PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:01:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW  (Read 54807 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
why do people hate paysites? COMPLETELY DERAILED NOW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 17, 10:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Dragon"

He's taking away peoples constitutional  right to express their opinion when he does that.  I guess he just can't handle the truth.

Firstly, Delphy is not an American. In fact, Delphy is banned from the US. Secondly, the Constitution only forbids the government from restricting free speech, it doesn't prevent private parties from doing so in private.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 17, 10:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, the ban should be over with by now, i think it ended earlier this year if i did my math correctly (which i probably didnt lol)
Dragon apparently didnt read the new news over at s2c, it says "you have no rights here" Smiley
And he's always saying that s2c is a private site, so you have only as many rights as you are given by the owners, not by our constitution. Especially since (as pescado pointed out), the site owner isnt american and you need to go back to high school to re-take government class
although judging by all your posts I'm not sure if you're even old enough to have taken government class yet...15 maybe 16 at most?
And if you've taken a look at Delphys avatar (or profile or blog or anything) you'd know that Delphy is a male and Delphy isn't all that feminine of a name, Angelique on the other hand, is pretty feminine--that's the name he uses when he's roleplaying ("in drag", whatever you wanna call it) IIRC lol
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 17, 11:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
Pescado, the ban should be over with by now, i think it ended earlier this year if i did my math correctly (which i probably didnt lol)
Dragon apparently didnt read the new news over at s2c, it says "you have no rights here" Smiley
And he's always saying that s2c is a private site, so you have only as many rights as you are given by the owners, not by our constitution. Especially since (as pescado pointed out), the site owner isnt american and you need to go back to high school to re-take government class
although judging by all your posts I'm not sure if you're even old enough to have taken government class yet...15 maybe 16 at most?
And if you've taken a look at Delphys avatar (or profile or blog or anything) you'd know that Delphy is a male and Delphy isn't all that feminine of a name, Angelique on the other hand, is pretty feminine--that's the name he uses when he's roleplaying ("in drag", whatever you wanna call it) IIRC lol

Actually I don't post there very often. I've only posted once and that was yesterday. I only go there to check out the new finds, thats it.  I don't post on a lot of forums, I spend most of my time at the BBS. Not meaning to be rude, but I resent that  remark about going back to high school, I just graduated college that took me six years of struggling with twins to raise.  No, I'm not 15 or 16 years old. I am 41 years old.  Taking a gov class would bore me to tears.  Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 17, 13:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like to point out that we have Freedom of Speech in the UK too, it's not like the USA is the only country to enjoy that luxury, precious Constitution or not, it's still a right which stands.  Yes, it doesn't apply really, with the 'private forum' and not being the government and so on, I'm just saying free speech isn't something which only applies to Americans.

And also, Delphy is a vaguely feminine sounding name if you don't know any better...like a cutesy derivative of Delphinium, or something.

That's all. Smiley

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 17, 13:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
I'd just like to point out that we have Freedom of Speech in the UK too, it's not like the USA is the only country to enjoy that luxury, precious Constitution or not, it's still a right which stands.  Yes, it doesn't apply really, with the 'private forum' and not being the government and so on, I'm just saying free speech isn't something which only applies to Americans.

And also, Delphy is a vaguely feminine sounding name if you don't know any better...like a cutesy derivative of Delphinium, or something.

That's all. Smiley

Or Delphine. Dragon however sounded like 14-15 to me, too.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 17, 13:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no 14-15. That is 12.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 17, 13:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. I always forget.  Cheesy

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 17, 13:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, free speech rights means that you may speech somewhere, not that you may speech wherever you want. Personal freedom stops where someone else's freedom starts.

If you can't speech on a site, your free speech rights entitles you to set up a site on your own where you may do it, if there's no others' sites that allowed you to.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 17, 14:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's all. Smiley

I looked it up in this huge baby name book I have and this is the closes  I found was Delphine (from the Latin Delphinus, a dolphin)  and its in male and female name under french names (don't know why French)  and they both mention a male and female born of this name from Delphi, in the male definition it states Delphi is a ancient city  on the slopes of Mount Parnassus in Greece.  So I would say Delphi has both gender properties. but then again all baby name books and name meanings vary.  And they do have Delphine listed under Greek female name, but not in the male section.. who knows.

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 17, 14:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."

That's all. Smiley

Or Delphine. Dragon however sounded like 14-15 to me, too.

I wish I was, I could go back and relive my life over again and maybe it wouldn't be so crappy...  Smiley

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
DrBeast
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 17, 16:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...in the male definition it states Delphi is a ancient city  on the slopes of Mount Parnassus in Greece.  So I would say Delphi has both gender properties. but then again all baby name books and name meanings vary.  And they do have Delphine listed under Greek female name, but not in the male section.. who knows.

Dragon

Delphi, the ancient greek city known for it's oracle, is in plural form (written Delfoi in greek). Since plural form for both male and female in greek is the same, we can't be sure if it derives from male or female. It has nothing to do, however, with the aquatic mammal, the dolphin, which is Delfini in greek and is neither male nor female. Now, if I had paid a little more attention to the Ancient Greek we're taught in High School, I might have known a bit more. I'm still struggling with the use of Modern Greek though! Tongue

et the Beast inside you free!
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 17, 17:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "DrBeast"

...in the male definition it states Delphi is a ancient city  on the slopes of Mount Parnassus in Greece.  So I would say Delphi has both gender properties. but then again all baby name books and name meanings vary.  And they do have Delphine listed under Greek female name, but not in the male section.. who knows.

Dragon

It has nothing to do, however, with the aquatic mammal, the dolphin, which is Delfini in greek and is neither male nor female.

Has nothing to do with the aquatic mammal? So how do you take in account of Delphinidae? Delphinidae is the taxonomic  name for the dolphin family. And my baby name book said "Delphin is from the Latin Delphinus (a dolphin) or alternatively, from Delphi"  (1996 Teresa Norman) and if you are curious what book I'm talking about it's the "A World of Baby Names"  but like I said before, meanings and origins vary from book to book.  Who know which came first.  

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 17, 18:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

Oh! The huge manatee!

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
SlyVenom
Landlubber

Burger King

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 17, 18:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lemmiwinks"

Nice find.
I found that site a very entertaining read.  :lol:
Dragon
Landlubber