PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:34:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The teutonic TWATS!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The teutonic TWATS!  (Read 25378 times)
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
The teutonic TWATS!
« on: 2008 June 02, 10:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't know who they are, you can read about them in the FAQ. The Teutonic Twats!
In my opinion - a perfect describtions, unless, i would use even harsher words.
The TWATS started out another website to suck money out of people: habitat43.com
So what are they up to now?

A Friend of mine of a friend of mine of a friend of mine, told me that they are watermarking their files.
They have put a lot of money into watermarking their files, to prevent sharing. That means you my friend,
will not be able to share the files you buy from them with your friends. Shouldn't they suffer? I think they shall suffer,
i mean real suffer!  Angry The greedy money-whores are sly scoundrels who might send you a package now and then,
telling you that "we have technical problems at the moment, so we send you our weeks files manually"

They send this obvious to see if their Ikea stuff is going to be uploaded in the booty, and of course people share to break them,
so when they see their Gustav Ikea packages in the booty, they can track up the person who have bought these packages.
Then they send their customers e-mails, telling them how busted they are! I would actually encourage people trying to destroy them to dust!
Nuke the hell out of them, or whatever, let them suffer!

EA games have socalled Securom, now paysite owners like habitat43 have their files watermarked. So, what can be done
with watermarked files? Can EA games really accept that files used for their game is beeing watermarked?
I think maybe Pescado could do something about this. If there are anyone else reading this who got the package from
habitat43 manually, send the package to Pescado. I am sure he wouldn't mind.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
madfairy
ARR!

My middle finger...let me show you it.

View Profile
Re: The teutonic TWATS!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 02, 10:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG that is so wrong. SOMEONE DESTROY THEM!  Cry

I SAY YAAAR TO PAYSITES...
madfairy7.deviantart.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 02, 11:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should research on where the watermarks are, and get two or more versions of files to see what they change. Are they in the pictures? If so, just open up simpe, export the picture, edit out the watermark(s), build dxt to place it back without quality loss. You'll have to be sure to find all the watermarks.
Just like TSR, I would be proud Wink if the watermarks are not in the images, Pescado can handle it.

Inactive
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 02, 11:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually quite surprised that they haven't thought of this already. Kinda wily. But, like Nouk said, I have little doubt that pirates will find a way to circumvent it, 'cause pirates are even wilier. Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 June 02, 11:58:37 by glasscigarette » Logged

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 02, 11:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moniker "Greedy bitches" really fits them well.  Angry

I guess Birgit abandoned the "it's only for teh webhosting, srsly!" excuse a long time ago.

Like Nouk said, Pes and the booty staff should be able to handle it.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 02, 11:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they are using tracking cookies. Have no doubt spoken to Thomas and taken the idea of him - of course, Pescado is more awesome them Thomas and eats them cookies right up. NOM

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 02, 11:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should research on where the watermarks are, and get two or more versions of files to see what they change. Are they in the pictures? If so, just open up simpe, export the picture, edit out the watermark(s), build dxt to place it back without quality loss. You'll have to be sure to find all the watermarks.
Just like TSR, I would be proud Wink if the watermarks are not in the images, Pescado can handle it.

Well, ehm, one of the staff did actually pick up the image from the site. So i do not think the watermarks are in the pictures?
i can't start cleaning up files, i have no idea how to do this. That is why i hope pescado might do something with it.
OMg, i am so furious at these twats, i have no words for it. they actually set their own COPYRIGHT in files belonging to EA games!
And expect people to pay for their IKEA items, they are copying everything themself, and claim copyrights for some meshing they do.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 02, 12:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The copyrights are only in their heads. Once the stuff is packaged in EA's package format they can't claim copyright over it. So the only thing they are doing is trying to find people who share.
Report it to Ikea and see what happens. They are the ones with a contract with EA to sell Sims 2 stuff, and not with Birgit or however they are named. If they indeed claim copyright over Ikea name and/or design, Ikea could take action.

Inactive
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 02, 13:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why we recommend everyone use Certified Booty Content - Pescadoized for your protection.

And of COURSE the Twats are using the same system TSR does. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas gave them the system or they do it through the TSR servers. What blows my mind is that Thomas KNOWS we can eat the tokens, so he must have realized it wouldn't take us long to figure out the Twats are using it too. I suspect one or two subs will get killed off because of it, but in the long run, we will solve it.

Edited to remove grammasite.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 02, 14:48:10 by Hecubus » Logged

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 02, 14:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found several items which is clearly copied from IKEA, i saw the details on the swedish Ikea site - and the twats have copied them:

vika from Ikea:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/tymnia/Vika.jpg
From Ikea Sweden:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/tymnia/workingchair.jpg

study gustav from Habitat:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/tymnia/studygustav-1.jpg

I am going to do some more resrearch, i can see where they get their ideas from, if they call it another name they still claim copyrigth over their design!
So i guess i have to contact Ikea and tell them. They are probably getting their ideas from more designers than Ikea. The toilet and bidet might be from a french or a spanish catalogue.

This is why we recommend everyone use Certified Booty Content - Pescadoized for your protection.

And of COURSE the tTats are using the same system TSR does. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas gave them the system or they do it through the TSR servers. What blows my mind is that Thomas KNOWS we can eat the tokens, so he must have realized it wouldn't take us long to figure out the Twats are using it too. I suspect one or two subs will get killed off because of it, but in the long run, we will solve it.

*sigh* How the hell should i know, nobody has ever told me to use any Certified booty content.

« Last Edit: 2008 June 02, 15:12:39 by Luna » Logged

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 02, 15:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL- So what it all boils down to is, the booty versions will be the superior versions of their own files.  Silly Teutonic Twats, I don't blame you entirely, I also blame your parents for not teaching you how to share.

* Pictures three nastier versions of Veruca Salt sitting atop their pile of toys* 

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 02, 15:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Hmm, let me have some fun here please!  Grin

This is the original picture from Ikea Catalogue!

And this is the watermarked set from Habitat43!

Swedish Livingroom from Ikea:

They update sets EVERY WEEK! Of course they must have the magazines to get ideas, and to claim copyright over their creations!
Damm, looks like i have to order some of Ikeas magazines, catalogues myself.

« Last Edit: 2008 June 02, 15:24:59 by Luna » Logged

CaptainChris
ARR!

Picture it, Sicily 1922....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 02, 15:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blech! There's only 2 items of Birgit's shit that I actually like, that stuff is pathetic. What fun, we get to be blinded every week by that crap. What scares me a lot is the Ikea catalogue is like 100 of so pages, which means 100 weeks of visual rape from them.  Angry

I much prefer the eaxis Ikea stuff, and more importantly, the beautiful Ikea stuff on MTS2.
Simsbaby
Landlubber

INTP - I DID do it!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 02, 16:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or does the room look close to what the Ikea ad shows, but really quite far away from it? The pillows on the sofa don't even match, and where are the stools?
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 02, 16:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Birgit copies her designs from many companies, I don't think she's had an original design idea since she's  been simming. 

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: