PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 01:29:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 611350 times)
SuperScooter
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1065 on: 2007 July 06, 03:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally don't like how TSR2 charges you. And I hated it how the sim2 sister now how pay items. D:< really steams my boat. But their are actually really good artist on there that their stuff is free and better than most of the pay stuff on there. But since they offer their stuff for free they aren't that advertised. :roll:
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2007 July 06, 07:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
Interesting...

She went back and edited it, and added the bold bit -  
I am really sorry that MTS2 allows links to sites which have stolen (since nobody asked for my permission to reupload them) some of my creations uploaded at TSR.

So she wants us to ask permission to reupload? Well I would have thought that that has an obvious answer......

Meh its interesting. Dont quite know what to make of this....But I agree with how MissAngelica responded  Smiley  And the person who commented after her, who made the very good point that if Evi really enjoyed her creations then she would share them with everyone

She's now had a friend turn up:

This is so sad....
What I thought was a good idea has turned into a tool to be cruel. When I first read about promoting free sites, I was ready to jump on the band wagon. Then I started seeing a pattern. Instead of promoting free sites so they can gain popularity and be better known, it seems some people are trying to destroy pay sites with cruelty and no compassion what so ever. I have known evi for a while now. You will not find a more caring, compassionate person. She would give you the shirt off her back. She may not like me telling you this but, the little bit she made from TSR she donated to SFB...A FREE SITE!!!!!!!!!
Why can't we treat each other with a little more respect and instead of spending time trying to bring down pay sites, spend it better on making free sites known.
Debra

We're evil mean pirates because all though our site's called paysites must be destroyed we shouldn't be dissing paysites and pointing out their illegality we should only be talking about how great Nouk is (ps. Nouk is amazing). Personally I'm good at multi-tasking so I'm happy to do both.

And how do we destroy pay sites with compassion - 'Oh excuse me Thomas TSR is wonderful, now let me just smother it in it's sleep - don't worry it won't feel a thing.'

And you know bank robbers can donate their ill gotten gains to charity, but that doesn't negate the illegalness of robbing the bank in the first place. :roll:
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2007 July 06, 10:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so sad....
What I thought was a good idea has turned into a tool to be cruel. When I first read about promoting free sites, I was ready to jump on the band wagon. Then I started seeing a pattern. Instead of promoting free sites so they can gain popularity and be better known, it seems some people are trying to destroy pay sites with cruelty and no compassion what so ever.

Cruelty and no compassion? She makes it sound like we're kickin puppies.

edit to remove brackets goof
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2007 July 06, 11:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for pointing that out Minolia!  Smiley

This is so sad....
What I thought was a good idea has turned into a tool to be cruel. When I first read about promoting free sites, I was ready to jump on the band wagon. Then I started seeing a pattern. Instead of promoting free sites so they can gain popularity and be better known, it seems some people are trying to destroy pay sites with cruelty and no compassion what so ever.<Edited>
[/size]

In all honesty, I do understand where she is coming from and agree with it. But that doesnt mean that I do not disagree with this site (yeah obvious that, but just wanted to make that clear before someone flames me).

This was why I liked FFFS so much...even if it didnt obvioulsy do much, it supported free sites and that needed to be done. Its just a different way of looking at it -  we all want sites to be free, so some of us want to destroy paysites, and others want to support free sites, but most just want both. Really though we arent about actually destroying the sites...we just want them to go free.

And the problem with Evi is that she is on a site which doesn't let her have control over stuff, so if she wanted to go free then they probably wouldnt let her...so she, and the other FAs, get the hot rum (as it where) thrown at them. So when Debra says Evi is a nice person, I dont doubt it,  but she is on the wrong site. Its nothing personal against her, we just do not like TSR. But if she left TSR that doesn't mean that she would not get the support and respect she deserves - just look at IcedMango; people were very happy that she had gone free, and now she has a good site and a popular forum going on.

Well thats the way I see it...if all that made any sense. We need to support free sites and destroy paysites, otherwise things go way out of balance and the community will be even less merrier then what it is. Small note hear, TheSimsArtistUnion made the decision not to go pay but desperately need donations to help run the site..so if anyone has any spare cash then thats a good site to help out. Er yeah...I have really gone off my point here, heck I cant even remember what I was going on about...oh someone please pass the rum!!

Er sorry for typos, I am sleepy
[Pointlessly long rant over]

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2007 July 06, 11:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed I don't dislike pay creators as a group, as individuals I'd probably like most of them if I met them in real life and talked to them. (I'd probably still dislike some or be scared of others but not because of their pay policies.)

The thing is we can spend all our time being compassionate saying Nouk is excellent, MTS2 rocks, Pescado has saved my computer from firey death, aren't all these places better than paysites, but in the end that ignores the issue that paysites are illegal and fucking up the community.

And when we do mention this well that's the point where people like Evi ram their fingers in their ears and start going la la while saying we're cruel. Calmly point out the mesage Nouk got (lies! Photoshopped lies!) or suggest they contact EA themselves so they can be proved right and show us the evidence (suddenly a deafening silence.)

And if you really want to you can remove stuff from TSR, people have managed it. It's not impossible you just have to have the energy to fight. And if you do want to do this do a search here find to out how they did it and then if you're still unsure or need help ask for it. (ETA or see the post directly under this one  :lol: )

To be honest one of the reason she gets little sympathy off of me for her message is she's chosen the wrong place in which to host it. Oh no MTS2 lets people mention the booty  :cry:  this is hurting me at TSR and it's not showing respect. But does TSR even let people link to MTS2?

I don't like disrespecting people but the thing is they have a choice, it may not be a choice they want but it's there. And if you remove the pay barrier that's cutting you off from the community and come back then nobody is going to keep giving you a hard time.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1070 on: 2007 July 06, 11:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "The Game Master"
Twig79, Ahthan, and Sherrie_Sim all got their stuff removed...with varying versions of delicious, screenshot-worthy drama. Try one of those methods!
Uhh... sorry if I'm sounding exasperatingly thick, but what exactly were those methods? I can't access my account, and even if I could, only SAs and FA's can edit their submissions

Hi game master, your my latest hero and I have all your screenshots!
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2183/silverarrowtn6.png
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7330/silverarrow2ec4.png
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1968/75812743wr5.png

(hahaha nice work!)

here's the thread you are looking for,

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?p=35850&highlight=sherrie#35850

if you need any help just drop me a mail or PM

Hope this helps  Cheesy

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2007 July 06, 11:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Minolia"
I don't like disrespecting people but the thing is they have a choice, it may not be a choice they want but it's there. And if you remove the pay barrier that's cutting you off from the community and come back then nobody is going to keep giving you a hard time

*shares rum with Minolia* Well said!

And when did Twig79 remove her stuff from TSR? I knew she had left - as in not uploading any more - but didnt know she had removed her content. I mentioned that to her a little while ago and she said she wasnt going to remove it...hmm I wonder what changed her mind.  :?:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 2007 July 06, 13:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yay! congrats!
JessicaMcPherson
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2007 July 07, 18:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...Guess TSR needs to get some new publicity. :roll:

Although I don't know why they are advertising in TSO. I need something witty to say to them next time I visit. TSR sucks.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 2007 July 07, 21:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "stepho"

This is what I wrote to TSR:
I have become very troubled about TSR policies recently and I would like to remove the three items that I have uploaded here. I firmly believe all items made for The Sims 2 should be completely free for anyone to use. My neighborhood Midbiscus Grove has had a lot of downloads recently and the idea that it or any of my creations might be locked so players will have to pay to download it is unacceptable to me. Please remove Lounge on the Couch screenshot (http://www.thesimsresource.com/screenshots/view.php?id=71140) Tori Amos Shirt 001 (http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/clothing/female/adult/everyday/497956/) and Midbiscus Grove (http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/hoods/506909/) as soon as possible. If they are not removed within two weeks I will contact EA and have them intervene on my behalf. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this important matter.

By the way if anyone wants my Midbiscus Grove neighborhood it will always be free, along with anything else I post on my website in the future. You can download it without having to bother with TSR by clicking here: http://www.midbiscusgrove.com/downloads/midbiscus_grove.zip I'll be putting up preview pictures on my website soon. Thanks for edumacating me about the evil that is TSR!  Cheesy

Ahh, we love TSR refugees. I think your letter looks good. Sherrie did something similar and got her files removed. If I stumble over the link, I'll post it here.

Congrats on going free.
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: 2007 July 09, 16:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or does the new set of Elmazzz eyes look incredibly similar to Helaene's sparkling eyes?

Helaene

Elmazzz

The TSR eyes aren't in the booty yet, so I can't do an out and out compare, but even without doing that, they're still very similar.  The Elmazzz eyes just seem to have a slight blur added, and darkening around the iris.  Coincidently, the set "Comes in 9 sparkling colors!"  All I know is, as soon as I saw that new set, I automatically thought of Helaene's.  Of course, Helaene's are nicer.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/sets/525630/

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1076 on: 2007 July 09, 16:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We took a look at the two textures....and while I appear to be in the minority so far, I think that the eyeballs are from the same source, and the shadowing is the product of the same Linda tutorial.

Other details in the textures are quite different. Someone has put out a call to Helaene to see whether she created teh original art or photoskinned...if the latter, then it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

And frankly, there are a dozen eyes that all look much like that....IMO.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1077 on: 2007 July 09, 17:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woo woo! That's great good luck on your site.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1078 on: 2007 July 09, 17:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update... my content was removed as of this morning.  :mrgreen:

Huzzah!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1079 on: 2007 July 09, 18:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update... my content was removed as of this morning.  :mrgreen:

Ok, so I just took a me-wide vote, and it's unanimous, we're excited for you!  Hurrah!  Hurrah!   Cheesy

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: