PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:43:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073278 times)
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2760 on: 2009 January 25, 07:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My kids get sooooo many lectures on never touching a cigarette. Cheesy

Heh, heh.  You know they'll start just to spite you now   Wink

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: 2009 January 25, 07:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily. My husband and I both smoke. We raised 2 non-smoking boys. Yay us. Are kids are smarter than we were.  Grin

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2762 on: 2009 January 25, 07:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're nice in mine, but playing people's selfsims weirded me out too much so I stopped using that neighborhood.  Embarrassed

Yay for the first part and Boo! for the second part.  Cheesy

Not necessarily. My husband and I both smoke. We raised 2 non-smoking boys. Yay us. Are kids are smarter than we were.  Grin

The elder has no intentions of smoking, but the younger said he wanted to know what it tasted like - just one smoke.  Shocked I told him it doesn't taste like 5 flavours of chocolate, and if he'd ever tasted my secondhand smoke, that would be the taste.  Logic convinces him, and he was convinced.  Also thanks to the chick we met shopping (oh the kindness of gabby strangers) she told him that if he smoked, he would be spending the equivalent of five Playstation 3's in a year.  Nothing more dear to them that a Playstation. Cheesy  Not to mention they can spite their criminologist mother by committing crimes. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2763 on: 2009 January 25, 14:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant by that was normally when you tell kids not to do something, they tend to do it anyway.  Granted I never went through that stage, but then again I'm wierd, and thus an exception to the rule  But if they feel that they've got nothing to rebel against, they're fine.  I'v forgot, how old are your kids anyway.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: 2009 January 25, 16:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My parents both smoke. Now, as an adult, after ten years of living in my own home, I'm glad I don't live with them anymore. Their smoking totally turned me off of it at a young age (the asthma and yearly bouts of bronchitis! Cry), so it's not completely rare that a child would choose to not smoke. My dad's 53 and he hacks like an 80 year old man. I know he's got emphysema without a doctor's confirmation. He can't even sleep at night, so I know he's killing himself, but it's none of my business.

My parents have tried to quit smoking for years. My dad quit for a whole year once but went back to it. I've seen them struggle with it many times, and as much as they want to quit, they just can't seem to do it. It frustrates them, makes me sad, and I wish there was something that I could do to make it easier. I love them and am their only child, and I'd love to have them around for a long, long time.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2765 on: 2009 January 25, 16:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both my parents smoked when I was younger but both had quit by the time I was about 14.  I started smoking at the age of 12, my brother never smoked at all. I used to nick smokes of my Dad when he wasn't looking, I got caught a few times too, lol. 
I stopped smoking nearly 6 months ago now.  I stopped 10 years ago when my Gramps died of lung cancer but only lasted a couple of months. This time I'm up to nearly 6 months and I've no intentions of smoking ever again. My daughter is 12 and she begged me to quit and my hubby stopped too but started again after 11 weeks.  He now smokes outside and we have a smoke free home at long last and I have to say it's so much nicer.  I'm smelling like a hound at the moment though, it's like having an extra sense!
I still long for a smoke on occassion, especially when stressed so I just head for the coffee instead, I didn't put hardly any weight on either which was surprising, maybe a pound or two in the first couple of weeks but that is long gone.
Seeing my Granma wheezing along with emphysema after giving up smoking over 30 years ago scared me into doing something about my habit, I was on about 60 a day, lighting up every ten minutes or less. 
I used nicorette patches and went from 21mg, to 14mg, to 7mg, to nothing over about 8 weeks and I highly recommend them to anyone!

On topic - TSR suck!!!!zao1!!!  And I hear rumours that the community tool creators might be thinking of a "non commercial" line in their own EULA Wink

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: 2009 January 25, 16:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On topic - TSR suck!!!!zao1!!!  And I hear rumours that the community tool creators might be thinking of a "non commercial" line in their own EULA Wink

That would be most beautiful!

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2767 on: 2009 January 25, 16:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be really sweet, but it's a shame nobody needs to listen to what a creator has to say, just like we don't need to pay any attention to any creator's TOU. If people like TSR don't mind going against EA's own rules, why would they mind pissing of a few community members? But it's good news all the same. Mind if I ask where you picked up these rumours?
(Curious Devilfish is curious Tongue)

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: 2009 January 25, 16:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm allergic to the patch, so that isn't an option for me. The gum makes me throw up and after how sick I got last night for only God knows why, I don't wanna do that either. My parents both smoked. My dad smoked cigars and my mother smoked cigs. She died at age 42 from congestive heart failure, which was caused by smoking, the early form of the birth control pill and a scarred heart from rheumatic fever as a child.

She smoked with all of her pregnancies and lived on coffee, often drinking a business size percolator of the shit a day. One of those HUGE ones that you see in an office building. She liked it strong and that's how I made it for her. None of us made it away without having at least tried cigarettes, something that I constantly have to point out to my one sister that I'm still on speaking terms with when she claims that she has "never" smoked in her life. She made the mistake of telling me that she HAD tried smoking but stopped after a couple of months. I will never let her claim to be snow white in that respect while I'm in ear shot. Cheesy

Most of my siblings have stopped smoking, but none of them started as early as I did, which I attribute to the oldest sister handing me a joint at age 12 and telling me to go ahead and try smoking since everyone does. I didn't know it wasn't regular tobacco, so gave it a whirl. I sat in a corner and giggled for the rest of the night, then passed out. It wasn't hard to go to regular smokes after that. Did you know that it's not actually the tobacco that is so bad for you but that the filters at the end of the thing that make it so much worse? Look it up. A friend's father died of lung cancer and he informed that family of the fact, complete with documentation. I still refuse to smoke studs any more though, got tired of spitting tobacco flakes out all of the time. UGH!

Back on the proper target: I do hope that the free creators, if any pop up for the next generation of the game, are able to put stipulations and conditions on what their tools can be used for, although I think with EA and T$R in bed together, it's going to get ignored as being irrelevant to their interests. I find myself wishing that while thing will be abolished, meaning the tolerance for pay sites, when the new game does come out, but that is likely a pipedream. Sorry for being such a downer at the moment, I've been pretty sick since last night after what I suspect was food poisoning made me wanna die as I rejected any and all food.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2769 on: 2009 January 25, 17:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant by that was normally when you tell kids not to do something, they tend to do it anyway.  Granted I never went through that stage, but then again I'm wierd, and thus an exception to the rule  But if they feel that they've got nothing to rebel against, they're fine.  I'v forgot, how old are your kids anyway.

Oh I've been informed by the 12, that he intends to drink underage, and I can't stop him. Cheesy I also have a 106 year old.  Both have their birthdays soon and my 12 is going to highschool on the morrow. He looks so cute in his big boy uniform. Tongue

That would be most beautiful!

I agree - wonderful news.  I hope for it - but even if they don't do it, hopefully they'll ask for a percentage of the earnings. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: 2009 January 25, 17:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You remind me of that guy who swore up and down that the best cure for my chronic depression and psychosis was to buckle down and want it bad enough. Because if you reach for the stars and dream the dream and just wish the pain away, your brain will magically start making chemicals it can't possibly make for various biological and genetic reasons. Because biology is perseverance's bitch.

I've heard that before from the medical industry... It's often coupled with a lame story about how some people can walk on hot coals without getting burnt. As if walking on hot coals was a healthy thing to be encouraged...  Grin

They figured out on Mythbusters how walking on coals actually works.  It's not mind over matter at all, it's physics at work.  I forget the actual science of it now, but it's not a miracle or the mind being stronger than your body at any rate.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2771 on: 2009 January 25, 17:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Mythbusters has been wonrg once or twice too - like where they proved it wasn't possible to arrow shoot another arrow in half.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: 2009 January 25, 19:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but Mythbusters has been wonrg once or twice too - like where they proved it wasn't possible to arrow shoot another arrow in half.

Of course they've been wrong a few times; doesn't mean they've been wrong every time, though. And in this case they are absolutely right, there is nothing magical about and very little danger to firewalking.

More info below:
Firewalking Myth vs. Physics
The Straight Dope: Can you Walk on Hot Coals in Bare Feet and Not Get Burned
The Physics and Fantasy of Firewalking
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2773 on: 2009 January 25, 19:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think there is anything magical - but I do think your mental state -does- have a bearing.  Besides 'magic' is really quantum physics anyway Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: 2009 January 25, 20:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A "special" mental state to firewalk? I completely disagree, and physics is on my side Wink. I could be thinking about getting a hamburger, red hot firey coals, that dress I wore the day before, and/or the North Pole, and I 'm still not going to get burned, so long as I walk across fast enough.

And quantum physics as an "explanation" for anything other than quantum physics? You've really hit on one of my biggest pet peeves there, SoggyFox.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: