PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:31:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW  (Read 54002 times)
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW
« Reply #90 on: 2006 December 19, 19:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. I just looked at the latest Peggy hair - the long wavy one - and not only can't the girl convert these damn meshes correctly, she can't even bin them properly.

She has the same fucking family set for all her recolours. All TWELVE of them! You can't set the same family for 12 fucking recolours!!!! Doing so means it'll majorly fuck up during age transitions. Ugh. Moron.

Just further proof that she doesn't ever play the damned game. Between the poser swiping and the total fucking incompetency, I'm pretty pissed off, so if you'll excuse me for some of the language.
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 December 19, 20:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

idtaminger - sorry about the dense licensing quote.  It's the last sentence of the paragraph that sort of tells it all: "The distribution of models created using any of the above examples is strictly prohibited, and none of these methods will result in a mesh that is not still subject to DAZ's copyright".  

My understanding is that if you turn a Poser hair into a Sims hair the copyright still belongs to the original creator.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 December 19, 20:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So then, it sound like each individual creator would have to give permission before any derivative work could be legitimately redistributed.

Thanks for the clarification, very useful. The 3D site is very interesting. I'm itching to learn more about meshing now.
« Reply #93 on: 2006 December 19, 20:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading that giant thread my already high opinion of Nouk is now astronomical. Cheesy If this gets off of the ground, it'll be really, really awesome. I don't have a lot of free time, but I'll certainly do some recolours/retextures of stuff when the time comes, since I've been planning to finally share the clothes I make for myself.

[edit] Who is that Crocobaura person and why is s/he trying to piss on everyone's parade? Yes, some Poser artists may say no to the project - then the people doing the project move on to another artist. Methinks someone has something against the hoi polloi using whatever neat hair s/he has gotten, too.
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 December 19, 21:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poser artist are pretty cool about sharing stuff.  Like Sims there are paysites like Renderosity (which also has a free section) and completely free sites.  

Kozaburo ( http://digitalbabes2.com/ )has all sorts of free things and his stuff is the most frequently lifted without credit by Paysites.   His definition of "free" means you can use the hairs and clothes in your images but cannot distribute them.   Paysite owners seem to skip the read me.  Then again maybe they have asked permission -- I've used stuff by Kozaburo as a base and had no problems getting a permission.

For links to free Poser content check out: http://www.handspanstudios.com/links.html [/url]
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 December 19, 21:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm re-reading the whole thread just for the pleasure it gives me.

Quote from: "sidneydoj"
So we had several threads which had to be closed and deleted arguing over whether or not people like Peggy and Rose were getting ripped off when their pay meshes were being given away for free, and now it turns out the meshes were AMAZINGLY similar to other meshes which were made by someone else....

Wouldn't it have been handy to have known all of this sooner?

How refreshing!

p.s. It's not 22 December yet, but I think I might have an orgasm right now; does it counts?  Tongue

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 December 19, 21:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who is that Crocobaura person and why is s/he trying to piss on everyone's parade?

A big douche with an axe to grind is all I can figure.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 December 19, 21:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "idtaminger"
I searched high and low and could not manage to find it on either site. Do you think I could have a link to the fixed mesh?

http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=14.0
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 December 19, 23:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those interested in Poser there is a free program at DAZ3D which is similar: http://www.daz3d.com/program/studio/
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2006 December 19, 23:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kozaburo ( http://digitalbabes2.com/ )has all sorts of free things and his stuff is the most frequently lifted without credit by Paysites.   His definition of "free" means you can use the hairs and clothes in your images but cannot distribute them.   Paysite owners seem to skip the read me.

Since this whole discussion blew up I found that site and also noticed that a few looked familiar.  I ALSO read the readme and was just that much more annoyed.   I would like to know if Peggy actually got permission to redistribute some of those hairs.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2006 December 20, 00:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow :shock: the news is really getting around

Why do people hate Paysites?
Forum: Sims 2 Chat:    views - 21,114,    replies - 645
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 December 20, 00:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "idtaminger"
I searched high and low and could not manage to find it on either site. Do you think I could have a link to the fixed mesh?

The fixed version of both the famous Rose mesh and the Exnem mesh should be the versions currently on PMBD, which means they're better than the "official" version.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
wyrdwing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 December 20, 00:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rickets"
Kozaburo ( http://digitalbabes2.com/ )has all sorts of free things and his stuff is the most frequently lifted without credit by Paysites.   His definition of "free" means you can use the hairs and clothes in your images but cannot distribute them.   Paysite owners seem to skip the read me.  Then again maybe they have asked permission -- I've used stuff by Kozaburo as a base and had no problems getting a permission.

I can't believe I missed all this :-)
I'm a poser user too and I have raised my eyebrows about some of the hair made lately for the sims but wasn't too sure.
Honestly... I see some fireworks starting up again it's happened before and TSR got in trouble for it but they managed to make a deal with 3dream. (they got 1 mesh?)  :?
Sunair has used a person called maya's free poser hair although from what I heard maya is really nice so I'm not sure if permission was asked and he agreed.
The poser community are quite mature about matters but if you wanted to use something they would like you to ask permission... and one reason why you should read their readme file.

When they used koz's hair at MTS it was quite funny because they posted the readme file and didn't seemed to understand the 'do not distribute' that was right in front of them.  :lol: They didn't get permission to use it... at the time. (so I heard)

Edited to add: Actually the last thread I read about skins and hair from poser being used they wanted to know if it was extractable from the game... and it was through simpe so a sim fan pointed out to them... they didn't like that fact. (that might go against the case of converting of poser hair, skins, objects)

All i'd say is tread carefully... they may agree to free hair meshes but pay... I'm not too sure.
Although if Nouk's plan works, good... because some poser hair would look really nice on sims.  
Good Luck Nouk.  Cheesy
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 December 20, 03:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh. This is actually really fascinating. It's like, people's consciousnesses are against the whole PMBD thing, but their subconscious totally believes in the cause, so when a very 'respectable' way to fight comes up, against something which really, I thought was a fairly minor point in the scheme of things, they're all over it.

Which is good, of course, very very good indeed...but....it's just interesting, the way everything has been got through to them, in the end...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 December 20, 04:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some things have gotten through to some people... In the end.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: