PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:54:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 119898 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #330 on: 2008 July 23, 17:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly wouldn't blame her if she did!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2008 July 23, 18:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hum a banned troll and a missing thread; that's a lot of changes in a few hours Cheesy I hope his IP got banned, not just his account...

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2008 July 23, 18:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado actually do something adminlike that does not involve servers? Hrm. I just concluded that SimOutlaw deleted the thread and his account..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2008 July 23, 21:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good riddance to bad odour.

Inactive
Theria
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2008 July 23, 22:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note to self: no more hangovers and sleeping until 3. I miss all the good shit.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2008 July 23, 23:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*has hysterics* SimOutlaw is such a legend in his own lunchbox. Three seconds after not being aware of Securom issues a few weeks back, he was suddenly a computer expert.. As one of the coowners of SAS, I found this thread deeply funny.. It was such an obvious attempt at "throw mud" that it had no chance of upsetting me at all.

Requip, Anna's been posting the Securom stories for me for a few weeks, so I don't know if we have yours yet.. We've got a new all-games version of the site coming in the next week and if it's not on there by now, I'd love to have it on there. (the new version of the site should be up by not this weekend but the next at this stage)

And Nouk, I'm with you.. good riddance to bad rubbish.. it's not like he's ever got anything of value to add to the conversation.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2008 July 24, 16:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requip, Anna's been posting the Securom stories for me for a few weeks, so I don't know if we have yours yet.. We've got a new all-games version of the site coming in the next week and if it's not on there by now, I'd love to have it on there. (the new version of the site should be up by not this weekend but the next at this stage)

I'd be delighted....if I can remember what name I registered under.  Cheesy I still have copies of every single email I got from Thomas Bartlett (Sony DACD tech)
We emailed back/forth starting Nov 3 and continued until Feb 13 when I gave up & took this thing in for repair.  Angry  Hope you all are back up soon.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2008 July 24, 21:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Luv..

the site's actually up right now under this url http://www.oneworldsims.com/the-sas/  but we've got a new schmicko site coming soon that covers ALL game.. Grin

Kath

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2008 July 31, 02:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eventhough Ea screws up alot, they do know NOT to remove the options for custom content in the sims. That's practically what built the sims, was being able to actually have sims your way!  Tongue

They would lose so many fans even if they did do that, and everyone knows EA loves their monies. Plus in an interview for spore, Will Wright even mentions that so many people loved to create custom content for the sims, it inspired the idea for spore, or something about how they wanted spore to be the same.

The only issue with this though, EA thinks they make it easier with every game to create custom content, but it just gets more difficult. I remember in my sims 1 days, editing lipsticks on a face, changing hair colors and adding highlights with ease, because I could use good old window's paint. But now forget that, I try to even change a hue in a hair now and it turns out all fugged.

Plus EA quality has dropped over the years as well. Sims 1 I got the game and the only borked thing about it was all the custom content I had.... it got to a point my custom content actually destroyed my sims 1 cd's! :O!!! But everything about it worked perfectly for me.... and sims 2.... well.... it has it's kinks Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: 2008 July 31, 04:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, long time lurker, first time poster.  There's been a dramatic subject shift but I haven't seen this covered--how does anyone know that EA would completely ban free custom content in TS3?  Furthermore, how could they possibly enforce it? 

They may not do something such as ban it - but they may not help it along either.  The development of SimPE had a lot of help from Maxis employees - and they are EA now, and no longer help.  If new meshes can't make it into the game because there are no community tools, why then the only source for them would be EAstore. New meshes may be impossible, unless as some have speculated Sims 2 stuff can be easily converted. 

Eventhough Ea screws up alot, they do know NOT to remove the options for custom content in the sims. That's practically what built the sims, was being able to actually have sims your way!  Tongue

They would lose so many fans even if they did do that, and everyone knows EA loves their monies.

They aren't going to remove cc - they're going to be expanding it even further with recolour textures and the ability to overlay every single mesh in the game.  The question really is are EA going to help the community tool builders and Milkshape makes lotsa money, or are they going to help EA make lots of money. At this point, it's unknown.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2008 August 10, 23:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the necromancy... but the web page with the sim store downloads isn't working? The page works, but the downloads do not  Sad I just want one male outfit I used to have, but dumb me tried to delete one hair and the whole lot went away! And I don't want to install their download manager either.....

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2008 August 10, 23:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check Maty. I think all of the stuff is there.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2008 August 11, 06:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't going to remove cc - they're going to be expanding it even further with recolour textures and the ability to overlay every single mesh in the game.  The question really is are EA going to help the community tool builders and Milkshape makes lotsa money, or are they going to help EA make lots of money. At this point, it's unknown.

Cala, the cynic in me suspects that the latter will be the case. The fact that they already released the EA store (when sims2 is coming to the end of its life, no doubt) suggests to me that they will do anything in their power to rake in yet more cash.
I just hope that the sims2 community and creators stays strong, and doesn't die off like the Sims1 seems to have. I doubt I will be making the switch over.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2008 August 11, 18:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the content from Sims 2 was easily put into Sims 3, if you could have easy cheats to play the game with, and biggest if they take Securom off of their products, then I would maybe, just maybe consider the switch. As it stands now, they can kiss my lily white fat pirate ass.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Ocean Bacon
Landlubber

TSR IS TOEST.

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2008 August 11, 19:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've pretty much decided I'm not buying any EA shit anymore. Cry

EA GAMES: THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THIIIIIIIIINGS
I am a delusional miscreant and Shakeshaft is a theif.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: