PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:20:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples  (Read 69761 times)
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Exnem Leaves (Again) with Zero Apples
« Reply #270 on: 2007 January 21, 03:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
It seems to me everytime they make some one an FA their work starts to suffer  :shock:

It's because they have output requirements.  They are required to submit so much per whatever (not sure what the requirements are, I just know they exist).
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2007 January 21, 04:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Your right Red. Or it seems they stretch the FA releases out more, and you end up with more free stuff. Morale over there is suffering I think.

Can I have a cookie?  :roll:

LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2007 January 21, 04:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just whatever static requirement. In order to keep making money, they need to keep racking up downloads every month. There's only so many members, and the turnover can't be that high.
The FAs with a large library of files can get away with just the required minimum, but the others will need to keep pumping out content. If you divy up their current download counts, most of them never see the maximum per month.

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2007 January 21, 04:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel sorry for em. I worked a job kind of like that in a corporate call  center, you had all these stats they required you to meet, which was hard, its hard to explain. But its like being an hamster on the wheel, seems to be no end till your just too tired anymore to keep it going. Hence, the burnout theory.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: 2007 January 21, 04:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
I feel sorry for em. I worked a job kind of like that in a corporate call  center, you had all these stats they required you to meet, which was hard, its hard to explain. But its like being an hamster on the wheel, seems to be no end till your just too tired anymore to keep it going. Hence, the burnout theory.

Well atleast the hamster has the sense to get off the wheel and eat once and a while. The artist keep going until they die =] (run out of ideas or get tired of getting passed over instead of speaking up)

LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 2007 January 21, 05:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also the factor of pride. How humiliating would it be to be demoted unless you're retiring? Especially if you're someone who closed down your own site and/or thought this would be a money tree.

I feel sorry for the ones who became FAs because it meant something to them, because they wanted to make nice things for the community.
The ones who went over out of greed are getting exactly what they deserve.
It's just a shame that they're all lining TSR's pockets in the meantime.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2007 January 21, 05:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well we all live and learn sometimes the hard way. :roll:

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
mel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2007 January 21, 05:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't read the whole thread, but now it's my turn to post and laugh at exnem.

Exnem obviously makes stuff for the game for money, and uses modthesims2 as a marketing ploy, since he knows mts2 is way more popular than his site. It doesn't surprise me with his last stunt.  :roll:

And then he pulls himself through the dirt even more by declaring other innocent players to make for genuine fun and for the community are thefts, when he himself is one by having a paysite.  :evil:
zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2007 January 21, 06:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree!
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2007 January 21, 11:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
It's because they have output requirements.  They are required to submit so much per whatever (not sure what the requirements are, I just know they exist).

S2Sisters submit new stuff EVERY FRICKING DAY!!! Don't they have a life? How can they put out something new every day? Feels like they're doing this 25/8. Sad. It's very sad.  :?

tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2007 January 21, 12:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I had time to create like that, too busy keeping up with the various forums.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2007 January 21, 12:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the last 2 outfits are horrible they put out. They photoshop some of em thats how they manage. I think their quality has went down. I wasnt that crazy about the Turtle Room Set. At this rate their going to burn out though.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2007 January 21, 15:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always found S2S' stuff a bit hit and miss, some of it, I found to be really excellent quality, others, rather poor. And I totally see what you mean about their last few bits...in the preview thumbnaily pics, they look alright, but when you actually take a look at them...urgh, they're dreadful...:?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2007 January 21, 17:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of their stuff looks shit because of my graphics card isn't top notch and doesn't support the shiny photoshopped outfits. So all the outfits look like washed cardboard.  :roll:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: