PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 20:50:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 583883 times)
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 13, 19:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"

Ok, I looked. Here's the shit at the bottom when you submit something:

Disclaimers & Important Information
Do not submit any files that are not your own creations. You should also be sure not to use other creator's bases for your own work without gaining their permission first, and properly crediting them. Any submitters sending work that is not rightfully their own may have all of their work removed from TSR and be banned from submitting in future.

By submitting files to us you are giving us (The Sims Resource) permission to host those files permanently and to be distributed via any media (electronic or physical). Files sent in a different format may not be used on the site due to the amount of work involved building previews and correcting errors. If you want your work featured here, please take the time to submit it properly.

I requested that TSR remove some of my uploads (8 measly pairs of eyes, for crying out loud).  They virtually showed me the finger.

The quicker that site is destroyed, the happier I will be.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 13, 19:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha. Dis lamer indeed. I knew I wasn't crazy. I dunnow what ever posessed me to submit there. Guess I didn't think I'd ever feel strongly about removing my stuff. But it's the worst upload policy on a sims site I've ever seen...how basically people's own work becomes his when placed on TSR. Even EA/Maxis aka the rightful creators and owners of all Sims related things have the option for people to remove their creations from the exchange...but Mr. Thomas is above even Maxis of course.  :x

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 13, 19:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. The sooner they get nuked the better.

It takes A LOT to get me riled and they've done an adequate job of it. I'm starting to get nasty now. Makes me want to dump all my CC. To hell with it. Well, I'd have to weed out the non-TSR things of course.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 13, 19:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try getting banned from TSR - if you're lucky it might even work. I know a creator managed to get her creations removed because Thomas banned her from TSR after accusing her of being a filesharer. He was of course tipped off from Rose in that super secret forum on MTS2.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 13, 19:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"

I requested that TSR remove some of my uploads (8 measly pairs of eyes, for crying out loud).  They virtually showed me the finger.

The quicker that site is destroyed, the happier I will be.

So, put them up on your own site.  Or ask someone like Heleane if she would put them on her site.   Eye for an eye, finger for a finger.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 13, 19:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loophole!

Disclaimers & Important Information
Do not submit any files that are not your own creations. You should also be sure not to use other creator's bases for your own work without gaining their permission first, and properly crediting them. Any submitters sending work that is not rightfully their own may have all of their work removed from TSR and be banned from submitting in future.

By submitting files to us you are giving us (The Sims Resource) permission to host those files permanently and to be distributed via any media (electronic or physical). Files sent in a different format may not be used on the site due to the amount of work involved building previews and correcting errors. If you want your work featured here, please take the time to submit it properly.

Hey, we can get our shit off that way.  :lol: And did you notice the last part where it basically says "Don't be a stupidass or we won't put your shit up. I don't want to mess with stupidass shit."
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 13, 20:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't take your stuff down, couldn't you sabotage it? Make overwriting files by the same name? Use the GUIDs over and over until everyone knows your stuff from there won't work? You could put a warning up on other sites to simmers telling them not to use your stuff there, make it avaible elsewhere? Steve would hear about it and get pissed that the files were bad and take them down? You think maybe?

Where there's a will there's a way.

What 'private info' is Delphy sharing? Stuff from former donaters? Or everyones IP and email? He can't sell email adresses can he?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 13, 21:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when did Thomas actually hop on board with TSR, at least, in the capacity he's in now? I pretty out of the loop for ages, so, stuff I have missed.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 December 13, 21:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, his forum profile states Dec 2000 I believe, but what does that mean? I think he's been there awhile. Plotting... planning... conspiring.
anoramic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 13, 21:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

netseeker2 has left the building!

'About Me: I'm dead. Gone. Outta here. Au Revoir, So Long. Goodbye.'

I have a sub there but after my two months is up I'm not going to give them any more money, heh.
BootStrapBill
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 13, 22:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't get that.  They're shooting themselves in the foot more than anything by refusing to let people remove or even edit their own submissions.  Imagine how much lousy, low-rated crap that rarely if ever gets downloaded would vanish from their servers overnight if all the creators could get rid of their old, embarrassing items!  Sure, they'd be able to boast fewer items overall, but they'd also be able to kick their reputation for having a few nice items in an ocean of worthless crap...
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 December 13, 22:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would also save them rather some money on BANDWIDTH AND HOSTING, I'm sure.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 December 13, 22:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is a giant steaming pile of shite.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 December 13, 23:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, in "the thread" it's recently been mentioned to allow creators to edit and/or remove their items. Thomas actually said they'd consider the edit option, but, get this, not the remove option. Then he stated we'll cover that in another thread.  :wink:
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 December 13, 23:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'll be 'We can't allow creators to remove their stuff, they might try and do a runner with it, it's like, OUR STUFF NOW BITCH!'

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: