PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:22:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Random rant that was on the Booty shopping list
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random rant that was on the Booty shopping list  (Read 42425 times)
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Random rant that was on the Booty shopping list
« Reply #30 on: 2008 May 21, 22:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Panda, I'm not strongly probooty.. I don't use it because I would prefer to only use content that people want me to use... I'm mainly a free site person who wishes paysites didn't exist at all.

However this is one time I 100 percent line up with Pescado. People deciding to take their toys and go home is NO reason to accede to their request. If they flounce, they flounce and that is their problem. The community is better without drama queens. Give it a short period and someone else will start making FF sims. Or you could make it yourself..

Unless of course you're the siteowner and you're here to try a guise to get your stuff out of the booty.

And the big difference with DL's stuff would maybe be because DL does it for love rather than filthy lucre?

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 May 21, 22:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so have we concluded that it's not Lunar Eclipse/Dark Lunaris' stuff? I think it threw me off a bit since the styles are so similar. I agree though, DL's stuff is much better.

They are very similar, but I think this Sepinroth-person is not stealing from DL. She has no links to DL in her MTS2 downloads, so I assume it's all her own work.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 May 21, 22:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is making her own items. She is here at MTS2:

sephiroth1
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=278159

Many thanks for the reply, Captain, and some good advice.
I'll try sending them an e-mail, the main reason I submitted a request first is because the owner of the site had taken down all their content once before, and I do not wish to upset them into taking it down again. It's very hard to find good meshers who are willing to take up a request for something, an item that would prove very popular or that is very hard to obtain.
If the site owner fails to understand the message I put across, and fails to understand further if I breif them again, I'll let you know.
If all else fails, I'll get a subscription and submit some of the content to the Booty once I get my online payment working again.

Hey, guys. Please hear me out. Seriously, I don't think it's a good idea to submit content from Silver Wind. If the site owner sees their content posted on the Booty, they WILL close down their site and take all downloads away. Trust me, that's not good at all. That means no one can download any more new FF7 content from them, ever. We all agree, this person is so talented, and the only one capable of making such wonderful FF7 content. And I'm positive we all agree that we don't want their site to be forever closed with no chance at all to download any great new items from them. No offense, but just because you want one item from them for free, you will be punishing everyone when their site closes. This is one site where I actually don't mind buying their items at all. They are excellent quality, and something you can't find anywhere else. You can tell this person strives really hard for quality and is kind enough to even share these items with us when they don't have to. Obviously, this person isn't in it for the money, or they wouldn't threaten to close their site. They just want a little appreciation and respect for their hard work to please us, and I think they deserve it x100. We shouldn't put these items in the Booty. I don't want there site to close with no chance of ever downloading any fantastic new FF7 items from them. And they seriously will close their site and never share again. I don't want one person to ruin it for everyone. That would be a huge tragedy. I can tell from your posts you love this person's stuff and you don't want their site to close. So for the love of FF7 and all the Simmers who love it, please don't put their items in the Booty!!! Cry

Do you have any IDEA what you are talking about? If any siteowner should be in the booty, that's for sure her! If you are a member there, you should know how much you have to pay for 1 single item. Let me tell you since you not seem to reveal how greedy this siteowner is:

These are Final Fantasy VII characters, and their items are not superiour over other items.
Hair:
Zack: $3usd
Rufus: $3
Tseng: $2
Angeal: $2
Reno: $3
Vincent: $3
Yazoo: $3
---------------
total $19USD for 7 different hairstyles who is not at all marvellous, some of them have even small gaps.

But you don't only want the hair, do you? You want the clothes as well, right?
Then you have to pay $10USD for 4 outfits.

This is getting very expensive, if you will like to pay for the set, you are now going to pay $29 for 7 hairstyles - and 4 outfits.

Okay, you think this is expensive, but you would love to have the model Zack. But you know, that is really not a problem.

She is so nice </insert ironic> to give you a  gift, IF you pay for Zacks hair and outfit, then you'll get a gift, the model from FF7 made of
a skinton from SimCibbling.

But who will only play with Zack? This is after all FF7, so you must have Rufus as well, And Angeal and the other figures.

Free gift when people donate Rufus hair and Suite
And further....

For those who don't make the models themself, or are not so clever to do that, means you have to pay to get the model.
This is a role play game, so why use sims 2 for playing Final Fantasy, when you can buy the game??

This is not meant as CHILLING! this is meant as a very good advice!

« Last Edit: 2008 May 21, 23:16:01 by Luna » Logged

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 May 22, 00:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All paysite files should be made available in the booty. *shrugs* I don't see anything different  here, apart that she is charging that much money for Square Enix's character designs, and implementing on EA/Maxis technology.

Who is the real thief here?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 May 22, 01:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate Panda, I'm sorry but we want anyone who's trying to rip off the Sims community to that level to shut themselves down. It's extortion. let them flounce.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 May 22, 01:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate Panda, do yourself a favour and take yourself to a doctor and get cured of your cranial rectal inversion, there are plenty of people out there better than her at making this stuff and they do it for free. What kind of jackass makes threats like that and then charges for re-colours of Maxis shit? Morons and inbred fools that should be stopped from breeding. Methinks a good stiff shot of chlorine to the gene pool would rid us of people like them. After seeing what she put up on her/your site, I can only say this for you/her: Thus is demonstrated the  the type that would go to the zoo and throw excrement at the monkeys. Grow up and shut up. Twit.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 May 22, 01:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prices are extortion and the threats are insulting. Especially so, when you know what you're doing is illegal, you're just cashing in on someone else's ideas to begin with, and not just once but twice.

I favour a Final Fantasy flounce forthwith.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 May 22, 02:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go here.

http://silverwindclub.web.fc2.com/mailform.htm

She must die. Fuck being polite, this is shit. Will post more when I can do so without making every other word vulgar.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 May 22, 02:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YOu know, you gotta love a threat like this:

However, if people come from PMBD or suspicious, I won't give you pass word.

We make TSR cry...you think we're gonna be stopped by some tiny shit site's idle threats? HAH. She's a pimple on the butt of the guy who cleans out the stable of TSR.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 May 22, 03:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus, I swear....seems like all the paysite owners all escaped from the same goddman nuthouse. Panda, go smoke some funny stuff, or drink rum, then come back when you can actually think,'k?And oh, Panda, just so you know, there's also a file repository for the free creators who drop off the face of the earth, so it makes sense to have the paid booty here, and the free booty graveyard elsewhere.

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 May 22, 04:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's pay, it belongs in the booty. Simple as that. And no amount of WAAH-I'M-TAKING-MY-TOYS-AND-GOING-HOME's can change that.
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 May 22, 06:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much ado about this mediocrity?!   Shocked

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 May 22, 06:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell?

I've had Final Fantasy characters in my game for years, before that site ever existed, and I got all the stuff I use for free, and there isn't anything particularly special about this person's site or their content.  It's not like they've even made everyone.  I'm trying to remember the name of the creator who made most of the stuff I use, but I'm drawing a blank.  I'll have to go look it up later.

Even freaking ROSE offers her FF stuff for free, BTW.

So this creator isn't the only one making content for the fandom and, even if they were, they're still playing other fans for a fool and charging money for someone ELSE'S copyrighted and trademarked material, and against the EULA for the game.
L Lawliet
Landlubber

You can pay a visit to Mr.I-don't-give-a-damn

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 May 22, 08:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only did you misunderstand my accusations, panda, but you have turned it into a form of senseless drabble.
I was turned away from SilverWind when I approached politely and asked them to simply make their content free, for the sole purpose of the copyright reagrding Square Enix as a start and then further expressing the issues regarding the EA End User License Agreement. They refused to discuss with me any further and now they will feel my wrath.
I was concerned about them taking their stuff down before someone could get it for the Booty. When someone does and if they close after that, then it's tough. If they wish to act like an immature child and throw all their toys out of the pram then I'll let them.

And I own FFVII, but you can exactly play around with the characters as well as you can in the Sims 2. The difference being that FFVII is an RPG, and the Sims 2 is a sandbox-like game. You can do nearly anything you want with the Sims 2, so after I finally got fed up of playing FFVII's predictable story over and over I chose to put them in the Sims 2 and experiment. It's more entertaining to a certain extent. Watching Sephiroth set fire to his oven, get abducted by aliens and then get fired from work is just a handful of stuff that makes me glad I put them in the game.

And whenever you find the link, Quinctia, to that site you mentioned. Be sure to post it. If it turns out SilverWind stole content and is claiming it as their own, we can hurt them even more.
Someone should get this in the Booty though, the manners of this siteowner are not acceptable.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 22, 09:10:41 by L Lawliet » Logged
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 May 22, 08:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quinctia
I know there are some items made of navetsea over at MTS2 for free. He is making the models far better. And he is also creating the skins himself,
for free.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=176365

and here is a 100% freesite:
http://www.freewebs.com/squall117/finalfantasysims.htm

squall117 also have items over at MTS2.

And a lot more creators, just browse the mts2 here:
http://forums.modthesims2.com/download.php?tag=final%20fantasy

Maybe you find more sites Quinctia, please post it here Smiley

Pirate_Panda, why not download the items for free? Hypotetically speaking, if PMBD should not care getting her stuff in the booty, then go to piratebay, and
beg them not put her stuff up - sheesh, imagine asking the guys over there.. We are probably too kind to you.

« Last Edit: 2008 May 22, 09:32:47 by Luna » Logged

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: