PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 00:35:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 586307 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #135 on: 2006 December 25, 08:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Renatus"

Go tell someone who cares. *shoves Anna into a well*

A bit off message aren't we?  Try making her walk the plank - duh!

Our lil friend must be stopped.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2006 December 25, 10:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "anna"
Well the response I received from my first post doesn't surprise me at all, it was the kind of response I would have expected to receive from the likes of people who think it is fair to freely share what isn't theirs, and it seems you can have only one opinion here.

Au contraire, Anna, it is mine.  I paid for it, and thus, it belongs to me and I can share it with whomever I like.  I am not claiming I made it, and they're all credited.  Plus, we're saving them bandwidth!

I'm talking Morals, something which you all seem to lack, for me what I see you taking and distributing without the soul permission of the Artists and Creators are their ideas, their hard work and their textures all of which they own and wish to share their way, not yours. Whether that be through paysites or not, at the end of the day it doesn't come down to laws or legal issues what you are all doing is morally wrong. But there are no morals here, only those of sewer rats.

Morals are subjective.  I personally don't find it very moral that a lot of these so-called brilliant creators and site owners are trying to rake kids over the coals and bilk their parents out of their hard-earned money for shoddy workmanship and poor customer service.

Think of it this way:  We're letting potential customers try before they buy!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 December 25, 12:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm talking Morals, something which you all seem to lack, for me what I see you taking and distributing without the soul permission of the Artists and Creators

Are you German, or do you just have an irresistible shift key?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
caryse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2006 December 25, 13:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm talking Morals, something which you all seem to lack, for me what I see you taking and distributing without the soul permission of the Artists and Creators are their ideas, their hard work and their textures all of which they own and wish to share their way, not yours. Whether that be through paysites or not, at the end of the day it doesn't come down to laws or legal issues what you are all doing is morally wrong. But there are no morals here, only those of sewer rats.

Anna

They have souls?

C.

----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GL !d s--:+ a- C+++ U P L+ E? W++ N o? K? w-- O? M-- V? PS+++ PE-- Y+ PGP t !5 !X R tv+ b++++ !DI D- G++ e* h---- r+++ x+++**
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 December 25, 13:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anna

IMO the very reason this site is here, is basically because of the lack of morals on the side of the paysites.

Anyone with free content that just invites people to join have not been added here.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 December 25, 15:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us see it differently: We think it's wrong to charge for third-party game content and, as in other gaming communities, when someone tries it, we distribute the stuff for free, the way it should be. In short, we see things from the moral perspective of traditional gamers, and we think you can take your faffy artiste morals and shove 'em.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 December 25, 16:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People who charge money for 3rd party game content have a vested interest in keeping any knowledge they may have from other people. They don't belong to the community; they parasitically feed off it. They're despicable.

But if you still want to claim it's our side that lacks morals, go right ahead. The more upset paysite owners get, the happier I am. I still have a bunch of booty to download -- and I actually have the time on this rainy Christmas day to do it.

seapup
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 December 25, 18:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morals? I'm a pirate, what the hell would I do with morals?

Nevermind I figured it out. Load them in my cannon and fire them at paysites.  :twisted:
« Reply #143 on: 2006 December 25, 19:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
In short, we see things from the moral perspective of traditional gamers, and we think you can take your faffy artiste morals and shove 'em.

If she really had faffy artiste morals, she'd be up in arms about creators taking textures and models from copyrighted works and leading downloaders to assume that they, the creators, made them - and anyone who so much as was inspired by a copyrighted work, ever.  Cheesy  I don't know that she has morals so much as a really, really strong desire to feel like she's better than someone. Anyone.

Quote from: "teadrinker"
A bit off message aren't we? Try making her walk the plank - duh!

Make her walk the plank yourself if you want her to so badly. Pushing people into wells is my thing.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2006 December 25, 19:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Renatus"
Quote from: "Pescado"
In short, we see things from the moral perspective of traditional gamers, and we think you can take your faffy artiste morals and shove 'em.

If she really had faffy artiste morals, she'd be up in arms about creators taking textures and models from copyrighted works and leading downloaders to assume that they, the creators, made them - and anyone who so much as was inspired by a copyrighted work, ever.  Cheesy  I don't know that she has morals so much as a really, really strong desire to feel like she's better than someone. Anyone.

faffy artist morals... such as:

<Wolveswood> Going to my cousins today in the afternoon, which'll be interesting
<Wolveswood> Their parents found their collective pot stashes
<Wolveswood> Agin
<Wolveswood> For like the fifth time
<Wolveswood> They're both 'artists' and claim it's their excuse

whee, faffy artists = drugs! hoorah for faffy artists
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2006 December 25, 19:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Troll's recipe

Ingredients (for 4 persons):
1 cup patronizing attitude, "I know already, nobody cares, but I had to say it anyway" brand.
1 1/2 teaspoons closed mind accusations
1 oz. uninterested pose

Directions:
Put patronizing attitude in a bowl, add the accusations and the pose and carefully stir together avoiding lumps. Blend well with a cup or two of generic moral blabber. Bake in subtle arrogant indifference for 10-15 minutes.
Garnish with a couple of insults, and serve.

Easy, quick, but - sad to say - too common and known.
Nice try, anyway.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2006 December 25, 19:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not talking copyright infringements or EULA statements, obviously this doesn't concern Maxis otherwise there would be no paysites, that's not my concern either.

Cut the crap already.

When you are about the business of faking moral superiority, it's best you not contradict yourself.  It's ok for paysite creators to steal the work of EA games, steal meshes from 3D artist communities, and countless copyrighted photographs of others, but we are the ones who are immoral.  All that other stuff is ok because EA isn't doing anything about it?  

That logic is so severely flawed and yet so convenient for paysite creators (in several cases, the true thieves).

What is actually going on is that too many thieves passing themselves off as creators have the stones to call others thieves for doing what EA Games intended all along - freely distributing their files.  At least here, we're not ripping off someone else's work and pretending it is our own.

As an added bonus for you, EA is not doing anything to stop filesharing either.  The latest expansion pack even made it easier to distribute content by including all meshes when you package a file.  And the patched version of Bodyshop does nothing to change that, in spite of the temper tantrums of various "creators."

Still feel like EA is "souly [sic]" on your side?

Stop confusing moral relativity with morality.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 December 26, 15:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renatus, there are no wells at the sea.  :wink:

Anna, go to the Exchange. Count all the pay stuff that's uploaded there. Yes, count them all, to keep yourself busy. There's your "morals". EA's morals.

Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2006 December 26, 15:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."

Anna, go to the Exchange. Count all the pay stuff that's uploaded there. Yes, count them all, to keep yourself busy. There's your "morals". EA's morals.

That was beautiful.
Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2006 December 27, 09:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "stim"
If he didn't photoshop the fuck out of his pictures, he might actually have one.  I mean, most of the time you can't even see what he's trying to show you because it's hidden behind limbs and swirly shit.  Lame.

Right. i don't even know what the hell he is offering. The hair, the dress or a mesh.

o Away.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: