarb.html

I am not by any means suggesting we "flood" his email. I'm asking for help presenting documentation and information about what happened to us?  Grin

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 25, 15:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's fantastic. I really do think that we should seize this opportunity, and give EA some real BUTTHURT!
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 September 25, 15:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do I get the feeling that EA is going to "muscle" their way out of this Cry
I really hope they get a lot of pain out of this.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 September 25, 16:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good.  I just hope it isn't fluffed off and that we'll all have to hear about how EA are just poor, starving, folks trying to survive and how because of  filesharing, some high up muckymuck can no longer afford a gold plated jet airplane or some such other crap.  

Well, Seasons was the last expansion I've bought.  I'd love to try the others, but I don't dare.  I'm not the computer whizz my husband is, if it screws up my computer I'll be at his mercy for when it can be fixed.  I'm not going to pay money to get screwed over.  

I've had several people explain how easy it would be to pirate the expansion packs I'm missing. Until SecRom, i never listened, because I knew I'd be buying them.  Now I'm listening.  

I was curious and yet terrified about the sims and cracks. How do you know that it's safe and not some form of malware or spyware? Is that stuff virus'd all to hell?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 September 25, 16:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This time, they've pissed off enough customers that I don't think they will be able to get out of it. I don't want money, I just want a game that I can put into my computer and not have to worry that it's gonna flip out on me and be unable to do some of the work that it was built for.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 September 25, 16:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good.  I just hope it isn't fluffed off and that we'll all have to hear about how EA are just poor, starving, folks trying to survive and how because of  filesharing, some high up muckymuck can no longer afford a gold plated jet airplane or some such other crap.  

Well, Seasons was the last expansion I've bought.  I'd love to try the others, but I don't dare.  I'm not the computer whizz my husband is, if it screws up my computer I'll be at his mercy for when it can be fixed.  I'm not going to pay money to get screwed over.  

I've had several people explain how easy it would be to pirate the expansion packs I'm missing. Until SecRom, i never listened, because I knew I'd be buying them.  Now I'm listening.  

I was curious and yet terrified about the sims and cracks. How do you know that it's safe and not some form of malware or spyware? Is that stuff virus'd all to hell?

If enough people complain, and get in on the lawsuit then they won't be able to muscle their way out of it.

As for knowing if the cracks are safe, you have to make sure where ever you download is a good resource. Such as downloading from the pirate bay is probably your best bet, or game copy world. Downloading them from limewire will probably kill your computer. I know over at Garden of Shadows they offer a lot of advice for cracked games.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 September 25, 16:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...If the court rules that EA has to stop using it then yes. But they could also rule that from now on EA has to be upfront about SecuROM. All depends on how the lawyers handle it and it plays out. What could also happen is the courts could ban EA from using SecuROM, but EA could develop another program similar to it, give it another name, and just be upfront about it and have the horrid nightmare all over again.

That seems very likely to me. They'll probably just shift gears, get together with Sony again, and come up with another way of monitoring/controlling their customer base. It's becoming more and more apparent to me that EA is being run by a paranoid individual who would rather sink the company than admit he's in the wrong. Until he either steps down or is forced out, EA will continue to lose customer loyalty, continue to create more pirates, and possibly become an easy target for a take-over (Sony?-how tragically funny would that be?).
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 September 25, 16:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I assume that he has (the lawyer requip is referring to) been told about "Reclaim Your Game" and hopefully will check that out as a resource for information with regard to this whole mess.
Wouldn't it be nice to have something happen before Sims 3.  Maybe EA will get butthurt enough to change thier mindsw about using Securom just to avoid more lawsuits then.  Wishfull thinking, I know.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 September 25, 17:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I assume that he has (the lawyer requip is referring to) been told about "Reclaim Your Game"

Yes, see this thread:

http://www.the-prism.com/index.php?topic=670.15

Weren't there more stories from consumers at the older forum? I only see about 20 now?  Huh

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 September 25, 19:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Requip.. can you talk to Anna and she can confirm how many stories we'd collected? I did suggest to the guys that they might want to also get something on the front page letting people know where to contact the guy and find out what help he specifically needs from each person.

Oh god, I WISH they'd get a grip and stop trying to overcontrol their customer base. Snarky's right though, it's more to do with paranoia than anything.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 September 25, 21:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it comes to The Sims 2 expansions that have SecuRom- it'd be really interesting to see what would happen if the lawyers involved in this suit were informed that Spore isn't the only EA game involved.

He has been informed & expressed interest in gathering information. (yes, he's emailed me back personally) If you have copies of emails from SecuROM tech support or EA, documentation about computer repairs or such....please contact him. He might indeed be interested in hearing about other games that this has been installed on, without the consumers consent or knowledge and what it did to your personal PC, if anything. I really don't care if I get anything out this this monetary wise but I believe the more information the class action has, the better. His email is listed here:

http://www.kamberedelson.com/Himmelfarb.html

I am not by any means suggesting we "flood" his email. I'm asking for help presenting documentation and information about what happened to us?  Grin

That's great. The main claimant on this sounds familiar to me, not only because she has a fairly standard name. I seem to remember her posting somewhere about a complaint she'd made to the BBB for SecuROM in a Sims EP.

I added a submission to Sim_Secret at LiveJournal which should go up with all the rest from this week tomorrow. Get the word out where you can is what I'm thinking.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 September 26, 01:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a chat to Lisa this morning, and I think CraigDolphin from the forum is getting some more info from him about what they need, and then Lisa's putting something on the front of RYG.. which hopefully helps because we get a fair bit of traffic.

I can't to it because I'm on an enforced break and Lisa, Courtney, Paden, Dita and more than a few other people will kick my arse if I try doing any work..  Wink

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Land Lubber
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 September 26, 01:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this would help or where to send them all three screens that send my protection into hyperdrive realating to the start up of sims2 freetime

« Last Edit: 2008 September 26, 01:15:33 by fizzbomb » Logged
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 September 26, 01:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relating how? Need more info, plz!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 September 26, 02:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks to me like we have actual proof of a sort that a protection program is classifying SecuROM as Malware and spyware! Hot damn! Come on over to the PRISM and post these shots, they can be used in some way or another, I'm sure of it! Please, please, please! This could give us more buckshot to put into the shells we wanna fire into EA's ass! Nice work, very nice indeed!

http://www.the-prism.com/

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: