PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:46:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 958292 times)
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #1245 on: 2008 October 14, 01:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are classes you can go to in LA and NY that teach you how to walk in heels.  It's a science...you can get all sorts of foot and back problems if not done properly.  Also, it's supposed to be seriously unhealthy to walk in anything higher than four inch heels.

As for the clothes that little girls' wear, I'm sorry, but I have a problem with that AND with little girl makeup stuff. It's not necessary and it starts them off really young thinking that it's necessary to wear it in order to look nice.  I've even got a tiny problem with the fake plastic nails you can buy them to put on. It's the whole vanity thing in young female children; they get innundated with it from a really young age and it continues to absurd degrees when they get older.

I mean really, is there something wrong with respecting your body? Like, is it really bad to want to dress and look like you think of yourself as more than a two dollar hooker, or is that really unfashionable now?

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: 2008 October 14, 01:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fought that battle with my daughter's sperm donor for years. I dressed her practically and modestly. He would make one of his (RARE) visits and come laden with all of this tiny slut-wear and child make-up that his girlfriend had picked out for her. It came to an end when I confronted him about it only to hear him say, "I want my little girl to be beautiful." I hauled off and slugged the bastard! I also asked him since when was she "his" little girl when he maybe saw the child once a year and it was by his own choice. I also told him that his sisters could go shopping with him from now on because while his girlfriend wanted to make my baby look like a whore, her aunts sure the hell didn't. He never brought anything inappropriate to my girl again...

I got a phone call from the girlfriend that night, asking what in the hell I meant by that comment and told her that if she didn't know, then maybe she ought to stop standing on the corner of Fifth and Vine trying to get some customers and stick her nose in a book instead to educate herself.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: 2008 October 14, 01:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a phone call from the girlfriend that night, asking what in the hell I meant by that comment and told her that if she didn't know, then maybe she ought to stop standing on the corner of Fifth and Vine trying to get some customers and stick her nose in a book instead to educate herself.

Cheesy That is a sketchy corner.

I see kids dressed like sluts all the time. It's unnerving. :/

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 2008 October 14, 02:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't dress my daughter in any sort of "slut wear" and most of her little friends don't dress that way either. I wasn't saying that was all they had to choose from in the store, I was saying that it was there in the first place. It shouldn't even be an option. It is getting harder and harder to find cute clothes for the younger ones that don't have words splayed out on the ass, or sparkles emphasizing boobs they don't have yet.

Oh and pickles, I know some little girls develop early. My older sister was nearly a C cup by the time she was 10, but my mother didn't go out and get her a push up bra for her first day of fifth grade.  Cheesy

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 2008 October 14, 02:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone must be buying the slut wear for children, if they keep making it and displaying it in stores. I just don't know any kids that dress like that. It's sad to think that in some places in the world, mothers buy this sort of stuff for their kids. Why would they? It's baffling.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: 2008 October 14, 02:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if TSR was responsible for this??

*raises a brow*  I hardly think TSR can be blamed for that.  And do we really have to make up bad things about TSR?  Even in joking?  It's not like TSR doesn't give us plenty to talk about with merely their own actions.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2008 October 14, 03:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone must be buying the slut wear for children, if they keep making it and displaying it in stores. I just don't know any kids that dress like that. It's sad to think that in some places in the world, mothers buy this sort of stuff for their kids. Why would they? It's baffling.

Sadly, I have seen some children dressed in slutty clothes. They are the same kids who are wearing make up with a can of hair spray in their hair.  Undecided

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1252 on: 2008 October 14, 03:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, I wouldn't say the kid makeup does that - unless its gotten more like adult stuff than from when I was a kid.  and I'll be honest, I have a fondness for painting my face [ okay, literally, I like to put designs on it ], but that's more from ideas from books I've read and less from having powder and perfume.  And I'm both a very girly woman and a very tomboyish one.  I rarely fret about my appearance, but can go all out if I want.  I'm as happy with the idea of knitting or doing lace crochet as I am with the idea of doing stone carving or blacksmithing.

I do however think that parents need to grow a pair and tell their children -no-.  I think they need to tell Mad Ave -no- too.  Children should have comfortable, practical clothes - for running around, climbing trees and even for playing games like school.  They should not have clothes that say 'I'm playing a game of Call Girl'.  And parents need to get their kids to do more then sit in front of the TV all the time, but that's a different issue.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1253 on: 2008 October 14, 05:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister buys this shit for her daughter.  A five year old in a boob tube is disturbing.

What you'll find is that probably few pirates do it, but all those mothers who want to be their kids' mates rather than their mothers are buying it for their kids.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Lirael
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 2008 October 14, 07:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading the last few pages of this thread has made me realise how very glad I am that I have a son. The worst thing I can find for him is clothes that look like what his dad wears, and I actually think thats adorable Grin I can dress my boys up to match Cheesy  I've not looked at the little girl clothes because I had no need to, and I don't go out much so I can't say I have seen to much of it around here.
 You do see a lot of primary school girls with skinny jeans and tight tops, navel/nose/40 million ear piercings though. I think that disturbs me more than anything else.
Kids should be kids, not miniature adults.

I remember the only makeup I had was that glaringy bright stuff, snot green, fluro pink and bright blue Cheesy I spent many days looking like a clown I am sure Cheesy
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 2008 October 14, 12:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter likes makeup, and she even has her own set. It was made for children and it is obviously kids make up. Bright blue eye shadows, bubble gum pink "lipstick", you know that sort of stuff. I was actually referencing a little girl I saw the other day when I took my daughter and her best friend out to lunch. She had to be probably 6 or 7, she had on a mini skirt with a tank top on and thigh high boots. She also had her hair curled and in an updo with at least two cans of hairspray on it. She had full makeup; blush, mascara, eyeliner and bright red lipstick. The poor girl was trying to play on the playground they had indoors there, and it was bad enough that the two 3 year olds I was with kept asking why they kept seeing her underpants.  Undecided  Of course her mother was dressed the same way, which is nothing to be ashamed of, but really. These people should let their kids be kids, they grow up to freaking fast anyway.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1256 on: 2008 October 14, 15:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, one of -those- parents.  The ones that treat their children like dress up dolls and make them dress like mommie. *barf*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2008 October 14, 16:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the ones who say that their kids beg them to dress that way, and if it makes them happy...  Whatever. My daughter picks out her clothes most of the time, she is the sweet little girl you see in a tutu with fairy wings and pigtails, maybe some glitter "eyeshadow" when she wants too. You have to know when to put your foot down, if my daughter wants to dress that way, and the weather is nice enough for her too, then yeah, I let her. If its cold or we have somewhere *important* to go, then I pick out her clothes. Telling your kids "no" wont kill them, no matter how often they tell you it will.  Roll Eyes

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
piragroupie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2008 October 14, 23:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading the last few pages of this thread has made me realise how very glad I am that I have a son.

I thought the same thing too reading these posts, I am glad I have my two boys and it's so easy to dress them, just shorts and a tshirt.  Mind you when I was a kid I would pretty much wear the same thing Grin.  I did feel bad sometimes though because my Nana was a seamstress  and would make such pretty dresses for my sisters and I, that we hardly ever wore. Well except for church when we had to ugh.  My how things have changed, Im not very old, and the next generation shocks me by how they are "dressed".
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1259 on: 2008 October 14, 23:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Telling your kids "no" wont kill them, no matter how often they tell you it will.
That's the thing nowadays, you tell your kids no, they scream 'Human Rights Act' and threaten to go to the cops.

Crumbs, I had a dream last night that calalily became FA at TSR... wtf

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: