PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:21:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 610166 times)
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #555 on: 2007 May 05, 17:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes its true, SA's are given the position without being asked, in all fairness, I have to admit I WAS ASKED, before xmas, twice, but both times I refused, so after xmas they made me SA anyway.  :roll:

There are a few rules that ATWA was unaware of :

namely
Of course you can submit your creations elsewhere, or on your own site if you have one, but you should not use TSR as a place to promote other sites and link to them from here.

to which her reply to me at the time was:
2007-02-07

Like I said it's up to you sherrie, I've spoken to Thomas and he will remove SA status if you go to wicked sims or have anything to do with them... and after what PMBD did to me I dont know why you would want anything to do with them ...are they worth losing your SA status for?

2007-02-07 He wont remove the minisite.. but the SA status and he just asked if you had gone there as he had seen they were talking about Frances, he asked about a lot of people... but when I went to him, I didnīt know if I could/dared to bring up the pirates, he did it himself..

she even lied about that, my minisite was removed along with my SA status simply because I set up my own website kindly hosted by wicked sims. (she maintained that as blue soup once made a donation to wicked sims that made them part of PMBD)

on that rule they should add : subject to atwa's approval.

Sherrie, she still is a pirate and helped them go free, and the name is there.
Thatīs in my eyes, association.. Iīm sorry, but this is my opinion as itīs her, if it had been someone else and they hadnīt done the crap in the pirate phorum, I wouldnīt care, but now they have and I wouldnīt go there..
As I said, itīs up to you..

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2007 May 06, 02:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing like a little pressure to make you stay at TSR...  :?
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: 2007 May 06, 02:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie_sim"

(she maintained that as blue soup once made a donation to wicked sims that made them part of PMBD)

Hmmm. I once made a donation to TSR, and I'm now a PMBD pirate. By this logic, TSR is part of PMBD!

Muahahahahaha!

Regarding the "is it worth losing SA status for" comment...YES!!! It's not like it was your job, for fuck's sake. Sheesh.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2007 May 06, 03:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ren: You're from RenSim, aren't you?  I've read that story on your site.
Ren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2007 May 06, 09:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya, I'm the rensim Ren.. and I did briefly bitch about it in the file's description didn't I.  About the texture theft part anyway, not the fact I couldn't get it removed from TSR.

Okay so let me make sure I have this right... TSR is banning/closing accounts of people associated with this forum?  But they don't *actually* close down "minisites", only the creator's access to their account.  And if they don't go so far as to ban the account, they've threatened to do so?

For meerly partaking in discussion on a forum?  That's just crazy.  I feel really bad for those of you who have a large amounts of creations there and have been subjected to that kind of treatment.

Dan, a Clan, a Canal - Canada!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2007 May 06, 10:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh I don't even believe in unauthorised filesharing, but I still enjoy chatting on these forums. Smiley   I love drama and gossip and it's one of the few forums where you're allowed to carry on a complete and unrestricted wallow in such.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: 2007 May 06, 13:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ren"
Okay so let me make sure I have this right... TSR is banning/closing accounts of people associated with this forum?  But they don't *actually* close down "minisites", only the creator's access to their account.  And if they don't go so far as to ban the account, they've threatened to do so?

nearly right, Atwa tells people that TSR will delete an SA account but not the minisite, However they do delete the minisite.  

I wasn't thrown out for taking part in a forum discussion,merely for opening my own site, who's owner recieved a donation from someone who took part in a forum dicussion!

its also worth mentioning that people who have paid subs have also had their account deleted with NO REFUND, because Thomass SUSPECTED they have been on here or SFV. in fact I read it somewhere in the tossers TOS that they will delete a paid account with no notice if they SUSPECT you are involved in file sharing.

interesting word 'SUSPECT'- Thats basically saying that TSR has the right to hold a trial, be the judge and the jury and hand out a penilty fine.
just another instantace of the short little gnome thinking he's above the law.

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2007 May 06, 13:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, now. No offense to short little gnomes... Ahh, wait, the stealing is driving me nuts - carry on.

P.S. Boy, am I glad I never donated to them. And to think, I did consider it at one point because it was such a large place and had so many many things... Yes, I do know that doesn't mean quality, but I didn't know better. I'm just glad that I'm poor.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: 2007 May 06, 13:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
Now, now. No offense to short little gnomes... Ahh, wait, the stealing is driving me nuts - carry on.

P.S. Boy, am I glad I never donated to them. And to think, I did consider it at one point because it was such a large place and had so many many things... Yes, I do know that doesn't mean quality, but I didn't know better. I'm just glad that I'm poor.

Sorry I only mean to offend short little money grabbing gnomes with bad highlights and lip liner!

On the subject of quality over quantity, TSR do very little to encourage that, when people get banned for posting anything but 'wow your creations are great' or OMG OMG OMG I LOVE your stuff!!! Hugs, kisses rah rah'

if you post any of the above on any creation you are awarded kudos which you can cash in for free days, mini sites, prize draws and so on, but if your post is truthful like 'atwa is your colour palette broken?' or 'atwa, are your creations so poor you have to post pictures of wild plants on your mini site, its a plant get over it we have all seen one' you would then be banned.

result is a few hundered atwa-esqe morons believing their creations are ooober great because they recieved a few copy and pasted niceities off the kudo hunters. they then go on to churn out several items of shit per day in the strong belief that if atwa can become FA anyone can.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: 2007 May 09, 10:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is interesting:

On MTS2 Bruno posted lipsticks and lip glosses that have a special alpha that plumps up lips:

http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/showthread.php?t=230061

http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/showthread.php?t=231299

Notice the posting dates.

On TSR this morning from Iced Mango:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/icedMango/downloads/sims2/sets/488379/

No credit, no mention of Bruno.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2007 May 09, 11:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"
This is interesting:

On MTS2 Bruno posted lipsticks and lip glosses that have a special alpha that plumps up lips:

They seem to be a bit of a try hard to me, even made their own ad just like Bruno.

Angers me a lot to see that, I really don't understand TSR because they alow this kind of stuff...then again as Simslice said to me ! "It's the "key" differences that make it "not a copy"." lol

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2007 May 09, 13:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"
This is interesting:

Oh that's just disgusting. And it sucks that it's not even worth commenting 'cause the comment would be deleted (and I would be banned) before anyone even read it.

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
Ren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2007 May 09, 13:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We live in a world where everything has been done already, including lip plumping alphas... so I wouldn't bank too much on it being a thievery thing.

Dan, a Clan, a Canal - Canada!
callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2007 May 09, 14:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ren"
We live in a world where everything has been done already, including lip plumping alphas... so I wouldn't bank too much on it being a thievery thing.

Yeah, that is true. Nothing new under the sun and all that. But the timing is just...awkward.

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2007 May 09, 16:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. It's annoying. All this wannabeism is discouraging the talent. I know Bruno's work, love it and use it extensively, but if I didn't then I might actually think that this... person... had potential and that disturbs and angers me most of all.

Alas, it is an impotent anger and according to pmbd-philosophy that then just makes it a whine.  :-/

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: