PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:14:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 16 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1609098 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #5490 on: 2009 October 23, 23:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How was she supposed to know anything about your specific situation, Paden?  It seems like every time someone disagrees with you, you pull out some stuff that makes you a supposed expert or you play some kind of "I have had a hard time lately" card.  Or you just go off on some kind of rant, that for some reason I don't comprehend at all, people think is clever or witty or some other bullshit.  Of course, that is just my opinion, so apparently you shouldn't take it personally or seriously at all. 

Moune, you have found one friend and supporter throughout this, if that helps you any at all. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: 2009 October 24, 00:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I love you, too, Paleo. No hard feelings towards you at all, in all seriousness. Had she bothered to use the damn search button, she would have been able to read past history, but was apparently too high up on nosebleed horsie to do it. Of course, that's my opinion and not to be taken as gospel at all. Have a nice day.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
rapture
ARR!

batman geek

View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: 2009 October 24, 03:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't expect a big debate about it.  Shocked

I think we should just settle on "creepy" instead of "pedophile," since that is a rather serious accusation. Although I don't think anybody meant it that seriously.

Sims LJ

But how did one make a horse go?
"...Giddyap?"
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: 2009 October 24, 04:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I willl step my previous remark down on the I show you, you decide  to creepy from here on out.

Scary thing is when I actually hit one of Evi's items on MTS, my mind clicked to Evi.  Yes, Evi was on MTS.  Not trying to change anything, just mentioning something I saw on MTS
« Last Edit: 2009 October 24, 04:39:10 by redraw » Logged

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
lorikay
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: 2009 October 24, 06:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean, and I understand its logic, lorikay. But. I'd rather live in a society where people are ready to randomly accuse and believe this of other people than one where no one is willing to accuse people of these things for 'posterity' or out of fear or shame or what-have-you. I understand that that is very black-and-white of me, and that the world, on the whole, is made up of many shades of grey and that, ideally, it would be nice to have a society where neither of these things are the norm; something like a happy medium. But I'm just thinking in terms of 50 or so years ago and how awful it was for survivors because no one believed them, or, if they did, didn't care or want to talk about it. I'd rather people be overzealous in their guard than not at all.

Thank you for responding dusdeedawn.  I absolutely agree with you that people should always be on their guard.  I'm hoping that people are being observant and noticing when someone has a strange attraction for children.  That's probably why all this with evi has come about.  It's a possibility that it's true.  There's also a possibility that it isn't.  She may just enjoy creating pixel clothing for sim kids.  I just think we're on thin ice here accusing her of a serious crime.  I'm hoping she has neighbors that will notice if she has a weird attraction for children.

The incident with me happened 45 years ago (yes, I'm old), and nobody ever talked about it then. 
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: 2009 October 24, 06:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry the memories are dim, it may have been something in the first couple of years of MTS.  It was the usual adolescent thing where somebody posted somebody else's stuff so they could look "cool".  The stuff got taken down and whoever it was got told to go find someother pot to piss in.

I'm old.  I've been on MTS since it was mostly about the mods, and senility is setting in.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: 2009 October 24, 11:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you so posted that on the wrong board. Prepare for a verbal bashing and onslaught of cat macros. This site is about getting rid of paysites, and all the shitty (as seen) creations on them. If we can't bash paysite creations on here, where the bloody hell can we?

I am fully aware of that.  Let's be honest about what is going on here.  We have a bunch of cheapass tighwads with a sense of entitlement, who don't feel they should have to actually pay for certain digital goodies.  They then are trying to justify stealing those goodies.  They simply don't want to say the truth:  "I am a thief."  Instead, they try to justify their theft with all sorts of lame excuses -- just like any other thief.

In the process, they lash out at perfectly innocent people.  This thread is a perfect example of lashing out.  Yes, you may have a beef with Thomas at TSR.  But no one here has a legitimate beef against someone who posts content to TSR for free.

Its one thing to be a tightwad and a thief, but one really does not have to be an asshole about it as well.
tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: 2009 October 24, 11:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Statements of opinion or pure opinion are not actionable: This backs up what I previously said.

Unless those opinions imply specific facts.

When you call someone a pedophile, that is more than an opinion.  It is a statement of fact about someone's character and behavior -- just as calling someone a liar, a thief, a cheat or a murderer.
tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: 2009 October 24, 11:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually - this is PMBD - the reason we are called Paysites Must Be Destroyed is primarily because of the repeated violations of EA's EULA by paysites.

You have to realize that the whole EULA thing is unadulterated bullshit.  First, the EULA itself is of questionable legal validity.  From a contract point of view, there is no consideration supporting it.  Without consideration, it does not form a binding contract. (At least in the eyes of some courts, that is.)

Even if the EULA is valid, EA has the exclusive right to enforce it.  The EULA does not give any rights to anyone but EA.  In law, this is governed by the doctrine of Jus Tertii.  In most cases, a Jus Tertii argument does not hold water.

In any case, EA does not interpret its EULA the same way you do.  In fact, EA apparently condones pay sites, and may actually be in cahoots with TSR.  At the very least, they are aware of TSR's activities and have taken no action to shut them down.  They have not been so kind to other sites.  (Back Alley Sims comes immediately to mind.)

Finally, I would not that there is a whole thread on MATY consisting of items pirated from EA's store.  Certainly, no on is stating that EA is violating it's own EULA or is even bound by it.

Like any ordinary thief, the people making the EULA argument are just trying to find a justification for their thievery.
tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: 2009 October 24, 11:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see.

TSR [Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah]
Are you sane?

None of this justifies stealing from TSR.  If you don't like TSR, don't go there.  I am sure they will not miss you -- after all, you have no intention of paying them anyway.

If you don't like their stuff, don't download it and use it.  Again, I don't think TSR really cares if you don't like something that you downloaded from a pirate site.  I think their answer would be, if you don't like it, don't put it in your game. D'oh!

As far as me, I have no connections with TSR.  Never have met or communicated with Thomas or any of his cronies, and I really don't care to.

However, I have owned several businesses of my own, and have learned that the bigger a pain in the ass someone is, the less likely it is they are paying you.  One reason for charging for things like content is that the mere act of asking for money chases away the majority of whiners.
tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: 2009 October 24, 12:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You stupid bitch. He was convicted of raping my CHILD.

If I were you, I really would not brag about letting a pedophile have access to my children.  It's actually real sick.
qwebnm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: 2009 October 24, 13:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I download pirated contents online that meant to be free in the first place for PC games, then call me a thief. Do you ever heard of Robin Hood? He used to steal too.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: 2009 October 24, 13:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, you know that I agree with you, too.  I admire your willingness to respond point by point.  Me, I'm too tired of repeating myself. 
« Last Edit: 2009 October 24, 13:52:51 by dietofworms » Logged

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
rapture
ARR!

batman geek

View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: 2009 October 24, 14:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You stupid bitch. He was convicted of raping my CHILD.

If I were you, I really would not brag about letting a pedophile have access to my children.  It's actually real sick.

I'm sure she didn't just ALLOW the guy to do that. "oh go ahead, honey, I don't mind!"  Undecided

Sims LJ

But how did one make a horse go?
"...Giddyap?"
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: 2009 October 24, 14:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am fully aware of that.  Let's be honest about what is going on here.  We have a bunch of cheapass tighwads with a sense of entitlement, who don't feel they should have to actually pay for certain digital goodies.  They then are trying to justify stealing those goodies.  They simply don't want to say the truth:  "I am a thief."  Instead, they try to justify their theft with all sorts of lame excuses -- just like any other thief.

In the process, they lash out at perfectly innocent people.  This thread is a perfect example of lashing out.  Yes, you may have a beef with Thomas at TSR.  But no one here has a legitimate beef against someone who posts content to TSR for free.

Its one thing to be a tightwad and a thief, but one really does not have to be an asshole about it as well.

Sorry, tightwads?!! I don't pay as my hard earned cash goes towards my food, shelter and my savings which is going towards my Masters degree fund. I don't have the money to spend on creations that others create and put online for FREE. Also, as many people have pointed out time and time again, the charging of money for creations is illegal within EA's EULA.

But above all, you don't like what happens here? Move on, no one is fucking holding you hostage.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: