PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:50:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 584016 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #495 on: 2007 April 06, 17:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's for those that didnt see it Wink

And if its too unclear to read, Shotgun wrote:
I'm just curious...Is everything they say about you and Thomas here http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=192 true?

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2007 April 06, 17:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL!!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: 2007 April 06, 17:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
I should point out that I have been sooooooo backlogged on Atwa's stuff on the Booty. I think part of me is restraining me from downloading that shit. Because it is SO UGLY.

I don't think it really deserves to be up on the Booty to be honest, but that's just me...

And the big question is, how many people have asked for it - I've seen requests for Pandora stuff (which I wouldn't even download if free) but no requests for Atwa.  Sucky much?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2007 April 06, 17:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
I should point out that I have been sooooooo backlogged on Atwa's stuff on the Booty. I think part of me is restraining me from downloading that shit. Because it is SO UGLY.

I don't think it really deserves to be up on the Booty to be honest, but that's just me...

And the big question is, how many people have asked for it - I've seen requests for Pandora stuff (which I wouldn't even download if free) but no requests for Atwa.  Sucky much?

The same people who downloaded the Carla Niven folder possibly?!  :lol:

Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: 2007 April 06, 17:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

The same people who downloaded the Carla Niven folder possibly?!  :lol:

No one ever downloaded the Carla Niven folder. It is kind of a shelf-warmer  :lol:

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 2007 April 06, 17:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Gwendolyne"
No one ever downloaded the Carla Niven folder. It is kind of a shelf-warmer  :lol:

Ah thank you so much for that knowledge Gwendolyne! I can now sleep at night  :lol:

Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: 2007 April 06, 17:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a meanie to poke the Atwa with a pointy stick like that.

My biggest WTF was trying to figure out how ancient Egyptians managed to acquire the technology to use photobooths.

I remember, during Sims 1, a clever creator did a whole series of era-appropriate replacements. There were scrolls instead of computers, and NPC replacements.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: 2007 April 06, 18:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh yes - there was one I remember - Death Eater sims - they had scrolls for computers etc.  VERY clever.  

I always wonder why the Asswa stuff has sand coloured everything - that is soooo boring.  Tutankhamun's mask isn't goddamned sand coloured - they liked their lapis lazuli, their gold, all those yummy colours - where the hell are they?  And not just lime green african knockoffs.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: 2007 April 06, 18:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's called bleeding a theme dry.

She made a couple of items on the egyptian theme, and people thought they were uumm... 'unusual' so that was it, the floodgates were open,  egyptian fridges, dishwashers, love tubs, diving boards, cookers, telephones, burgler and fire alarms...in fact any maxis item you can paint in block sand, black and yellow and paste a scarab on.

I'm so not looking forward to the maxis celebration pack, as I fear she has a egyption sand, black and yellow wedding cake planned.

she does nothing like egyptian and nothing like the FREE and UN-UGLY and credible looking egyptian sets you can get at http://www.tarox4sims2.de

I always wonder why the Asswa stuff has sand coloured everything - that is soooo boring.  Tutankhamun's mask isn't goddamned sand coloured - they liked their lapis lazuli, their gold, all those yummy colours - where the hell are they?  And not just lime green african knockoffs.

DONT GIVE HER IDEAS! do you really want to see the return of her 'glowing block green' collection (example in members board - ugly creations thread) AGHHH

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: 2007 April 06, 20:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie_sim"
it's called bleeding a theme dry.

She made a couple of items on the egyptian theme, and people thought they were uumm... 'unusual' so that was it, the floodgates were open,  egyptian fridges, dishwashers, love tubs, diving boards, cookers, telephones, burgler and fire alarms...in fact any maxis item you can paint in block sand, black and yellow and paste a scarab on.

See, I can already think of several existing meshes that could be used that would be more accurate. Or as accurate as The Sims 2 can get without borking the game too much. Need to store food? Forget about making a fridge, make a cabinet that stores food. Dishwashers? Why not wash them in a bucket sink? Toilet? Locate it outside, and make it look like a hole in the ground inside an outhouse (or recommend making a small walled room). Love tubs? Why not make it look like a watering hole? Not that there were that many watering holes in ancient Egypt, but we can pretend to a degree. Or, if you want an inside tub, make it one of the recessed types and construct it of bricks. Diving boards? Are you kidding me? But if you must, a cyprus tree trunk. Cookers? They did have pots, and fire, so work with that. Bonfire meshes exist. Telephones? I'd accept some mysticism, such as a magic mirror or a fake NPC scribe taking a letter. Burglar alarm? An incantation or warning painted in hieroglyphics threatening plague and destruction and venegful Gods, instead. Fire alarms? Consider a bell, or a bucket of sand hung on a wall.

I'm just saying, there are ways to make an attempt to stick within your own theme. And I'm no expert on ancient Egypt, and have probably made a LOLable gaffe, but if that was one of my themes, I'd do some basic research into life during that era and adapt to it.

Photobooth? More likely you'd have some poor schmoe carving your likeness into a wall or brushing it onto a papyrus.

If you want to completely disregard the time era the Sims are geared for, perhaps you need to give up some of the modern conveniences that have no counterparts during your time period.

But that's just me. I'm picky like that.

I'd love to do a Victorian hood eventually, and what I've seen thus far done in that theme has been fairly well done, and anachronisms are handled fairly well. But because my DL folder is already exploding with downloads, I'm trying to resist the urge to start DLing Victoriana like crazy.

Luckily I also kinda like the super mod look, and don't mind decorating Victorian houses with it. That's fairly common where I'm from: retrofitting gorgeous old homes with DSL lines and modern furniture with clean lines. It actually works, because plain, simple furniture tends to highlight the architectural details of the house. A modern house with mod furniture, while fun, can be TOO stark and too bare. Not that this stopped me from making several of those, too.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2007 April 06, 20:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie_sim"
that's very true, I remember when there were posters here called ann bonny and coconut, (those names are imprinted, she never stopped talking about them) she was glued to this site.

It's 'AnneBonny'. The least the tacky pattern creator could do is spell my name correct. Especially if she is as obssessed with my activities as I believe her to still be to this day.  Cool

---

As for Atwa sticking to her theme with stale creations that have all the appeal of a paper cut in the first place? Do not ever forget for a moment you are all speaking of an incredibly stupid person.  A person that emits more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. In other words don't expect her to come up with anything remotely intelligent. Afterall the clever ideas suggested in the previous posts actually require talent...

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: 2007 April 06, 21:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true, we were forgetting she's a political FA, not a real one.

Great to see you back posting  Cheesy I bet all her 'friends' are switching their IM's to invisable mode as we speak...

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: 2007 April 06, 22:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "AnneBonny"
As for Atwa sticking to her theme with stale creations that have all the appeal of a paper cut in the first place? Do not ever forget for a moment you are all speaking of an incredibly stupid person.  A person that emits more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. In other words don't expect her to come up with anything remotely intelligent. Afterall the clever ideas suggested in the previous posts actually require talent...

Gee, AnneBonny, tell us how you REALLY feel. Don't hold back now!

What I do find interesting is that more and more FAs seem to be dropping off...not updating...leaving...asking for changes in status. And there seems to be an elevated sense of paranoia....as though they're about to implode.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I fantasize about TSR going up in a flaming ball of gas you can see from space.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: 2007 April 07, 08:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well thats because they dont have time to create anything with atwa keeping IMing them every minute! ("OMG sherrie posted a clip about me quick...send her a death threat") and ("Holy shit,  AnneBonny's back...I hope she won't mention the cliff")

....but yes, I've noticed that bigtime. I think more and more of the FA's are waking up and smelling the coffee, with a lot of them going free. I'm amazed at how much support we have from former FA's.

its also unusual but very noticable that the better artists are the ones who have left, for all the efforts made by TSR to get decent calibre artists aboard, they have failed miserably, I'd go as far as to say that just in the past couple of months alone, the quality from the FA's has nosedived dramatically as the real talent jumped (and continue to jump) ship and they are left with a self obscessed scarab paster and a handful of drones.

comparing tsr now, to how it was last year, it's pretty clear to see that it's on it's way out, I think thomAss is holding out for TS3 hoping it may give them a subscriber boost like TS2 did.

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2007 April 07, 08:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a lot of FAs and other good artist leaving TSR, so TSR adds new SAs and FAs...but they aren't really that good or original. Its verrryy obvious..

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: