PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:55:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I used to think SimFreaks wasn't that bad.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I used to think SimFreaks wasn't that bad.  (Read 15253 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: I used to think SimFreaks wasn't that bad.
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 17, 07:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ManagerJosh is some kinda idiot.

Actually, one of the good byproducts of this paysite owner pipe dream would be a requirement to be up to snuff.  If Peggy has gap, Peggy loses license.  If polycounts are too high, license is lost.  No more amateur bullshit with bad qualities if they make you pay for a license (which EA if they were stupid enough to actually do it wouldn't be stupid enough to make it irrevocable) it has the EA stamp of approval now, and you better make sure it's good or the BBs wouldn't be able to hold the complaints.

No more would it be telling people to "remove all cc and reinstall" EA would need to make sure that their licensees are providing a warranty for their goods.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 17, 08:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ManagerJosh retired a while back, didn't he?

And thats a very good point Calalily. Although, it would more be EAxis standards of CC - sure, no gaps and high polys, but there is always borkage in other areas heh.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 17, 08:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't ManagerJosh a mod/active member @ the FFFSS thingo. (Federation for free sims sites) ~ Thats kinda like an oxymoron.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 17, 09:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scratch that last, he obviously has not retired heh. Just went onto WorldSims forum and he's currently online, but there is an announcement here that says he is stepping back from sims stuff to concentrate on Spore. And from what I remember, he was an active member atFFFS heh - very argumentative and disagreed with most things..

Anyway, with this creator liscence thing, I'll believe it when I see it and then I probably won't ever play TS3. Have got very little interest currently, and it seems that EAxis are slowly taking out any extra fun left in it. I like creating. Bleh.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 17, 09:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And thats a very good point Calalily. Although, it would more be EAxis standards of CC - sure, no gaps and high polys, but there is always borkage in other areas heh.

Ha yes - it certainly would.  Cheesy But they'd have to make sure it didn't override their own GUIDs (so there's that nightmare to organise, plus bonus SecuRom verification for shits and giggles) and seeing as many pay creators create bork of the highest level, that doesn't even work in your game, they're screwed.

Also - censorship - no more non-barbie skintones, or adult products.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 17, 15:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scratch that last, he obviously has not retired heh. Just went onto WorldSims forum and he's currently online, but there is an announcement here that says he is stepping back from sims stuff to concentrate on Spore. And from what I remember, he was an active member atFFFS heh - very argumentative and disagreed with most things..

Anyway, with this creator liscence thing, I'll believe it when I see it and then I probably won't ever play TS3. Have got very little interest currently, and it seems that EAxis are slowly taking out any extra fun left in it. I like creating. Bleh.
Someone at MATY ---was it Mirelly?--- was bitching about him kind of recently. How poorly he treated his mods and how he was trying to get the site to be more and more religious.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 17, 15:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimFreaks was one of the sites that started this "pay for game content" shit.  Fuck them right in the ear!  They want EA to make what they do legal to make what we do illegal?  Fuck them in the other ear too!

I used to get so much good Sims 2 stuff from there, then I remember I went to get something there one day and I was like "pay... for it?"  I was very sad and confused.

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 July 17, 15:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else find it ironic that one of posters complains about how buggy and slow bodyshop is then goes on to say that he would gladly pay maxis for creation tools so he wouldn't have to use 3rd party programs?

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 July 17, 15:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone at MATY ---was it Mirelly?--- was bitching about him kind of recently. How poorly he treated his mods and how he was trying to get the site to be more and more religious.

Yeah that was Mirelly - thread in Retardo called StupidJosh or somesuch.  Grin

Visit Calalilysims

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 July 17, 18:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, instead of just getting EA to make the EULA for Sims 3 so that it allows sale, let's just close this whole fanship down for ALL creators, make ALL creators have to pay a rib out of their body for a liscence, free or not, so hardly any creator is willing to create for free anymore. 
Ah you are such good and honest people, there's absolutely nothing selfish or disgusting about you. We were wrong thinking you were selfish bastards. Please forgive us. You just have the good of the fancommunity in mind with all you do. *rolfmao*

Inactive
Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 17, 22:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ManagerJosh is a nasty little shit, just read his phony "scripture quotes" and "holier-than-thou OMFG LOOK AT ME I KNOW HOW TO READ" batshit. Looks like somebody's going to Hell  Roll Eyes
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 18, 01:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I think that no matter what EAxis does to try to safegaurd their own personal income at the free maker's expense (I.E. Suckurom, that download manager, anything else they might come up with) there will always be clever people who'll disect the programs and let everyone create freely.

The sims2 community is like a freakin' force of nature.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 18, 01:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but Darwin's sims community law can be slowed down to crawl, like it happened to sims 2, compared to sims 1. At the same gamelifetime in sims 1 way more things were 'unlocked' as for the sims , we're still scratching our heads for odd reverting recolors for example. And custom animations are still only awkward prototype. No skiing, nor ballet schools, crazy sects, nor karate clubs either for sims 2. Yet they were already done 5 years after the sims 1 basegame. We're very far from that result for sims 2 and i'm starting to doubt it'll ever be made. Pescado was totally right about the copyright problems aborting the creativity advance (it was in Helga's password thread i think). I don't know what could solve that for Sims 3, but it's gonna be hell as the CC selling market is way more developed that in sims 1 times. The propotion of pay Vs free site is less but at the same time the total number of sites exploded. We have to stay vigilant on what happens as it's already quickly taking place. EA opened his virtual shop, TSR is already preparing to sell Sims 3 shit; they're all loading their guns and i'm scared to loose that huge pace we managed to do with the booty and months and months of talk, explanations, debates, convincing, fights and rants etc etc. It may all explode very quickly to a sims 1 like community with "Ooooh pay CC! Neat! I luv it!" bodysnatchers sheeplings again. And the nightmare will have a second round. *worries* We should be vigilant and darn quick.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 18, 13:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I worry about the sims 3, because while they make it clear how much we can customize for decor, its very obvious that its in-game texture manipulation.  Will it be even harder to make new meshes?  I don't know, but I expect it will be - then again, it also means that some things will likely never exist in the Sims 3, because if modders don't make it first, the odds are, no one will.

As for Sim Freaks and Josh?

I honestly haven't gotten any of their stuff [sims freaks] except some free picture frames for sim paintings, and those were free.  And I remember Josh *shudders* What a knob.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 18, 15:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I worry about the sims 3, because while they make it clear how much we can customize for decor, its very obvious that its in-game texture manipulation.  Will it be even harder to make new meshes?  I don't know, but I expect it will be - then again, it also means that some things will likely never exist in the Sims 3, because if modders don't make it first, the odds are, no one will.

I wonder about this as well - particularly since Inge said that the SimPE was helped along by a Maxis employee, and they seem less helpful now.  I don't think the current paysite EA selling Spore creator and CC is going to want to help creators with a free tool for the community. Their good chance would be if they don't change the engine too much and SimPE could be modified to work with Sims 3.

Of course the intention could be to push meshers out of the market, so that they can have their own hold over meshes, and thus make selling them a sole EA property - want a new shape of bed - you better buy MOAR EA.  I somehow don't think that paysites could justify textures that they sell (even though if they sold textures able to be imported into the game, they could indeed retain copyright no matter what) as a reasonable act. 

Nor do I think that anyone would buy them - so many of the existing paysite artists photoskin - the creator who makes every single stroke from scratch is a rarity, and if it's going to be overlaid over a mesh, it just doesn't have to have the complexity of current downloads.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: