PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:25:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070751 times)
Fluffeth
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2160 on: 2008 December 08, 03:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Hen from a feather"? That's a very strange expression. In what country/language is this expression commonly used?
It's a common swedish saying used about something being blown way out of porportion.
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2161 on: 2008 December 08, 04:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Hen from a feather"? That's a very strange expression. In what country/language is this expression commonly used?
It's a common swedish saying used about something being blown way out of porportion.

Swedish, hey?  Intriguing... Grin

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
Fluffeth
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 2008 December 08, 04:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Swedish, hey?  Intriguing... Grin
Yeah.... I thought so too. It would be quite a fitting location for a potential TSR troll Tongue
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 2008 December 08, 05:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Identity theft, based on a name? How unique is a name?
And you think the TSR FA's would attempt such a thing?  Roll Eyes

As was discussed before, potentially very. I am the only person on the globe with my name. Not even First-Middle-Last unique, simple First-Last unique.

The point is that you can't know. We had an employee at my business four years ago who stole credit card numbers from students. We had done a background check before on them and it came up clean. Either they had never done this sort of thing before, or something just snapped. At a former job, an employee quit and then used information they had gained from our database to steal another employee's identity.

The safest thing is to not share information. Afterall, what good could actually be accomplished by posting someone's address and personal phone number? None. So why do it?

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: 2008 December 08, 06:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What gets me more pissed is that they're posting this information for mere pixels.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2165 on: 2008 December 08, 06:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Monkey fails to see the logic now.
* I'd read that forum post if it wouldn't require a login. But it's not about TSR is it? Do you have evidence TSR is sharing PayPal information obtained from their own PayPal account? Otherwise i'd like to remove your point and set it back to 0-0.
* So why haven't we seen it yet?

For the record, harassing someone is wrong regardless of who it is and what it is for.
I'm sure you have never talked about anything else than long healthy lives for the folks at TSR and other paysites here, right?
Defamation, that is totally not what Coconut is trying to accomplish with the Atwa-Thomas saga, right?

* It's logical - private means private, the opposite of public.  They now know their forum is public, yet they choose to continue being info sharing dicks.
* You know it's not about TSR? It's about TSR - Sasilia and her sharing of Paypal information at TSR, so score is not reset.  I have authoritative information, and you do not.
* Because you're not going to see any private information - ever, and coconut owes you nothing - particularly as everything they would say would be countered by you. I mean they showed TSR publishing private information, with names, addresses and emails, long after they were any use, and you said "well it happened long ago - a whole five months - it's over now". So nothing would be good enough for you - why bother.

For the record, defamation has to be untrue. With all the screenshots about it, this is why TSR isn't screaming about defamation.  And that's why BlackGarden and ulkrhsn will not be able to talk about being defamed - they were in fact, revealed.

Yep, it's a tard, do not lick it.

PMBD is not MATY. We discuss things because other people thinking along the same lines will read and maybe rethink. Happens lots. All those guests - they haven't been persuaded yet.

TSR can suck my cyberballs.

Your entire post was wonderful, but this - this was pure win. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: 2008 December 08, 12:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* It's logical - private means private, the opposite of public.  They now know their forum is public, yet they choose to continue being info sharing dicks.
* You know it's not about TSR? It's about TSR - Sasilia and her sharing of Paypal information at TSR, so score is not reset.  I have authoritative information, and you do not.
* Because you're not going to see any private information - ever, and coconut owes you nothing - particularly as everything they would say would be countered by you. I mean they showed TSR publishing private information, with names, addresses and emails, long after they were any use, and you said "well it happened long ago - a whole five months - it's over now". So nothing would be good enough for you - why bother.

For the record, defamation has to be untrue. With all the screenshots about it, this is why TSR isn't screaming about defamation.  And that's why BlackGarden and ulkrhsn will not be able to talk about being defamed - they were in fact, revealed.

* You're making the assumption that they intend to have the information made public yet you make it sound like a fact.
* That information did not come from TSR now did it?
* Did it ever occur to you that coconut's interpretation on what's really going on might be a little biased?

It's pretty easy to take something out of context, adding a suitable comment and make it look far worse or give it
a whole different meaning than it had in the original context.
Have you ever said something in private within a group of friends that would look pretty bad taken out of that context?
Do you think we're getting the whole picture from coconut or could coconut just be showing us stuff that suits the agenda?
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2167 on: 2008 December 08, 13:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* You're making the assumption that they intend to have the information made public yet you make it sound like a fact.
* That information did not come from TSR now did it?
* Did it ever occur to you that coconut's interpretation on what's really going on might be a little biased?

It's pretty easy to take something out of context, adding a suitable comment and make it look far worse or give it
a whole different meaning than it had in the original context.
Have you ever said something in private within a group of friends that would look pretty bad taken out of that context?
Do you think we're getting the whole picture from coconut or could coconut just be showing us stuff that suits the agenda?

* They knew that forum was being published online - so they did not care about whether it was public or not - they are confident in sheeple loyalty - more fool them. You're also making the assumption that jassims would consent to have information of hers copypasta'd all over the web.
* FA from TSR is good enough for me - and the fact that they did not delete it. Since you haven't read it, you are truly talking out of your arse.
* Did it ever occur to you that rarely is anyone truly unbiased, particularly those liable to debate it - if you think we're going to look to you as an unbiased messiah, think again TSRbot.

Out of context? How is suggesting calling a person who sells your mesh reasonable - put that harassment in any context you like. Then put it in the context of the entire post, which was in fact screenshotted, and therefore *is in context*. You can crap on about out of context when it's one line - but in the context of previous information sharing going on, with paypal information disclosure threats, and them actually publishing information unnecessarily, over and over, BlackGarden and ulkrhsn are deeply, deeply stupid.

And if you think I'm going to get into details with you about what I think about coconut, you're sadly mistaken. What I know, what I think, you are the very last person that I would discuss this with. You're clearly looking for a way to hurt them, and they have done nothing but help our cause and make fewer subscribers. Seeing as TSR outright lies, often and all the time - why exactly is it a bad thing that there is one dissenter? Answer is, it's not. 

And in fact, BlackGarden (what a surprise) has broken the terms of whois:

The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from us. The Registrar of record is Directi Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com. We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

So in context, again - she's not only breaking social mores of the sims community, but also the terms of use for whois. By disseminating that information, she has actually broke the rules of that site. But we already know she completely ignores terms and legal contracts unless they're in her interest. Bugger the actual law - BlackGarden does what she likes.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: 2008 December 08, 13:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from us. The Registrar of record is Directi Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com. We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

So in context, again - she's not only breaking social mores of the sims community, but also the terms of use for whois. By disseminating that information, she has actually broke the rules of that site. But we already know she completely ignores terms and legal contracts unless they're in her interest. Bugger the actual law - BlackGarden does what she likes.

Troll =  Huh
Calalily =  Cheesy

Calilily = WIN!

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Elphaba
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2008 December 08, 13:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me for suggesting that TSR may have two braincells to rub together but seeing as it's already been concluded that knowing we get wind of these sorts of posts they threw this out there to see what we do isn't it a bit suspicious that this TSR spy/troll has now appeared?
It strikes me that they were reading this and thought 'No fair, not the reaction we wanted. Let's send someone over there to poke them with a stick'

To the troll: It is SOOOOOO obvious you're just trying to rile people. No one is as dense as you're coming across. Stop repeating yourself and go away. Or don't go away and try actually reading the responses for once. Then thinking about them. Then thinking some more. Then reading coconuts blog. Then thinking twice more. THEN try posting again once you've got some information to back up your opinion.
Are you rolling your eyes thinking 'why should I do what you say I'm right' (presuming you've read this which is unlikely, admittedly) then you've just proved my point and you're a TSR sheep.

Have fun with this.

At the very least count to 30 before you hit reply, let it sink in before the moron points everyone here is assigning you go through the roof

Nurture your inner 0. Cherish your inner 6. Squish your inner 12 into a tiny box so they can't open their mouths and embarrass you
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: 2008 December 08, 13:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Reads all replies to Said Troll, shakes head and mumbles "Dense" and goes back to reading*

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2171 on: 2008 December 08, 13:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Troll =  Huh
Calalily =  Cheesy

Calilily = WIN!

macaque is useful in that they bring us together. Cheesy I bet you $10 bucks they come back and say I took that agreement out of context.  Tongue

Forgive me for suggesting that TSR may have two braincells to rub together but seeing as it's already been concluded that knowing we get wind of these sorts of posts they threw this out there to see what we do isn't it a bit suspicious that this TSR spy/troll has now appeared?

Looks like it's a TSR bot, which convinces no one - but at least allows for persuasive argument, that were anyone not a TSRbot reading, has the chance to convince them how right PMBD is.  Happened lots on the S2C debates.  You might be arguing with a completely repetitive tool of TSR, but someone else reads it and rethinks. This is probably one of the FAs in that thread, if not deeply stupid BlackGarden trying damage limitation - ironically getting more gawking on this thread by guests than would have happened.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2172 on: 2008 December 08, 14:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap! Holy crap!  Zip...POW....BAM!

This is why I looooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee you.

try actually reading the responses for once. Then thinking about them. Then thinking some more. Then reading coconuts blog. Then thinking twice more. THEN try posting again once you've got some information to back up your opinion.

I have already suggested that M read the stuff that is available for his/her perusal.  Unfortunately, I think M is suffering from TSR damage and will not see beyond his/her little sandbox (to borrow M's phrase).  What is sad, to me, is that chances are that if M does finally go outside of the Platonic cave and views reality, they will be the next target.

It has been clearly shown by screencaps that:
TSR lies. The PTB over there lie to mods, members, staff, FA's, SA's.....

Thomas manipulates other people into doing his dirty work.

Thomas keeps bringing atwa back again and again despite his being the only person who wants her there. Even after telling the FA's she was gone.  Lie.

TSR shares personal information of it's members. The people there do this in both forum and PM.   Whether it was gotten from paypal or from it's member roster, I DO NOT CARE.  It is wrong.  It is immoral.  It is unethical. Again, there is NO valid reason whatsoever to post that information in any forum.  Most especially a forum that has been posted everywhere.  Even if it was completely private, there is still no good reason to post that information.  Walt made the Mod area visible at Insim.  I looked.  THERE WAS NO PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED THERE.  Even with people they banned.  They limited it to screen names.  There is a good reason people use screen names and not their real names, you know. 

TSR holds creations hostage. I don't want my stuff associated with that place any more.  DIRECTLY due to the personal information sharing.  Thomas told me to forget it.

Now it looks like the EA EULA is not the only thing the idiots at TSR are breaking.  The whois TOU is also broken.  Nice job Blackgarden.  You are a world class moron. 

Have I missed anything?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
original_sim
Landlubber

Damn it feels good to be a pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: 2008 December 08, 16:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is a screenshot biased? I did see the whole picture. Screenshots of people's personal info. Saw it with my own eyes. Saw people threaten to phone harass. Please to shut up now?

"I believe you have my stapler..."

Milton, Office Space 1999
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2174 on: 2008 December 08, 16:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or suggest that maybe it would be a good idea to flood MTS2 with a few free items, featured in pictures of lots of pay items, in order to lure people over to TSR,

I remember this clearly as it happened on the SA forum for sure.  It pissed me off and I frankly stated it was a bad idea.   Fortunately, they dropped the idea, but still-it was kind of slimy.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: