PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 20:02:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 591518 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #960 on: 2007 June 25, 02:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
Oh yea, I bet she's crying a river.  :roll:

Since all of that group are now (or shortly will be) FA's at TSR, who will be approached next?

Hmmm....maybe the Asian hair people? Peggy/Rose/Raon? Then probably the rest of the Germans - reflex/teko/etc.?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2007 June 25, 02:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy and Rose probably make too much money on their own to move to TSR.  But Raon is fairly new...so that wouldn't surprise me.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2007 June 25, 03:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I wouldn't mind it if all paysite owners who have no intention of going free all went over to TSR. It would make TSR an even bigger and more fun target, and also mean that only a few people would ever have to pay for one sub to get everything in the booty. It would be a win for us, really.

So sure, Thomas, keep swallowing up the paysite people. Just leave the free site people the fuck alone.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2007 June 25, 06:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Actually, I wouldn't mind it if all paysite owners who have no intention of going free all went over to TSR. It would make TSR an even bigger and more fun target, and also mean that only a few people would ever have to pay for one sub to get everything in the booty. It would be a win for us, really.

So sure, Thomas, keep swallowing up the paysite people. Just leave the free site people the fuck alone.

I've been thinking this for quite a while, too. Make all paysite owners FA's, and:
1). We just have to pay for one sub
2). FOCUSED FIRE!!!11
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #964 on: 2007 June 25, 18:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was happy to just sit and laugh over the threads, but seriously, I checked back today at a thread on TSR and I just had to register here and have a good rant. someone was complaining on their forums about how TSR calls recolours 'free' when you gotta cough up for the mesh. So i helpfully posted up the EULA and asked did they ever consider that they were violating by charging for content. Check out their dumbarse reply:
You're not paying to use the stuff (CC), you're paying to keep the site open.

WTF?!
Websites are not free, there's money involved. Most sites call them "donations" and that's exactly what it is. You're donating money to help keep the website open. TSR is the ONLY website I have ever paid for, and that's because there's so much here. At any time of the day, you've got great people who can help you fix errors, there's so many downloads, and so much more troubleshooting and help areas. It's a GREAT site, and that's why I chose to "suscribe".

Bravo nincompoop!
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=311947

Of course they deleted my post with the EULA quote!!!

I've about 100 uploads there, but now I'm seriously reconsidering if I want to upload anything there in future. I am peed off. in fact i think I'm going to put the eula on my profile, just to pee them off back. What a prick!!!!

does anyone know, just how much profit does tsr make each year?

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2007 June 25, 18:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still don't understand the whole "quantity over quality" thing that people apparently believe.

TSR makes a lot.  There's information on it in various threads.

And I know there are recolours of meshes that are not free.  Recolours (free) of Confide's meshes (pay) comes to mind.
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2007 June 25, 20:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone has done the math and said it's probably over 1 million USD.
I don't remember where I read it, though.

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #967 on: 2007 June 25, 20:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: The Game Master

You're not paying to use the stuff (CC), you're paying to keep the site open.

That's hysterically misguided.

Heh.

And no, we don't know how much they make each year - but it has to be a lot.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Nokomys
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2007 June 26, 05:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tankgirl's Reply bold by me:
Many creators spend HOURS and HOURS and DAYS and DAYS of their busy lives making this wonderful custom content...

If someone has a skill that they devote great amounts of time to producing products of that skill, are they not (as every living person) entitled to compensation for their efforts?

Please show me any creator that is being paid by TSR!
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2007 June 26, 06:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember someone saying that TSR paid someone 4 or 5 thousand a month. I can't remember who or where. I'm helpful I know.  :oops:
I wish I could remember because one person said they only offered them like 2000. All I do know for sure, is that some people are paid and some are just screwed over.

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2007 June 26, 06:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hours and hours and days and days?  In a busy life?

That sounds like an awesome life.  I can make shitty clothes--I bet the hours are spent waiting for Body Shop to load, and the days are spent posting on the TSR forum about how tough my life is in every single thread, responding to people who post in my guestbook, and posting in other people's guestbooks as well.

I can do that.  I can totally do that.
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2007 June 26, 09:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nokomys"
Tankgirl's Reply bold by me:
Many creators spend HOURS and HOURS and DAYS and DAYS of their busy lives making this wonderful custom content...

If someone has a skill that they devote great amounts of time to producing products of that skill, are they not (as every living person) entitled to compensation for their efforts?

Please show me any creator that is being paid by TSR!

Well most of the FA's are paid by TSR it's done on a number of downloads basis and Thomas has offered many sites cash to shut down and come to TSR, sims 2 sisters being one that comes to mind. He also offered Nouk money to shut down her site and join TSR but she's a goddess and told him to get stuffed. Cool  

If you want more details do a search for payment and TSR, it's been discussed here quite a few times.
tngrspacecadet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2007 June 26, 09:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from reading the TSR fora, i gather that TSR uses a lot of flattery and also offers some incentives based on the number of downloads.

Can we talk about grilled cheese now?
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #973 on: 2007 June 26, 16:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from reading the TSR fora, i gather that TSR uses a lot of flattery and also offers some incentives based on the number of downloads.
yeah i was sucked in by this myself.

Firstly theres the kudos score, if you get 5000 points you can get 24hours worth of access to the paid <sarcasm>(oops sorry, i mean DONATION)</sarcasm> database. the easiest way to get lots of kudos is to submit CC or stories.

second, if you get 10k SUBSCRIBER downloads (ie paid members DLing your CC), then you get 3000 points or 24hours of access to the paid stuff.

mind you ive almost enough for a subscriber day, if theres anything you want me to get for the booty..?

He also offered Nouk money to shut down her site and join TSR but she's a goddess and told him to get stuffed.
yeah nouk rocks.

Hours and hours and days and days? In a busy life?

That sounds like an awesome life.
Doesnt it just? :mrgreen:

Thomas just gets pricker and prickier every day. I'm definitely not going to submit anything there at all in future. I'm going to upset them a bit before I get banned though Cheesy

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2007 June 26, 21:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "darkgogo"
They stole me my Kudos Sad

Those bastards!  Just another reason why TSR should burn in Hell.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: