PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:04:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070403 times)
enrico palazzo
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #795 on: 2008 October 13, 04:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fark it. I botched the first send and now your PMs are full. Here's take two:

(link removed)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: 2008 October 13, 04:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fark it. I botched the first send and now your PMs are full. Here's take two:

Got it! you can delete the link now!  And I owe you big time.  Why did I not screenshot my own freaking page? Stupid!

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2008 October 13, 04:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How could they have erased your journal so fast?  That's... ridiculous. 

I have sent in a support ticket, so we will see what the LJ people say.  If it is because of certain people, you can rest assured that this is not over. 

Maybe because it contains those rumors Atwa started? She claimed she didn't, but, well, yeah. I can think of a few theories involving Atwa, Thomas, Oedipal complexes and whips, but no one wants to hear those Tongue. I bet Atwa was a lot more bothered by your post than coconut's. I doubt the TSR idiots realize coconut's post makes them look bad anyway.

Coconuts posts show them doing something in violatation of privacy acts everywhere.  Mine just shows some crazy. 

Certainly. But I think the only person from that thread who realize it's a violation of privacy and other illegal stuff is Thomas. Thomas keeps his head down. The rest of them really and truly believe they're the good guys and we're the bad guys, I think.

I'm just wildly hypothesizing here. Maybe LJ wasn't willing to take down proof of illegal activity, but was of a perceived attack on one individual that just had to do with her nuttitude?

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2008 October 13, 04:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... I've been thinking about it.

LiveJournal usually sends a letter telling people why they were suspended.  Have you checked your email?

All I can think of is that one of the authors of the PM's complained that you were publishing private information.  

Your page is still up at TSR.  So is Darqstars.   I'm surprised, because I'd figure that if it was Thomas or Atwat complaining, they'd shut down your TSR page and then Darqstar's.  I'd try logging into TSR if I were you and see if your account there is still active.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: 2008 October 13, 04:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... I've been thinking about it.

LiveJournal usually sends a letter telling people why they were suspended.  Have you checked your email?

All I can think of is that one of the authors of the PM's complained that you were publishing private information. 

Your page is still up at TSR.  So is Darqstars.   I'm surprised, because I'd figure that if it was Thomas or Atwat complaining, they'd shut down your TSR page and then Darqstar's.  I'd try logging into TSR if I were you and see if your account there is still active. 

I just checked my email and nothing from them except for the recipt of the support ticket.  Good idea, though.

Now, I see my account is suspended, not just the journal.  This is kind of fun! I feel so powerful.  HA!

Xeon_Black
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: 2008 October 13, 04:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uh.. actually haven't closed Tomato's livejournal site on my browser, so everything is still there. Left it open 'cuz I haven't the chance to read through yet  Wink

Should I make screenshots too? Although I think Tomato would've already have everything from enrico palazzo Smiley
jfade
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2008 October 13, 04:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been asked to come here and clear up some misunderstandings about me. I was first told at the horrible hour of about 7 AM as I was getting ready to quit IRC to leave the house for a weekend trip. I didn't bother replying then, and forgot about it (mostly) over the weekend. Now that I'm back, it seems that some of you are confused by who I am and what I do on TSR. Allow me to set the record straight:

1. I was never, nor am I now, a FA.
2. I was and still am a forum mod.
3. I am a modder and programmer that contributes to the community at large.

I am not as active on TSR as I used to be. In fact, I'm not as active on any site anymore, mostly due to lack of time, what with being in college and spending most of my remaining free time writing, programming, or doing other activities I can actually enjoy. Most of the free time I have is spent on IRC channels instead of the forums.

Like it or not, I basically consider TSR my “home.” It was the first site I registered on when we got the Internet back in the glory days of Napster and dialup. I was twelve at the time. From there I learned how to make craptastic recolors, moved on to making hacks for the Sims 1, and right near the end of it all, made my very first program. (Sims Skin Manager Plus!. Yes, I was young.)

Where did I learn to recolor? Where did I learn a lot about hacking? Where did I learn how the skn, cmx, and bmp files were tied together? That's right, TSR! No matter what other sites I register at in this community (Sims 1 or 2), I still always consider TSR my home, and have many friends there.

I always felt, though, that I would be welcomed pretty much anywhere I went. I mean, after all, I have a site, I create free stuff for the community, and most people tend to respect that, especially if the rules say they should. That's why I feel comfortable hanging out at N99, TSR, and MATY simultaneously, and still do now. (I'm in TSR's chat and MATY's chat at this very moment.)

So, you can imagine how I felt when I was told that people at PMBD were angry at me...

[06:25:03] <Pescado> The PMBDers have noticed Jfade's TSR connection and have gone apeshit again.

I'm a free creator but they're mad at me because I'm at TSR? Wha? Weren't they aware of this fact already?

So I came to look, only to find people basically mad at me over a screenshot of a post made ages ago about Wikipedia and how I felt that one of the editors there was being a little bit too controlling. (Yes, I still feel this way about Wikis in general, which is why I haven't bothered updating the Sims 2 Wiki because someone would just come and undo it immediately afterwards again with something stupid like [needs citation] or some such nonsense.)

That's it, and suddenly I'm an evil person? Even if it were true that I was a FA at one point in time, you'd still be upset by it?

I searched, and he's not anymore, so yay!  But boo because I never thought he was.  It actually makes me sadder when a creator goes pay or has been pay and I didn't know it.

So I pay out of pocket, every month, for a website where I distribute my hacks and programs that apparently you all like and use, (not to mention the other sites that I host) and yet you still think of me as a horrible, rotten person because of the fact that I am connected to TSR?

You know, neriana, maybe you're correct:

ETA: Interesting signature, jfade. Yes, trying to please everyone will lead to failure. As far as I can tell, you didn't take that advice to heart.

I have been trying to please everyone, doing exactly the opposite of what my signature says. That ends here. From this point out, I'm going to do what I want, when I want, for myself. No more requests, no more listening to endless feature requests for programs, nothing! I'm going to make things when I want to for my own enjoyment and share them with the community at large when I feel like it, and I'm going to continue to associate with all of the “evil” people at TSR because they are my friends. In the end, I could care less what you or anyone else thinks about that.

You may address any further concerns, apologies, or insults to jfade AT djssims DOT com if you can be arsed to do so. I will not be replying to anything else here.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: 2008 October 13, 05:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uh.. actually haven't closed Tomato's livejournal site on my browser, so everything is still there. Left it open 'cuz I haven't the chance to read through yet  Wink

Should I make screenshots too? Although I think Tomato would've already have everything from enrico palazzo Smiley

Definately!

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2008 October 13, 05:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never said you were a horrible person.  I didn't see anyone saying you are, compared to Thomass and Atwat (sorry, not losing the nicknames here).  I still think TSR is a cesspit, no matter how many homey feelings you have for it.  It makes me sad because you don't have to be there.  You're Awesome.

ETA: Also, before people think I'm blowing over the pirates just to be friends, I still think that knowing about TSR breaking Paypal's TOU and not doing anything about it is heinous.  I forgave AG for it because since she has gone free, I've seen nothing but good intentions toward us and filesharers.  And I find it funny that the one quote that says you're not a horrible person (my quote) is used.  I'm sad because someone so good at creating and such is at TSR, and I'm sad for the community.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2008 October 13, 05:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade, nice how you completely evaded the fact that you posted in a thread where TSR was sharing peoples' private information and talking about illegal attacks on PMBD. That's what we were concerned about, not the stupid wiki. But I can't say I'm surprised by your response.

And Pescado, you've seen apeshit enough to know that was quite an exaggeration Roll Eyes.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: 2008 October 13, 05:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please make copies Xeon_Black!  I didn't get a chance to read it.   Sad  Is it another "Look what a bitch Atwat is" things?

That would be amazing to me.  It's not the fact that she is an uber bitch, but more of an overall awe of where the hell does she find the time to piss so many people off?  I mean I know she certainly doesn't spend any of it trying improve her recoloring skills but still.  Every time I turn around there are screen caps somewhere, a story about something she has done to someone.  I mean I wouldn't have even known who the hell she was if it wasn't for people constantly complaining about her, and the fact that I am still hearing new stories makes me wonder if there are really two people posing as Atwa working overtime just to make sure she ends up being thought of as the biggest bitch TS2 has ever seen.  

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
BootStrapBill
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2008 October 13, 05:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for heaven's sake, leave him alone.  Hanging out on TSR doesn't make someone evil any more than being a Muslim makes someone a terrorist.  Jfade has contributed a great deal to the community and has never charged money for his work.  He shouldn't have to give up his old friends and haunts just because the place has changed since he got there.  Aren't there some real paysite owners out there who need harrassing?
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2008 October 13, 05:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for heaven's sake, leave him alone.  Hanging out on TSR doesn't make someone evil any more than being a Muslim makes someone a terrorist.  Jfade has contributed a great deal to the community and has never charged money for his work.  He shouldn't have to give up his old friends and haunts just because the place has changed since he got there.  Aren't there some real paysite owners out there who need harrassing?

If someone knew his friends planned to blow up a building and didn't tell anyone about it I'd be pretty damn pissed. And now I wait for someone to come along and accuse me of acting like TSR are terrorists Tongue.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #808 on: 2008 October 13, 05:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Harassment? Mentioning that he posted on that site is not harassment.

Most of the mentions were YAY he's free now or expressing disappointment that he participated in that thread - nothing apeshit about it.  I was disappointed to see jfade post there.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 2008 October 13, 05:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please.

I was fine with him.  However, I'm still upset that he's at TSR.  I don't think that every person at TSR or who has been at TSR is evil.  However, he still sat in a thread while illlegal stuff was going on.  And unlike Aikea Guinea, he hasn't addressed it at all.

I'll say it again.

NOT EVERY PERSON WHO IS AT TSR OR HAS BEEN AT TSR IS EVIL.  HOWEVER, I WILL ALWAYS THINK AND SAY THAT YOU SHOULDN'T BE THERE.

You don't have to listen to me.  There's nothing I can do to make you.  I could talk all day and get my GoSling friends to persuade you to leave.  But I won't stop saying that TSR sucks just because you like it.  I'll salute the fact that you have a free site, that you pay for, but I still will be honest and say your "haunt" sucks.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: