PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 12:58:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 879030 times)
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2460 on: 2009 June 20, 19:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that. It creeped me out too. I was a 12 at the time.
The story about the kid that has omnipotent power over everyone was actually the scariest one to me.

My Deviant artwork here.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: 2009 June 20, 19:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God, that's terrible! I had no idea about any of that.

If you really want to read every detail, (a lot sensationalized) you can go here:  http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/not_guilty/twilight_zone/1.html

Edit to add:

I remember that. It creeped me out too. I was a 12 at the time. The story about the kid that has omnipotent power over everyone was actually the scariest one to me.

The original TV show version is scarier to me.  The kid in it looks like another version of young Ron Howard (As in Opie from Mayberry RFD)  so sweet and cute, but when he flashes his eyes at someone, it's pure evil. 

Also, it's a good example of horrifying by what you don't show as well as what you show.  At one point the kid makes a three headed gopher.  You never see the gopher, but the actors do a good job in showing us how creepy that gopher really must be. 

You can watch the original here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lcgkGo8YLE&feature=related
« Last Edit: 2009 June 20, 20:11:54 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
armaneaux
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: 2009 June 20, 21:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*
don't you just LOVE Rod Serling?

I vote that we find some of his hair, extract his DNA, clone him, and hire the clones to tell scary bedtime stories to naughty children.
i guaran-damn-tee those kids'll straighten up and fly right!

"I never sleep, sleep is the cousin of death"-Nas
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: 2009 June 20, 21:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Twilight Zone movie was made more creepy, at least for me, by the fact that Vic Morrow was killed during the filming of it. Morrow was famous for his role in the TV show Combat! and as the father of Jennifer Jason Leigh. He played the bigot that was thrown into the place of someone else to experience how they felt when they were being persecuted.

A helicopter crashed on top of him and a couple of kids when they were filming a particularly hairy scene set during Viet Nam. The chopper was flying low when some of the pyrotechnic stuff caused the copter to go out of control and crash on top of the three, killing Morrow and one of the kids instantly.

The deaths of the children while filming that movie resulted in the child labour laws being reformed, as well as safety regs for film sets.

I remember hearing about that and being horrified. It kinda reminds me of how the little girl from Poltergeist died during the filming of the third movie. She died of a disease, not an onset accident, but it just makes me feel certain subjects shouldn't be messed with or things like this can happen. I've very superstitious, I remember watching a special on E! about Hollywood curses and was intrigued.  Roll Eyes

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: 2009 June 20, 21:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't you just LOVE Rod Serling?

No.

Is that him trying to smile? He has no lips. He looks like a perturbed muppet. 
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: 2009 June 21, 00:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That kid was Bill Mumy and the episode was called "It's a Good Life". He was to go on to more reaching fame as Will Robinson in Lost in Space, the song Fish Heads, and as the Minbari named Lennier in Babylon 5. He's got a ton more to his credits in TV, movies and music. I iz sort of a fan. Danger, Will Robinson, danger!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: 2009 June 21, 10:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

perturbed muppet.  

Try saying that twelve times fast..  Grin

By the way, CookiePirate and Sailfin Dragon, just gorgeous on both counts! Where can I download your house from CookiePirate?

I just uploaded my first TS3 custom pattern-it's a fluer de lis set with burgundy, purple and green colour options. I hope you like it.. You can get it here. It's fine to reuse the texture for whatever. http://sublimesims.net/

Kath

note, these are done using TS3 Workshop, they SHOULD just install straight into your game. Let me know if you have any issues with the file and I can look at whether I need to do them using Delphy's tool instead.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 21, 12:52:03 by Saraswati » Logged

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2467 on: 2009 June 21, 18:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooo - pretty patterns!

And yep, Bill Mumy and his singing partner have like 9 albums out - alas, I don't have anything but Fishheads and another song he did solo, the Ballad of William Robinson.  However, if anyone ever offers to play These Boots Are Made for Walking done by Crispin Glover, run -far-far- away as fast as you can.  He makes Shatner look like an opera singer.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
armaneaux
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: 2009 June 21, 19:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That kid was Bill Mumy and the episode was called "It's a Good Life".
interesting fact, in the 2002 revival of The Twilight Zonet the show also contains a follow-up episode to the events of the original episode "It's a Good Life". Bill Mumy returned to play the adult version of Anthony, the demonic child he had played in the original story, with Mumy's daughter, Liliana, appearing as Anthony's daughter, a more benevolent but even more powerful child. Cloris Leachman also returned as Anthony's mother.

"I never sleep, sleep is the cousin of death"-Nas
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: 2009 June 21, 21:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SF if you can get some use out of it, do so.. It's there to be reused, mangled, folded, whatever.. Wink

On the subject of Bill Shatner.. (who of recent has turned into my favourite talk show host) we went to see Supanova in Sydney because Nichelle Nicholls was speaking.. and when a fan phrased a question about Bill Shatner's singing career, she fell off her chair because she was laughing so hard. Wink

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: 2009 June 21, 22:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer Nimoy out of the two, he and Shatner, that is... Nichell tops them both, but that goes without saying.

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: 2009 June 21, 23:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the thing that struck me in life about her Paden, is the fact that she's just so elegant.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: 2009 June 21, 23:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read her autobiography, Kath, it explains it all. She is one classy lady, from her head to her toes and I respect her immensely.

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: 2009 June 22, 07:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

by the way, after some confusion with someone who's used to installing patterns the MTS way, I've provided the fluer de lis pattern in package file format too, and I'll be doing that from now on. Wink (I have some more coming in the next few days that I'll post)

Paden I'll have to see if I can still find her bio here. She also has an astonishinly beautiful voice.. Like one of those old 50's divas or something.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: 2009 June 22, 08:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've provided the fluer de lis pattern in package file format too, and I'll be doing that from now on.
Yeah, way to go! That awful EA installer is... Awful! You have to clean up 2 directories filled with crap when you use it. Plus it badly removes stuff when you don't want it anymore. And it's so slow Ugh. I will grab the package format file for your beautiful lis texture, thanks Kiss But the package link is 404. Kaput.
When are your new patterns coming? Yes I already Want Want Want, count me on the list!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: