PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:59:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well Isnt that a Bitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well Isnt that a Bitch  (Read 19591 times)
love
Landlubber

View Profile
Well Isnt that a Bitch
« on: 2008 July 30, 00:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surfing updates on Bines today and ran into this http://simy.focus.pl/lazurowa_promenada/nowa/index1_eng.php?page=main
I did realize a while ago that they definitely did not make their own shit but I NEVER expected something that I made three years ago be on their website and posted as by "Eweline". Maybe it was because I didn't think my stuff was worth stealing and I did used to work for a certain "chic" sim site (*ducks) but the owner has taken down most of my stuff due to my quitting creating for the sims but there plain as day in their FRICKING banner was my outfit the blue one all the way to right. Also its up for download skin 7 on the right hand tower of stolen stuff. Ok you guys at least post who the stuff is made by and I did used to have a issue with it but Ive gotten over since then. I just dont even know what to think.... Heres my old site and 2 outfits I used the same alpha for---lovecouture.atspace.com/home.html

heres "their outfit"

I dont even know what to think and I dont even know how they got access to the download because i have no idea which site I had put it on....I guess I just wanted to bitch....I would not have cared if they had just said it wasnt made by them or my name or something!! that outfit toke me 6 hours to make...yea i suck
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Well Isnt that a Bitch
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 30, 01:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't look the same to me. I think you're just imagining it. Besides, it's hardly the most original design.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
love
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 30, 02:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well ive downloaded it and im going to open the file in bodyshop but im like 99.99999% sure its mine
I think I know my own ugly shit lol Cheesy

Plus Ive seen tsr stuff on there as well (not that i care about t$r)

**Edit**

Well I didnt even have to go that far

No way to contact these people either...

Ps. I be BabiLove Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 July 30, 02:17:41 by love » Logged
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 30, 02:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy shit, you must be pissed off. But well you worked for Simchic, now karma is bitching you Roll Eyes Anyway try the Animal Army at Insim, they generally solve stolen stuff cases; it should work.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
love
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 30, 03:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea i went into bodyshop and checked out the texture file
 Smiley
Well I guess I deserve a bit of karma but I don't care about this person handing out copies or nothing I just want credit!!

I found her (iIm guessing its a her) modthesims profile and sent a pleasant little message. Im hoping it wont be disregarded.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 30, 03:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you found your credit. You should be happy now.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
love
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 30, 03:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea all except the fact that I'm the one that put that stamp on the texture file three years ago.

She still is using my skin for her banner and downloads without giving credit to me on her site.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 30, 07:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. You are totally overreacting.

First, she never claimed to have made the item, it is simply included with a sim that is available for download. It is common practice to include CC that was made by other creators in a packaged sim. I do agree that she ought to have posted credits for all of the CC that is packaged with her sims, but I don't think it's a reason to call her a thief. I think a polite message to include credit for your item would go a lot farther than posting that she zomg!stole your stuff. Sims communities that are not in English often have their own set of rules for this kind of thing, and it could be that she just didn't realize she needed to post credits for it.

Second, so what if she used your content in a banner for her site? I think it's just stupid to expect people to credit you every single time they use one of your items in a picture. Please check your ego at the door.

Thirdly, that item was bought and paid for from a pay site. You sold it, so she can do what she likes with it. Please don't come to PMBD whining that someone is using content that you illegally sold in a manner that you don't like.

And fourth, Bluewater Sims or whatever may not be my cup of tea stylistically, but Holly and those other girls do create their own items and meshes. If you don't have some solid proof that they are passing off someone else's work as their own, then don't go around accusing people of stealing. Failing to credit you and assuage your ego is not the same thing as thievery.

It usually takes a lot to piss me off, but I must say that you managed it nicely.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 30, 08:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, I wouldn't even own up if I made this mesh with funny wobbly ankles, let alone throw a fit about some stupid credit, but what do I know. It's entirely possible that at Simchic wonkiness of stuff is obligatory. Sorta trademark.

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 30, 08:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love.. oh good heavens, why are you yelling about this at PMBD of all places? Sit down, take a valium and stop worrying about pixels so much.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Timesynthesist
Landlubber

Oh, I am a giddy goat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 30, 11:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really see the big deal... I mean, you seem to be majorly overreacting.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were you, I probably would be a bit 'huh?' if someone didn't credit me. But I'd get over it. (very quickly.)

Are they charging for this sim? No, not that I can see.
And despite the fact that you are not credited on the main site, I'm sure a small PM or email would clear the issue right up. So instead of getting butthurt on here, why don't you contact someone on the site? I'm sure they're not going to try and bite your head off if you ask for credit. It's not as if they're passing your work off as their own; your mark is still on the texture file, after all.

Anyway, you should be flattered that your stuff is being used on other people's sims, not offended.
And your creation was pay, right? Well then, the folks at Bluewater are within their right to redistrbute your files, seeing as you shouldn't have been charging for those files...

God, I feel like a bitch; but you've got me all riled up, kthx.  Undecided (Anyway, it's not a personal attack on you. Just trying to be a little voice of reason, okay?) Smiley

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 30, 11:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, theyve used an item of yours in the banner picture, and included an outfit in a (free) sim download? You are majorly over reacting. Perhaps, it would have been wiser to think about it more before posting, and if you still had an issue with the lack of credit, find a way to contact the site.

Also, this has little to do with paysites - PESCADO why is this not in Sharkbait hrm? Roll Eyes Bleh!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 30, 14:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get over yourself. They obviously liked your outfit, and wanted to use it. No big deal. Holy hell, you would think they were charging for something they didn't have the right to sell in the first place....oh, that was you wasn't it?   Roll Eyes

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 30, 15:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait it was your orighinal outfit on a sim? = no big deal at all
Or a recolor of your outfit without credit? = crappy but contact them first before getting pissed off, might not have been on purpose

Inactive
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 30, 16:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming they think the text stamp on the item is credit enough, and I'd kind of have to degree. It'd be rude if they claimed they made it, but they don't seem to be doing that, and they haven't removed your stamp.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: