PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:24:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A Very Interesting Discovery...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Very Interesting Discovery...  (Read 47972 times)
Emily
ARR!

View Profile
Re: A Very Interesting Discovery...
« Reply #150 on: 2008 June 06, 23:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I haz cute bunny. I can be spy too?

Reminds me of the bunny I had when I was little.

(and a tiny turtle!)
It's far from tiny now, It's about 20cm long now, nearly fully grown. We have a 6ft tank for it now. I was going to put a pond in the backyard but the cane toads are really bad at my place and I don't want to give them a place to breed. Plus my dog likes to chase cane toads, he's nearly died three times from biting them. Sad
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 June 06, 23:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strix, that last picture would make a great lol cat. It could say something like STFU and Go Away, or something like that. Cool pic.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2008 June 07, 00:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She does need macro-ing. "STFU n00b!" or something perhaps Cheesy

"You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who screams THEIR head off will be provided for you."
   Grouch cop, "Elmo in Grouchland"
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2008 June 07, 03:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I can't resist showing off my baby. This is Millie when she was only a wee kitten. She still is, and I love seeing that ball of fur sprint around the theatre room when she has no collar on Cheesy

Teh Millie

Aww! Your cat looks almost like MY cat!!  Black & white, with black nose and white paws - my cat has an extra finger on his front paws, so they look like hands/mittens. I must say, though, even the part of your house in that picture looks eerily similar to mine O.O  But back to the cats: my kitty is 4 years old now, but when he was a baby he was soooooooo adorable!!  He's still adorable now, but you know what I mean - kittens are so new and curious and they don't know what anything is, it's fascinating to watch them.

Seeing your kitty's picture just reminds me of all that: I remember when my little baby was too small to climb steps, and he didn't understand how "eyeballs" work (blinking, moving, etc) so he'd poke my eye.  I'd be going to sleep, he'd be peeking his head out from one side of the pillow, and I would watch him while he watched me. He would then cautiously reach a paw out and touch my eye quickly before withdrawing it lol

Anyhoo, just had to comment since yours looks almost like mine, and has such a cute expression on her face!  I like the bell.  I once bought mine a very nice red collar with a bell, but he started acting all retarded when we put it on, and tried to bite it by twisting his head in weird ways and turning in circles. Undecided

Edit: Just wanted to add, because it's both odd and amusing, that my cat tries to talk to birds.  He makes this very odd, ..stuttered? meowing that's, I guess, supposed to sound like chirping.  They chirp, he chirp-meows at them, and they continue chirping.  Maybe he can talk to them?
« Last Edit: 2008 June 07, 03:55:40 by RenegadeSims » Logged

Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 June 07, 04:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cats do that too it is hilarious when they chatter at them.  Mine will do that and have their tails lashing, they want the birds so badly.

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 June 07, 17:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a kitty's way of ordering KFC.

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: 2008 June 07, 18:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cats talk to the birds, too...lol.
Milo likes to chatter at them, then he meows really loud and scares them all away. He gets this...muhahahaha look on his face as he turns to get out of the window....then he comes up to me like, Did you see what I did? I scary fat cat...lol.

Odie just twicthes and chatters...she's silly.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2008 June 08, 04:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never knew it was a common occurrence!  I googled this last night before going to bed and saw a bunch of YouTube clips of cats chattering to birds and was quite fascinated to see my cat isn't the only one.  I do have another cat but he doesn't chatter at all, and the cat I had about 14 years ago (my first cat, he's no longer around Sad) never chattered, either.  I'd also never come across it in all the personal research I've done about cats over the years.

I've read some mixed opinions on why cats chatter, but I don't think mine does it out of frustration or wanting to eat the birds - I think he really wants to talk to them lol.  He's never been outdoors, he's a very sweet cat, and he scares REALLY easily.  But who knows; I'd like to believe my little baby doesn't want to eat them Tongue

Ry, Pooki - are your cats outdoor cats, or have they ever gone outside just to sniff around? How do you think they learn how to chatter? It's so odd-sounding lol

Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 June 08, 14:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cats are indoor ones but I have let them outside before to play some.  Its something that all the cats I have ever had have done.  Even the ones that were outdoor cats.  I used to have one that would chatter at the fish tank too. Cheesy  I think it is just an instinct in them, and some do it some don't.   My cats are very vocal too and always meow back at us when we talk to them.  I swear sometimes my hubby's cat understands what he wants her to do, he will tell her to do something and she immediately goes and does it.  Hubby is a cat whisperer. LOL!

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 June 08, 16:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Freddy varies his pitch in his meow. He sings with my bf in the shower, and he sounds happy especially if it's cold, because he knows that when bf gets out of shower he is going have a very warm lap!
He also greets us, and the pitch varies depending on how lonely he's been. If he's been stuck inside it's usually a desperate "hurry up and feed me! I have that Siamese cat down the street to see!" kinda meow, and he hits and run.
if its summer and hes been going in and out of the house, he greets us with a "Oh. Hey can you like feed me...and uh..sit down afterwards...so I can nap on you? It's hot.." *pause* "and I would very much like to make you uncomfortable."

And then there is the short meows when he sees his towel being lifted from his Vet box, and I swear he's saying "Bath or the Vet? bath or the VET? You're doing it again man! You're lifting that towel! Come on, don't...you totally suck! I hate that towel! it represents pain!" <-- he usually really drags out a whingeing meow at that last part. It's a green towel I wash after his baths, and he hates it lol.

Yeah I love my Freddy, he's awesome. Because it's winter he hangs out a lot with me, and he's getting a bit old so he's appreciating his human slave  Cheesy

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2008 June 08, 17:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both of them have *snuck* out before, but are indoor cats for the most part.
Odie never did it until Milo came, he 'taught' her or something.
I had a cat years ago who never did this either, I'd never heard of it until Milo came and started in on it. Then Odie learned....
Both are very vocal, too. Milo meows his name when he's hungry....Odie just complains all the time..lol..

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 June 09, 17:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, i found this cute singing cat video Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4r-jnHJt0o&feature=related

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2008 June 10, 04:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr House, aww thats cute! She sounds sad though =(

As for the indoor/outdoor thing and chattering - seems like it doesn't have anything to do with that, but it sounds like VOCAL cats do it.  My fat old outdoor tabby is not vocal, so he doesn't do any chattering despite hearing Simon do it.  And Simon is verry vocal, he likes to talk and I have no idea what he says half the time lol.  It's probably things like "Do you has food for me?!" and "Gimme sum attenshunz plx!"  I figure he talks like lolcats, in a very cute kiddie-voice, if he were to talk in Human.

I was going to say something else, but no longer remember. Oh well. Moar cat talk! Smiley

Emily
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 June 10, 04:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my cats have ever 'chattered' with birds, when we had two cats at the same time they used to work together to catch birds.

The cat I have now hardly makes any noise, only when she's playing with the octopus toy she loves, she'll start meowing loudly, like she does when she's going to throw up, so I'll run to her to try and get her outside before she chucks up in the house, but it's just her playing the the stupid toy. But when I don't go to her she'll chuck up all through the house.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: