PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 15:12:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1071488 times)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2640 on: 2009 January 18, 21:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, BG is really quite an obnoxious c*** isn't she?

And since I can be sure she's reading this... BG?  This is for you. 

EA games can do whatever the hell they want.  They could come out with a statement that allowed TSR to continue.  They could have sold them a "license" that allowed them the right to "sell" the stuff.  Of course, they might have then had to come out with an official version of SimPE.   

Only one EULA was changed and it wasn't changed well.  TSR yapped and yapped that Bon Voyage would contain this magical EULA that would give them permission.  It didn't.  Oh, that's okay, it must only be because they didn't have time!  Well, Freetime didn't have it.  Nor did any of the stuff packs or Apartment life.

And, the latest version of Homecrafter that I downloaded a few weeks ago, had the same old EULA.  Surely EA games had more than enough time to change that, didn't they?  Why not? 

You can blame the pirates for all your woes, but the truth is it's EA games.  They have the power to end it, they refuse.  A lot of folks here (myself being one of them) have clearly stated that if EA comes out and says, "Paysites are okay" we are out of here.    Several of us even feel that if all EA games did was come out and say, "TSR is cool, we have no problem with what they're doing" that we'd expect all the TSR booty to be removed.   So no, it's not a case of we're all just greedy.  Especially not greedy for TSR stuff.  Most of us avoid things in the booty, and prefer to find better made, free things.  The folks who really use the booty are mostly lurkers and idiots. 

As for your whole "We paysites were invited to the party, but MTS2 wasn't,"  You folks regularly brag that you have people at EAxis i in your back pocket, being bribed.  Of course, if you dangle money in front of some people's face, they'll jump pretty high, you are all living proof of that.  So, naturally, EA is going to invite you to the teaparty.  Certain people don't want their little cash cow to toss a fit. 

If TS3 comes out with a EULA that makes it clear that paysites or at least TSR is allowed to run a commercial website and make a profit selling items for TS3, then I will never download any payfiles that I haven't paid for.   I will never participate in a place like this either.   So no, dear, it isn't greed, it's a case of what is right and what is wrong.  Of course, I have no intention of owning TS3, unless they get rid of Suckrom, but that's not TSR's problem, is it? 

If Eaxis loves your asses so much, why don't they come out with an official statement saying they support you?   

It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of right and wrong.  But of course, to you, that's about the same thing, isn't it? 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2641 on: 2009 January 18, 21:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, BG is really quite an obnoxious cunt isn't she?

Fixed for truth. Cheesy

And since I can be sure she's reading this... BG?  This is for you. 

Dude - you are so going to get your own 70 page thread like Chaz.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: 2009 January 18, 22:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, BG is really quite an obnoxious cunt isn't she?

Fixed for truth. Cheesy

*Sniggers*  I did read the FAQ, and I wasn't sure if that word might be pushing the envelope of what's allowed here.

Dude - you are so going to get your own 70 page thread like Chaz.

A thread about me at TSR?  Nah, if I get anything, it'll probably be a few posts in another thread.  they'll probably say I'm a bitch, and then someone will remark that I'm envious of their great talent.  If Thomas weighs in, he'll tell them that I'm just a bitter person, because he had to banish me from SA'dom, because I thought it was more important to take care of my very sick mother than to make pixels, that clearly, I'm harboring a great big Hate On because surely, I lived for being an SA and I'm all upset now that I'm not.

Then, Padre will talk about how sad this whole thing is making him and how he's no longer able to concentrate.  Other, random FA's will come along and say stupid things that basically boil down to "I can haz all your attentions?"  because we all know FA's can only stand to watch something not be about them for about ten seconds, then they get antsy.   

sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: 2009 January 18, 22:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of right and wrong.  But of course, to you, that's about the same thing, isn't it? 

Full of win and the truth there darqstar. 

Then again, BG works for T$R making her quite dumb...so she probably wouldn't know the difference anyway.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: 2009 January 18, 22:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is she yammering about with the content making tools? I thought most of the innovative and useful ones were made by FREE creators? And yeah, I do think that EA hates paysites so much that they bring them to their creator camp. It is said, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer." From the shit they make for the game, you certainly cannot define T$R as any kind of friend that you would trust with knowing your name. BG, you suck now and you will suck then, nothing is going to make your level of creativity acceptable to anyone other than a blind masturbating mouse. Skillz, you don't haz them! Neither do many of the other cunts there, so get it through your head that nothing short of EA coming out and saying that you are partners will get you left alone. Although, it won't stop folks from speaking the truth and saying your stuff is shit, plain and simple.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: 2009 January 18, 22:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA's totally going to love Coconut's SS of BlackGarden spewing sekrit shtuff about them.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: 2009 January 19, 01:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's the one that just rips off all the Xbox & Wii stuff right?  Nice.

Awfully smug for a hack wouldn't you say.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: 2009 January 19, 01:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awfully smug for a hack wouldn't you say.

You could say that about most of the FA staff.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2648 on: 2009 January 19, 02:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the normal plebs may not be able to pull off a TSR baleetion, but FAs sure can.

Madisim has left the building tonight, wiping his profile clean, and deleting all his downloads:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Madisim

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: 2009 January 19, 02:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"And another one down, and another one down... another one bites the dust!"
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: 2009 January 19, 03:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice. God, I wish I could just delete everything of mine off their damnable site.  Wonder what hapened to make them split?

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 2009 January 19, 03:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BG needs to learn how to use her brain.  Then again, she just keeps showing that she can't.

"These people are a bunch of cheap cunts who won't pay for things that they know they should because they would prefer to keep the money.  Well wouldn't we all?  But not everything in life is free."

Wow BG.  Resorting to naming us cunts - people you don't even know over the internet and not to mention a game - is...well, not very nice at all.  Notice how I didn't say anything mean?  Shocking, no? 

Now, as for the "paying for things that we should", you're saying that we should buy things such as pixels for a mere game.  A game for our computer.  Right.  I'd rather buy real life products than pixels, thank you.  I think that's our reason to "keep the money" as you put it.

Really now BG, just because you and the other FA make money with these so called "creations", doesn't mean we can't share them with people.  I bet you've seen this a thousand times but it's like we're sharing a CD that we bought at a store with a friend.  I can let the friend keep it.  Same goes with a movie.  One can burn it too just as long as we, oh I don't know, don't sell it ourselves.  Really, what are they going to do?  Come to our houses spouting how evil and wrong it is do that?  People do things like this to make copies in case we loose it.  Downloading, of course, is a whole other matter and not related to my example since I know you and others over at TSR (not all, just some) love to twist words. 

So, learn what illegal really means before you and others spout off such nonsense, BG.

Edit: Fixed grammar and added some words to be more clear.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2652 on: 2009 January 19, 05:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, we won't pay for things we know we should because we prefer to keep the money?  This twit is right about only one thing - would much rather keep the money than waste it.  But wrong about paying for custom content.

Most games these days have some custom content.  That custom content is created by members of that community because the people doing it do it for fun.  The Sims is unique in that of all the games with CC online, its the only one where you have to actually spend money to download CC.

Paysites may have come about because, and I may be wrong about this, in the beginning struggling artists couldn't find the money to pay for their bandwidth.  But soon people came on board who did it not entirely because making CC was fun (and I'm sure they still think it is) but because they think making heaps of money is fun.  And I'm not going to argue with that philosophy.  It can be fun to make heaps of money.  To some who lack a sense of moral code, ripping off people and fooling people into thinking that its just to pay for the um, server fees is fun.  But folks if its just for the server fees, why charge so fucking much?  No.  Truth to tell, with well over a million computers world wide with the Sims installed and well over half of that going online to download CC there is the potential for millions of dollars to be made in paysites.  These greedy, cunning little SOBs know this.

Why, please tell, should we pay for Custom Content for our game, when no other community in existence does this?  I bet, if there wasn't any profit to be made out of all of this, T$R would not be saying that people should pay for CC.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to hear that EA has been recieving a percentage of the profit from TSR (in other words arse fucking them).  It would explain why so many TSR members are going to be at this little camp.  EA wants to surround themselves with their feral little whores to show the rest of their software competition just how big a pimp they are.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: 2009 January 19, 05:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really though, you just can't take BlackGarden too seriously since she sucks at pretty much everything. I do, however, get a kick out of the fact that she's stupid enough to believe whatever EA and Dishonest Thomass tell her to believe.

Gullible twat is gullible and easily led by the nose.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 2009 January 19, 08:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you don't see that everyday, a cunt talking out it's arse.  The booty isn't free, it comes at a very high price.  The cost of subscription plus the risk that your personal info will be shared.  People do not expect anything for nothing, they donate to their favourite free site if they can, those that cannot donate usually go on to make CC as free creators just to put back into the community.  For BG to then go on to say that EA is pro pay but anti freesite is stupidity beyond stupidity.  The general rule is any adult content is a no no, that is why MTS2 isn't invited.  As if TSR is innocent of that.  BG gave us some nice examples of what TSR sees as PG13 content.  If TSR was so confident of it's content, they would be free and know for sure that donations would fly in.  The relationship between TSR and EA means nothing to this community, they will never get the respect free creators do.  To run a paysite selling pixels in such economic gloom is crass and beyond contempt.

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: