PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 07:17:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 17 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 626184 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1080 on: 2007 July 09, 18:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is "down for maintenance" right now. Yay. I wish it would die.

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 2007 July 09, 18:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great, and it didn't take much asking at all. Methinks TSR are starting to get a bit scared.  Cheesy
PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 2007 July 09, 19:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woooot! theyre totally wrecked!
CatRose
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 2007 July 09, 21:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has been down for maintenance a lot lately.  :lol:
PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 2007 July 10, 04:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

theyre fixing the unfixables! wah!
leilatigress
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 2007 July 12, 18:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I can tell you unequivocally that EA wants TSR to remain and is taking steps to ensure their longevity. Don't waste time railing against TSR."
This was stated by Blue Soup over on SFV on Wed.  Anyone heard any ramblings about this?  Synapse actually asked for an explanation on Thursday but hasn't gotten one.  

Would EA protect TSR?  It's known TSR has been to the events and such that were conducted but it's also known that while Maxis was pretty lax on their EULA EA, being the money grubbing whores they are will defend that EULA.  Top that with the fact TSR Could in a sense be "grandfathered" since they have proof Maxis did support them even if they were violating TOS.

f you have nothing witty to say it is better to be silent
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1086 on: 2007 July 12, 18:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is my opinion Bluesoup is talking out of her ass.

Remember that the old Maxoids supported TSR, but Corporate EA takes a dim view of paysites. If she has information, it's likely outdated.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: 2007 July 12, 18:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see any reason why a lax attitude from Maxis would protect TSR from EA's ToS.  They're two very different corporate cultures.  Personally, I think EA is biding its time for Sims 3 - officially pulling the plug on paysites now would be an arduous and expensive task for a game that's got about 2 years of life in it left.  Maintaining a no-pay policy from the start of Sims 3, on the other hand, would be much, much simpler.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 2007 July 12, 19:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But by taking a stance now against paysitess, it will make it that much easier to stick to it when Sims 3 does come out. Establish a zero tolerance policy now and when some dumbass tries to open a paysite in the future, they'll have no way to claim that they didn't know it wasn't allowed. The only pixels you ought to have to pay for are the ones that come on your game disks. Other people who didn't have anything to do with the game's evolution are just trying to make a profit from the work of others. Many of them haven't done anything that makes the game play revolutionary so why should they get paid? It don't make sense... Then again, most humans don't.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 2007 July 12, 19:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Mmmhmm, much as I like the girl. I don't believe any "EA said" stuff until I see the emails. With names. Because if I ever see something that shocks my socks off, I'd email the EA employee to have them verify they sent it. I mean, I could just go around saying that EA told me that I could make a super-SP bundled file and charge $40 bucks a pop, as long as I didn't claim I was from EA, since it requires Sims2 and therefore publicizes their product. Doesn't make it true.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 2007 July 12, 19:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"

Remember that the old Maxoids supported TSR, but Corporate EA takes a dim view of paysites. If she has information, it's likely outdated.

Wasn't Bluesoup pretty disillusioned when she left here? And could she not be saying this just to make those of us who haunt this board wonder if we'll succeed in our mission? And how probable is it that she would have inside information from the company? I will believe it when EA sends me, personally, a letter via the United States Post Office to cease and desist my actions against their chosen ones, the paysite owners. Until then, the said paysite owners can kiss my gluteus maximus. That means, Thomass, that you can kiss my ass. In theory. I don't want those lips of yours near me, I'd never be clean again... taint, taint!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 2007 July 12, 19:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "littlemisspirate"
I don't see any reason why a lax attitude from Maxis would protect TSR from EA's ToS.  They're two very different corporate cultures.  Personally, I think EA is biding its time for Sims 3 - officially pulling the plug on paysites now would be an arduous and expensive task for a game that's got about 2 years of life in it left.  Maintaining a no-pay policy from the start of Sims 3, on the other hand, would be much, much simpler.

I totally have to agree here, I'm sure EA sees no point in racking up expensive legal fees for a game that is half dead already. In the cases of people like Sherry, they've already helped to get that content off of TSR so I don't think their support for TSR is as solid as Bluesoup claims it is. However, TSR does represent a large customer base that EA would love to keep its claws in, so they may work out some kind of license or agreement in the future (although who knows really, that's just speculation on my part).

At the moment the EULA is written so that EA can apply pressure when they feel like it and for whatever reasons they choose, but they don't have to. Paysites would probably make an obvious target for EA due to the fact that they are literally taking dollars out of EA's pocket, but it would be an unnecessary effort as far as they're concerned right now. There are very few sites left over from the original Sims game, so I imagine things will change and major sites will slowly either change or close down. When Sims 3 comes out the producers of CC will change (although some from Sims 2 may stick around) and will follow (or should follow) whatever the new rules for CC distribution are.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: 2007 July 12, 20:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, EA could easily offer them a contract and cash in on all the money TSR makes. Would be stupid not to do it.

However, TSR would be extremely reformed, because in case of a contract, a disclaimer would be void. Then EA would be responsible and liable for everything they do.

Meaning:
- no photoskinning because of copyrights, unless contracted/open source
- no using meshes from 3rd parties to convert to sims 2, unless contracted
- advertisements not good for EA removed, resulting losss of income
- content not approved by EA removed
- treating people as proper EA customers
- complete policy changes
- FA's leaving because of influence on pay or hating policies, or not being able to function without photoskinning
- Same for sa's
- same for normal creators
- no brands
- no celebrities without approval

Inactive
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 2007 July 12, 20:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep exactly, Nouk. If TSR did become a part of the EA "family" there would be major changes ahead for them, and they wouldn't be able to operate with impunity as the fear of lawsuits would be much more real. In this case, EA would probably just buy the owners off so that they would own the site. They may be figuring out which is cheaper now, suing them or paying them off!  :lol:
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 2007 July 12, 21:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sueing them, they are breaking copyrights all over the place so they haven't a leg to stand on.

However, I believe the question is: what would make EA more money, a contract with them, or ending TSR becuase they are competition?

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: