PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:52:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 961472 times)
Pineapplebrain
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #285 on: 2008 May 23, 11:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can understand her wish for neutrality - as long as it's true neutrality, and I made a reply to the whole pay/free announcement saying as much. If links to paysites are permissible, so too should links to filesharing sites ...otherwise I will no longer feel comfortable frequenting the site.
Mi-Chii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2008 May 23, 12:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank god Kathy is back. I totally fled insim when BBB was in control. Only popped in on the mac users forum from time to time, since BBB only gives faulty or bad advice there, and me and hugelunatic seem to be the only ones with real knowledge...

Btw, I am disappointed with you all people, that you keep forgetting GoS when it's talk about posting everywhere else Wink Thank god we have Anna X, that updates us who forget to check in here more than once a week.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: 2008 May 23, 12:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If links to paysites are permissible, so too should links to filesharing sites.

Nope - same old "neutrality" as always - from kathy herself:

Nope file sharing links are not allowed as it would mean drama and I happen to be anti-drama. Again what you send in private messages is your own business but this site is not a platform to push either agenda.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
MinLynn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2008 May 23, 12:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's not a platform to push either agenda, then shouldn't links to pay files be banned as well?  Would only make sense if you want to be truly neutral wouldn't it?  If you allow links to pay files then, in reality, you are pushing for the paysite agenda not being neutral.

I\\\\\\\'m a damn naggin housewife and mother to 3.  Now where the hell is my Midol at?!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: 2008 May 23, 12:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it depends on whether you're asking people to pay for it or not. I use pay items on my site, but I make no bones about it being freely available. (I am part of the free-stuff-for-everyone school of thought.)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: 2008 May 23, 14:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's not a platform to push either agenda, then shouldn't links to pay files be banned as well?  Would only make sense if you want to be truly neutral wouldn't it?  If you allow links to pay files then, in reality, you are pushing for the paysite agenda not being neutral.

If she's going down that route, then she should use the MTS2 template, whereby even showing pay stuff in your screenshots is a no go. If you can't link to the booty, but everyone is posting pictures of Peggy hair then that isn't neutrality, that's pro paysite, because that's where the sheeple looking for the hair will be directed to.

Shark*Tooth*Hester
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2008 May 23, 15:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys missed the fun little "warning" on insimadult.

And last but not least, I have been informed that this site has been quite the little drama cess pool lately. Bottom line this ends today or I lock every single area that is for discussion. This site is not a site for you to abuse other members, regardless of their personal opinions and will not be treated as such. Drama, bullshit and peoples personal agenda's will no longer be tolerated so let this serve as a warning to everyone, keep it up and these areas will be removed.

So...no one is allowed to have an opinion anymore or she'll lock the entire forum. (BTW the forum needs more money!)

I tried to hold on to that forum, there's a lot of cool people there. But if it's going to end up tsr like police state that little "You haven't participated" nag can just stay there forever for all I care. I can grab the goodies and ignore the site like whoa.

Yeah, she's free to run her forum any way she likes but i'm free to tell her to go fuck herself in response.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: 2008 May 23, 15:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that as 'be less stupid' rather than 'stop having opinions'. Kathy doesn't mind some lulzy drama, but some of what was going on there was downright stupid.

That's my hunch, anyway.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 May 23, 15:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm quite sure that neutrality will equal pro-paysite. She's not going to ban links to pay content, but will ban links to file-sharing. I do like the content on insim, love the bodyshapes, but the community there is beyond annoying. Now that my opinions aren't welcome, why would I bother?

The long absence only broken by a new desperate plea for donations and threats of bannings doesn't look good. I don't think they're dishonest, but they really don't present a positive image this way.

It's her site and she can run it however she likes, but I think this approach will lead to much more drama and stress for her.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: 2008 May 23, 16:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you allow links to pay files then, in reality, you are pushing for the paysite agenda not being neutral.

Hence my use of quotation marks around "neutrality" - cause it's a special kind of neutral, a Clayton's neutral - the neutral you have when you're not having a neutral.  Cheesy

If she's going down that route, then she should use the MTS2 template, whereby even showing pay stuff in your screenshots is a no go.

Yeah, but she won't - "neutrality" in this case is anti-pirate.

So...no one is allowed to have an opinion anymore or she'll lock the entire forum. (BTW the forum needs more money!)

That's not about opinions - that's about a specific drama unrelated to paysites. I read that drama at the time - I dunno if it's still there since she came back - but it was interesting *and* sleazy.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Shark*Tooth*Hester
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 May 23, 16:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not about opinions - that's about a specific drama unrelated to paysites. I read that drama at the time - I dunno if it's still there since she came back - but it was interesting *and* sleazy.

I read that as 'be less stupid' rather than 'stop having opinions'. Kathy doesn't mind some lulzy drama, but some of what was going on there was downright stupid.

Oh, I see.

Well I didn't know about any sleezy drama going on. Regardless I stand by the statement that it's poor form to say "We need money plz friends" and "Gonna banninate yoooou" in the same statement. I suppose she meant it to come across as the sheriff being back in town, but it really comes off as absurd, and at worst a little nasty. (And if she's really going after the stupid on that forum she's going to need some fire and fishing boots because it's knee deep at this point.)

Also...will someone tell me what the Chairman Greg references are about? I hadn't heard about any recent detours from reality he's taken.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: 2008 May 23, 16:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I didn't know about any sleezy drama going on.

Check out stickies in the Couch section, and this will lead to an understanding. The original thread is still there, buried.  Wink

Also...will someone tell me what the Chairman Greg references are about? I hadn't heard about any recent detours from reality he's taken.

It's not recent - it's old - but it was the same bullshit under the heading of "neutrality". http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=42552 I got a post removed before that - when they were talking about neutrality - it's only pirates who should be neutral - not paysite promotions.

Visit Calalilysims

kathy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 May 23, 18:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to my post on the adult site... how about trying to read the garbage that was posted that fueled my disgust? What I posted was rather tame compared to what I was thinking.

And linkage... bottom line I don't care what you guys post in private messages but on the site the links will not be allowed. This is for my own sanity and noone elses. This is one of the reasons why I needed a break, because people don't know when to let it drop. What has been accomplished since this site and others similar have been opened? Not a damn thing. EA hasn't taken any steps towards killing paysites and with their silence they have said they approve. Like them or not they will always be around in one form or another and will continue as long as someone is willing to purchase their product. The fate of the Sims 2 Web section has yet to be determined but things aren't looking very positive for that area and most likely will be removed unless someoe can give a sound reason as to why it shouldn't be.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: 2008 May 23, 18:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you've been away for a time, but even before that, enough had happened to where you could see what has been accomplished.  Sites have gone to supporting free-content only wholeheartedly.  Take MTS2.  Anything you see on that site now can be had.  Stuff in preview pics, lots uploaded, all of that.  Without even entering the "debate," so to speak.  That's a major accomplishment.  No pay items at all.  So no one has to link to either a paysite or a filesharing site.  There are tons of other sites and users who have just decided to up and boycott anything pay.

I've seen an increase in sanity among the community in general.  There are people like me who, if this place hadn't have sprung up and filesharing was kept SILENT, just would've kept quietly playing a bit on their own and staying away from the insane community on the internet.  Because charging for derivative works, game mods?  To anyone who's been around the internet and gaming?  That's fucking insane, and you don't want to have any part of it.

And I don't want to sound like OMG YOU GUYZ ARE SO LUCKY I'M HERE NOW, but I'm sure I'm not the only one like that.  And I've made content, built lots, write stories, share sims, write tutorials, and I mod thesims2 on livejournal now, which is a big community.

I'll tell you what the environment is like on S2C and among LJ communities, where people can link wherever they want for content and WCIFs.  Now S2C has banned the debate, but the debate hasn't really been BANNED per se among the people I see on LJ.  And you want to know what?  No drama.  The only DRAMA coming from letting people link to file-sharing sites on InSim will be from people like Beos and Chairman Greg, who are terribly illogical, can't tolerate a difference of opinion and/or stand to lose money.

A person who can't tolerate differences of opinion, btw?  Shouldn't be moderating jack shit.

Let people get their shit where they will, link where they will, and that's true neutrality and that's the only thing that will kill the drama.  You might have to invest in a leash for a couple of your mods, or let people go whose emotions get the best of them on petty matters such as this.

But take a look at Aikea Guinea and Gelydh, what all happened when they decided to leave TSR, the great reception they've gotten for being free and opening up their policies, and then you try and say that we haven't accomplished anything.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008 May 23, 18:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to my post on the adult site... how about trying to read the garbage that was posted that fueled my disgust? What I posted was rather tame compared to what I was thinking.

And linkage... bottom line I don't care what you guys post in private messages but on the site the links will not be allowed. This is for my own sanity and noone elses. This is one of the reasons why I needed a break, because people don't know when to let it drop. What has been accomplished since this site and others similar have been opened? Not a damn thing. EA hasn't taken any steps towards killing paysites and with their silence they have said they approve. Like them or not they will always be around in one form or another and will continue as long as someone is willing to purchase their product. The fate of the Sims 2 Web section has yet to be determined but things aren't looking very positive for that area and most likely will be removed unless someoe can give a sound reason as to why it shouldn't be.

I won't talk about the adult site, because I haven't read it.  I will talk about your so-called "neutrality."  First of all, as Quinctia pointed out, you could have neutrality.  You could do what MTS2 does, and not allow pay content.  You could do something different and allow people to post links to both paysites and freesites.  You could step up and moderate , so that arguments don't get out of hand.  Instead you decide to be lazy.

Also, everyday we get more and more people registering and posting here.  We've got people who have become aware of the crappy practices Rose, Peggy, and TSR have done against people.  We've got TSR worried about what we'll say and do.  And last of all, EAxis as a business has done nothing against filesharing sites either.  In fact, they're trying to plan TS3 so that paysites won't exist.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: