PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:17:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 15 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1625892 times)
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #2940 on: 2009 February 13, 02:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one that suspects that there is someone out there learning to mesh and offering free lamp meshes on some site, that Dot is "stealing?" 
That wouldn't surprise me. Still, only lamps is dull, at least in my case I don't bother about them at all, I only need their lightning,I think that most people don't download a bunch of lamps just because of it, maybe for a special ambient they are creating, I dunno, but just creating lamps is plain stupid, mind you I don't create anything at all, I'm mainly a downloader, but I wouldn't care for these lamps in a gazillion years, no matter what stupid law they have approved.

Have a nice day! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Its called RUM! Recognize Ugly Mess! <Paden>
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: 2009 February 13, 02:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded some lamps, not that many though. Most of them are from sets, so being the download whore I am, I had to get them too. I also get some larger hanging lights sometimes for my larger 2 story foyers. But really most of the lamps I have came from lots I download.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: 2009 February 13, 03:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded some lamps, not that many though. Most of them are from sets, so being the download whore I am, I had to get them too. I also get some larger hanging lights sometimes for my larger 2 story foyers. But really most of the lamps I have came from lots I download.
I understand that it happens to me too Smiley, I guess I tried to say that no matter if you are a "download whore" as most of us are Wink, IMHO lamps are kinda the last thing you ever think of when you are looking for when you go on a downloading rampage (at least in my case), maybe the reason some people would look for lamps to download is the same reason you stated, your stories and such, or decorating an area etc,but a lamp is not an item you would go crazy for if you don't find one that matches exactly your decorations, because and being a person that doesn't pay a lot of attention to minimal details, lamps are small objects that'd go unnoticed most of the time. I think that I'm trying to say that maybe because I mostly play my sims and don't have the talent to create, decorate or even tell a story with sims,lamps are boring for me, and if you as a creator don't challenge yourself further and make things that would complement what you are trying to achieve then your stuff is utter garbage.
Sorry if this reply is long and not understandable, my english is poor, and rum nate, it is not my intention to seem annoying I hope you understand my point of view.
Thanks Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: 2009 February 13, 03:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand what you are saying. We each play the game that suits us best. For me I love to put in the smallest details to make a house a sims home. There are some people that only play to build, some just to make stories and movies, and others just like to play, not worry about decorating or anything.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: 2009 February 13, 03:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for being understanding Cheesy, still I guess you'd only download those lamps  for a horror deco right? Lips sealed if, of course you'd ever lose your marbles to ever think of downloading them huh? But i deeply trust none of us would ever be that crazy

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: 2009 February 13, 03:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, yeah. But wanna know the sad thing. I have some DOT lamps from 07 in my game. I didn't download them, they came with some houses I got when I went on a downloading spree on Garden of Shadows.

vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2946 on: 2009 February 13, 03:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The closest I've come to really paying attention to the decor of a house is the Hick family I created in honour of the Sims 1 family.  Then Eldon had the gall to get all the way to becoming the Head of the SCIA, and they now have bucketloads of money.  In order to maintain the illusion that they are poor, and keep Eldon's cover from being blown, they use the tackiest, most mismatchiest (I know, not a word), and totally random colour scheme in the history of simkind.  It's a little eye-bleach worthy but there is a method to my madness.

They did have to move into a bigger house (real reason: lot corruption, story reason: Eldon and Jessie May's daughter, Billie Jean, insists on popping out endless boychildren: Billy-Bob, Billy-Ray, and Billy-Joe, with another one on the way).  I also tried sending them on holiday to get rid of some of the monies.  Maybe I should just familyfunds them but I do try not to cheat where I can avoid it.

Anyways, back on topic, is there a written version of this Lamp Law anywhere?  What criteria passes the weird animal lamp of recent days?

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: 2009 February 13, 04:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to see the text of the lamp law. It probably outlaws any lamp not on TSR.

cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: 2009 February 13, 04:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

100% sure it does, as well as it outlaws taste and creativity, when I lurk this thread I wish I had the tools to make my own things, if I want to see crappiness in my game then I want that crap to have been made by me. It'll be ugly but  at least I wouldn't feel guilty for paying for stuff that wasn't even worth it, as most paysites circus's freaks

siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: 2009 February 13, 08:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some moar "torture" lamps. Great.  Roll Eyes
I agree with ya Cynt! The only crap in my game will be by me damnit! Smiley Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 February 13, 08:47:37 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: 2009 February 13, 14:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The closest I've come to really paying attention to the decor of a house is the Hick family I created in honour of the Sims 1 family.  Then Eldon had the gall to get all the way to becoming the Head of the SCIA, and they now have bucketloads of money.

You know what burns extra money pretty good?  Digging holes in the yard, then filling them in.  Really, I've used it to drain money many times.  And if I need a simjustification for it, I tell myself that these sims are paranoid and burying their money to keep it safe, but they are burying it in biodegradable containers that will be mush, along with the money by the time they want to dig it up.

Creating and destroying ponds is a good way to get rid of annoying extra cash too.  And I consider these to be "cheat free."

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: 2009 February 13, 17:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno whether she's stealling or not, but she's probably grinding these FUGLY objects out to keep her FA Status, since, if I understand the situation correctly, there's a quota or something.  Also explains the "toilet chairs" from Buntah.  Explanations, however, are not the same as an excuse.  Undecided

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: 2009 February 13, 18:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad they never learned it's Quality over Quantity! Then again they don't know what quality is either Roll Eyes

And as for the items being pay-there is NO excuse for the crap that is produced. Everything should be so freaking unbelievable and amazing to warrant the pricetag. (Even though when ya get into it they shouldn't be selling. Period.)

TSR is Dollar Store quality with Dept Store price. (Yeah I had to use a mega exaggerated metaphor.)  Tongue

BURN TSR. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 February 13, 20:27:16 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
cynt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: 2009 February 13, 23:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as for the items being pay-there is NO excuse for the crap that is produced.

TSR is Dollar Store quality with Dept Store price. (Yeah I had to use a mega exaggerated metaphor.)  Tongue

BURN TSR. Cheesy
Lucky me I have champagne taste and beer budget. But I guess that's bad for them?Not that I care Tongue

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: 2009 February 14, 01:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pay site stuff is shit, no matter the quality. If they think they deserve money for it, they have another think coming. And no, please don't throw bones of comfort to Princess Padre, he works for the worst site on the net.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: