PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:52:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 119642 times)
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #90 on: 2008 June 17, 23:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spore creator does contain Securom v7.36.  I think even the demo has it. I can link later, haz to watch telebision w/Hub right now.  Smiley

Which means I won't be downloading it. I don't even know if Spore would work on my PC and I was going to try out the demo to see if it did. But if it comes with SecuROM, then EA can forget it.

Do they honestly think that pirates are going to illegally download a friggin' demo?

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 June 17, 23:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they honestly think that pirates are going to illegally download a friggin' demo?
In fact it's rather rare but it already happened several times for different reasons (demo of long-awaited game still not released and extremely delayed, or undownloadable demo if you're banned from the only site uploading it, or the only site where you could get the demo is constantly down 'cause everybody wants that friggin' demo etc)

Securom?! Around 10 bucks?! This is getting nastier every day. Fuck EA Angry

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 June 18, 00:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UKnortherner used the pound sign so that would actually be a little under $10 ($9.77) for us Americans. :/

Yep. Although it'll probably be something like $7.50 + tax, which means you'll get a slightly better deal than we do in rip-off Britain.

I've noticed that about American VS British pricing for the same thing.  It's pretty fucked up.

My theory is when people complain about Securom when Spore comes out EA will go, "Well, whoever has downloaded the demo and played such and such games, you already have it and didn't bitch back then!"

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 June 18, 00:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their rationale in including SecuRom is that pirates would get a head start on cracking the game. Actually, by including the SecuRom, they give the pirates a head start on cracking that.  Roll Eyes

EA is so effing stupid!
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 June 18, 01:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the Spore demo contains Securom according to this poster at the BBS: here

Bioshock demo also contained Securom.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 June 18, 02:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a shame that now demos are going to be arrred on a regular basis because of securom. Frankly this is beyond any logic: why embedding securom in a demo since it's not a complete product?! There's not even a thing to protect in a demo, damnit! EA needs to wake up, quickly. Snap it out, you badly-trained monkeys working at EA: Buyers aren't stealers, demo downloaders neither, why punish them by jeopardizing their PC?! Don't you realize that all the medias are LOLing at you and that your customers base is quickly melting like an icecream under the sun?!
Sheesh.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 June 18, 11:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was always worried about the sims 3.  The write ups always intimated that user created CC was out.  I find the sims2 base games hard going in the way of playability sometimes it is so tedious and repetitive. I don't download everything but I reckon 2/3 of my time on the sims is spent looking through pages and pages of fantastic, beautiful creations. People sharing just because they want to, the free community has brought out a peice of humanity that we thought no longer existed. They have patched games soothing players anger at EA.  And now Ea wants to bite them in the ass.  They want to make sure the fans of these sites and people on them don't bite back.  If it weren't for custom content (free)  I would have given up at the sims 2 I already refuse to have Pets on my computer.  I refuse to have their glitchy patches on my pc I would rather put up with my sims shouting and stomping at pc chairs and walking round where the tip jar used to be. So no way would I pay for letting them have one more shot at screwing my pc.  In short having freesite CC gave EA an extra £100 in expansion pack money from me.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 June 18, 11:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay Justso! 'ave some rum! (btw I agree)

I just don't see the economic sense that EA seem to work from. It smells strongly of bananas and excrement.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 June 18, 11:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't mind if I do deelink mmmmmmm rum.  May soothe the next rant coming on as I type.  The one about apartment life stuff looking extrememly similar to stuff on mts2. lol
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 June 18, 13:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm that is not a surprise, justso. They already did it for all their EPs. The only 'new' things i saw in Apartments are the closet-bed (or whatever it's called), the dump chute and the shared lot mailbox. ALL the rest is taken from CC. Roll Eyes

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2008 June 18, 14:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol I know they own the copyright but wouldn't it be nice if they linked back to the original creator and the mesh. Apparently there is going to be a cheat code so already existing property can be apartmentised so I suggested they release the cheat code and let us download the rest of the Ep at mts2 lol.
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 June 18, 17:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think EA is blissfully unaware of the fact that they are not programming Gods and that any decent hacker can get in and hack just about anything. My dad's not even a "real" hacker--he's a computer programmer--but he could probably crack that shit in a couple of days. Any kind of "OMG WE'RE COPYRIGHTING THIS!" measure usually ends up just being obnoxious.

Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 June 19, 21:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the fuck would they put SecuRom on something that's free like a demo? God, EA is more paranoid than North Korea.  Roll Eyes
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2008 June 20, 00:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the fuck would they put SecuRom on something that's free like a demo?

To stop those who will seek to hack the game later from understanding the code now.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
meowbark
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2008 June 20, 00:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, let me get this straight.

EA made a survey to see which free download sites' you use? Either they are just going to buy them out or be royal douchebags to us.

Or they area trying to see what Sims we want instead of their shitty in-game made Sims.

I'm 12 and what is this
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: